My BF got hit by a car

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello everyone.. I have had such a drama of a week!

last night I got a phone call the minute I got home from uni. It was an ambulance officer calling to tell me that my bf aaron had been hit by a car. He'd been cycling home, and he went straight through a green light when a car turned right and hit him. He rolled across the front and smashed her windscreen in.

For an hour and a half they wouldnt let me see him and they finally let me in and I was sooo relieved. He was unbelievably lucky.

He fractured one bone in his hand, lost all his front teeth and cut his lip right open, but he had no neck or head injuries - I just cant believe he got off so lightly. He had to get stitches between his nose and his lip, on his chin, his head and his lip, and he looks terrible but he's fine.
hlp.gif

They let him home last night, after about 8 hours in emergency.

Anyway, I just had to tell you all, and to ask you to please, PLEASE be careful and look out for cyclists on the road, and even more importantly, don't forget to tell the people you love how you feel every single day - because you might never get another chance.
hugs3.gif

Oh my! I am glad he is alright! I will keep him in my prayers. I am absolutely terrified of riding a bicycle.

WOW!!!!

he is a very lucky boy.

i get so freaked out lately with accidents... the idea of my husband or son getting hurt literally terrifies me to the bone...

Oh my God Rosie, I'm so glad he's okay! Poor girl I can't imagine how you felt when they called you. He's so lucky, so sorry for his teeth though hope he recovers very soon.

Oh my god that's awful, I'm so glad he's okay. Are you two doing ok now? Last time I remember you talking about him ya'll were taking a break or something. Well regardless I'm glad he's okay, and you are so right about telling the people you love how much you care about them every day. That's why I try to never leave or get off the phone angry because you truly never know what could happen and you don't want those to be the last words you say to each other. Anyway I know your boyfriend is probably hurtin right now, or on a lot of drugs and feelin good, lol!! But either way I hope he has a good speedy recovery. Let him know all the girls on mut wish him well, he'll probably laugh, lol.

how scary! glad he's okay!! and I hope he can get his teeth fixed soon.

I'm so glad he wasn't hurt more than he was! Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Wow Glad he is ok!

It goes both ways as a warning to all... do not turn without looking out for pedestrians and (its a rule here in the U.S. but I dont know if it is there) Always walk your bike through the crosswalk! Sometimes, people who are making turns dont know how to judge speed and distance.

Wow... will the insurance pay for his dental cosmetic surgery to put teeth back on him? I am glad he is ok. Just be there for him
smile.gif

I woulda been horrified if you had said he had lost his life. Im sooo glad he will be okay. Make sure to give him lots of TLC!

thanks girls.. I will let him know
smile.gif

we're doing really well, he's grumpy because he cant walk very fast and he cant eat anything solid because of the teeth, but he's amazingly well for someone just hit by a car. No head trauma, no neck injuries.

I am so relieved he is alright. The first thing he said to me was he was sorry because he knows how much I worry about him when he's out on his bike, and then he asked if I still loved him with no front teeth
frown.gif
DUH of course I do!

Thanks for the heads up. I ran into a basketball hoop once. At least he was justified in his blunder.

Wow...I'm glad he's okay! You got me scared with the post title.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks girls.. I will let him know
smile.gif

we're doing really well, he's grumpy because he cant walk very fast and he cant eat anything solid because of the teeth, but he's amazingly well for someone just hit by a car. No head trauma, no neck injuries.

I am so relieved he is alright. The first thing he said to me was he was sorry because he knows how much I worry about him when he's out on his bike, and then he asked if I still loved him with no front teeth
frown.gif
DUH of course I do!

That is amazing...good thing he has no head trauma or neck injuries. Teeth can always be fixed! Awww...I bet you love him even more now.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back