My Day in Honolulu

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's pics of Liliha, Chinatown, Downtown Honolulu, and my BF's office... I spend my morning at a doctor's appointment and watching the BF work so I decided to take pics of Honolulu for you all.

As you can tell, it's not all paradise... this is mostly what I see every weekday. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful nonetheless! This is mainly the business district... there is lots on Oahu that is ; however, it's more city-fied than the other islands, like Maui, where Tony went. Oh, yeah, and the Chinatown area is where most of our homeless hang out, so there are a few pics of them and their "homes."

Oh, and Tony, the pic of "Tony's" gas station and mini mart was just for you!

biggrin.gif

Pictures (L to R, top to bottom):

1.The BF driving the car.

2.Liliha - Tony’s Gas Station and Mini-Mart

3.A view of Downtown from Liliha

4.Liliha - Someone’s “homeâ€

5.Chinatown Meat and Product market

6.Downtown Macy’s – I love Macy’s so I couldn’t resist!

7.Downtown - A view towards the ocean from Bishop St. The building I work in is in the left corner, right behind the guy who’s walking.

8.Downtown - A view towards the mountains from Alakea St.

9.A downtown restaurant

10.The building my mom works in; pic taken from BF’s office. The building was an old hotel/mansion that is now and office building.

11.The BF working at his firm.

12.Iolani Palace

13.The Capitol building

14.The Hawai‘i Supreme Court building

15.A view towards the ocean from BF’s firm’s conference room

16.BF’s firm’s conference room table

17.One of buildings in a Liliha housing project

18.Homeless lady in Chinatown

Cool pictures, thanks!

Although I must say, that's why we went to Kauai for our honeymoon ... we didn't want any big cities or big party scenes, just beautiful scenery and beaches! We probably took about 250 pictures while we were there -- hubby used a whole roll of film just at the Kileaua (spelling?) Lighthouse!

Oahu's better if you want both the city, shops, and nightlife and the beautiful scenery. They often co-exist and it's sometimes hard to take pics of the scenery without some lightpole or building in the way!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Cool pictures, thanks!
Although I must say, that's why we went to Kauai for our honeymoon ... we didn't want any big cities or big party scenes, just beautiful scenery and beaches! We probably took about 250 pictures while we were there -- hubby used a whole roll of film just at the Kileaua (spelling?) Lighthouse!

Originally Posted by wongy74 Oahu's better if you want both the city, shops, and nightlife and the beautiful scenery. They often co-exist and it's sometimes hard to take pics of the scenery without some lightpole or building in the way! Thanks for the tip, but we didn't care about cities and nightlife, we don't even like big cities on the mainland, lol. (Which is why I wonder if I choose the right major in school, there's not a lot of computer programming jobs in small towns! lol) So we wanted a quiet island! Plus my aunt and uncle vacation in Kauai about every other year, so they had told us a lot about it!

nice pics. that one bilding with the "moat" looking thing at the bottom is an interesting building. never really seen anything built like that.

lol @ taking pics of the homeless people. hehe

That's the Capitol building, where all the senators and representatives of Hawai'i meet and have their offices. The water looks gross right now... it's fricking green!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Liz nice pics. that one bilding with the "moat" looking thing at the bottom is an interesting building. never really seen anything built like that.
lol @ taking pics of the homeless people. hehe

jess, your bf is a cutie, but that is no surprise because so are you. I love those buildings. great architecture.

you know it is still strange to see such a beautiful area and then be shocked by the surrounding poverty.
icon_sad.gif
at least it is a warm place to be without a home. but also expensive as hell

Thanks Karrie Ann! You are too sweet!

Most of the buildings are from Hawaii's pre-state era. They're even more gorgeous inside. :icon_love

Hawai'i is an expensive place to live. We do have a homeless problem and not just in that area. There are entire families living in some beach and nearby areas. The high cost of living makes it difficult for many to afford housing.

But Hawai'i is still very beautiful! Most visitors do not see the parts of Oahu in these photos- downtown business district isn't exactly a hot spot!

Latest posts

Back