My 9 yr old

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, my daughter is nine and although I don't want her to grow up I obviously don't have a choice. Anyway, trying to figure out when it is "appropriate" (I don't really like that word) for her to start doing things like shaving her legs or wearing makeup. With the makeup I've already let her wear mascara and eyeliner around the house and out shopping but she hasn't crossed over and started wearing it to school. The shaving thing...she's blond so her leg hair is really light...but she has a lot of it. She asked me when she can start shaving her legs and I just hate to have her start at such a young age.

Thanks for any tips!

Well, I started shaving at 10... I had to go to a friend's house and do it since my mom wouldn't let me. I started with clear mascara and lipgloss about 13. Full-on makeup by 15. Needless to say, my sister was shaving by 9, and wearing liner/gloss/mascara by 13!

That being said, I think it's different for everyone. If you're confident in letting her begin with MU and shaving, then maybe sit down with her and see where she stands. I'm not ready to let Cyera start with any of that, but she really wants to at least start wearing l/g.

Back