My Dad said I should go on a low GI diet!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Purely because I'd had two rice cakes and ONE chocolate in the space of about half an hour last night my Dad said, "You should go on a low GI diet to stop you eating so much"!! I do not eat "so much" at all and the reason I'm not on a diet (like he is) is because I don't need to!
icon_rolleyes.gif
I think he's just jealous and trying to make himself feel better because I can eat what I want to without putting on weight but he can't. It just REALLY annoys me when people comment on what I eat/how much I eat as if I should be depriving myself just because they are.
mad.gif

Tell ur dad i said to pee off! No disrespect to ur dad or anything though!! That's what i say whenever my mom says something. She's a diabetic so can't eat sweet things therefore gets moody sometimes when she sees me stuffing my face with a creamy cake! I'm kinda on the GI diet by the way but i don't stick to it religiously. I however, DO NEED to lose weight
biggrin.gif

ROFLMAO..Laura @ "Tell ur dad i said to pee off!"

Originally Posted by Laura

Tell ur dad i said to pee off! No disrespect to ur dad or anything though!! That's what i say whenever my mom says something. She's a diabetic so can't eat sweet things therefore gets moody sometimes when she sees me stuffing my face with a creamy cake! I'm kinda on the GI diet by the way but i don't stick to it religiously. I however, DO NEED to lose weight
biggrin.gif

I know the same situation, It's the same for me with people who try to stop smoking for the 5th times or else. I stop the 15th of january of 2004, for the first (and last I suppose) time.
icon_rolleyes.gif

They say that I HAVE to smoke again, that I'm big now and I SHOULD smoke again!!!
icon_eek.gif

I think they're funny, because they can't succeed and so they think I have to do like them! Because I'm younger and so I have to be less courageous and "determined" (?) than them. ts ts ts
icon_frown.gif

I'm NOT big, and I don't want to smoke again, I succed to stop and I'm happy, but some people are jalous.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm 1.63 m for 62 kg (I lost 2kg in 3 weeks... it's a light diet!!! lol)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Do like me: smile and think wath do you want, you will awlays win doing like that, because you will b confident and so stronger than before and than everyone else! Just believe it, it has run for me. (I'm not sure this sentence is correct... if you understand me it's the principal! lol)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I even had some teachers who told me that I never will be able to speak english correctly one day! and it was impossible to learn english alone!

I laugh when I saw them now, of course I do a lot of mistakes, but I can speak english with english people! lol

Critics will make you strong!

But I think your father is wrong! lol

Who says you have to smoke again????

Originally Posted by Marie-Line

I know the same situation, It's the same for me with people who try to stop smoking for the 5th times or else. I stop the 15th of january of 2004, for the first (and last I suppose) time.
icon_rolleyes.gif
They say that I HAVE to smoke again, that I'm big now and I SHOULD smoke again!!!
icon_eek.gif

I think they're funny, because they can't succeed and so they think I have to do like them! Because I'm younger and so I have to be less courageous and "determined" (?) than them. ts ts ts
icon_frown.gif

I'm NOT big, and I don't want to smoke again, I succed to stop and I'm happy, but some people are jalous.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm 1.63 m for 62 kg (I lost 2kg in 3 weeks... it's a light diet!!! lol)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Do like me: smile and think wath do you want, you will awlays win doing like that, because you will b confident and so stronger than before and than everyone else! Just believe it, it has run for me. (I'm not sure this sentence is correct... if you understand me it's the principal! lol)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

no! people wants me to smake again. Because they don't believe I could stop at the first time, because they don't succeed.

So they can't believe I will succeed where they not. Am I more comprehensible? lol

thanks to say you don't understand just right after I said that I was able to be understanding!!!! LOL

Marie-Line: Your English isn't terrible and it must be really hard learning another language (and I can't speak more than a few phrases of French or months, numbers and days of the week in German!). English is also easy to get slightly wrong because there's so many different ways you can use particular words to change their meaning. lol. By the way, I think you meant to say you're understandable rather than understanding ("I'm understandable" = I'm coherant, clear, etc... and "I'm understanding" = i.e. I'm sympathetic to my friend's situation).
icon_smile.gif

Violet, isnt Marie-Line sweet? She tries so hard with her English here. We just love her
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Violet

Marie-Line: Your English isn't terrible and it must be really hard learning another language (and I can't speak more than a few phrases of French or months, numbers and days of the week in German!). English is also easy to get slightly wrong because there's so many different ways you can use particular words to change their meaning. lol. By the way, I think you meant to say you're understandable rather than understanding ("I'm understandable" = I'm coherant, clear, etc... and "I'm understanding" = i.e. I'm sympathetic to my friend's situation).
icon_smile.gif

Thanks a lot Tony, but she doesn't I speak 4 languages... It's ok.

I'm proud to know that, I can trip everywhere I want! lol

Tony, you're too nice with me, say something wrong!! lol (joke)

bye dear

Thanks for correct me Violet.

KUDOS to you gal! huu... I don't understand... sorry...
icon_redface.gif

And thanks a lot for the rest, I'm glad too, but I continue see my friends and they're still smoking, but it's good because that prooves that I can stay with them and not smoke! It's a good exercise.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Marie-Line ---- WOW ..congrats on the quitting smoking ..and STAY with the NOT smoking! KUDOS to you gal!

and I f you saw the first message, I corrected it and wrote "comprehensible"
icon_cheesygrin.gif
, and this is correct, isn't it?
icon_rolleyes.gif

but it's not important, "errare human est". lol

wink.gif
bye and talk you soon
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Violet Marie-Line: Your English isn't terrible and it must be really hard learning another language (and I can't speak more than a few phrases of French or months, numbers and days of the week in German!). English is also easy to get slightly wrong because there's so many different ways you can use particular words to change their meaning. lol. By the way, I think you meant to say you're understandable rather than understanding ("I'm understandable" = I'm coherant, clear, etc... and "I'm understanding" = i.e. I'm sympathetic to my friend's situation).
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back