My First Fluidline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally found a dept. store that's sort of in my area that actually has Fluidlines in stock! I've been really wanting the Blue Peep, but I decided I wanted something that I could wear more often & also to work. The MA suggested Blacktrack, even though I was leaning toward Rich Ground. I went with the Blacktrack because she said she's never seen anybody return it.

I'm really happy with my choice, especially since I've been buying light or nude colored Lipglasses, and I think dramatic/dark eyeliner is awesome with a toned-down lip. The best thing about this liner so far is that it's actually kind of fun to apply, whereas I normally dread having to apply a pencil liner. I'm glad I didn't get the Rich Ground because I think it would have been too red for me. I'll probably end up with Dipdown and Waveline as well.

I'm wondering how similar the Fluidlines are to Stila Smudge Pots. Any opinions?

Originally Posted by Trisha I do love the f/l i have, but i still find my Smudgepots more opaque and they last longer on the eye.
For basics i'd go for Stila, and for colours get MAC f/l!

Thanks! I'm kind of traditional as far as eyeliner is concerned (mostly black, brown, and navy) so maybe I'll try the Smudge Pots. The Smudge Pots packaging is cuter too. I've found that if I pull a cute compact/pot/etc out of my purse, people are more likely to ask what it is, and I sure do like to tell them!

I haven't tried Stila's... but the fluidlines are really nice. I usually only use them when I have time to get ready - I'm really bad at applying. LOL I'm loving my Powerpoints - easy pencil, and last all day.
wink.gif

glad you like your f/l!!! I couldn´t believe anybody wouldn´t like them, and they´re kinda fun to apply, you´re right

I have both and I find f/l easier to apply, but the s/p stay on longer. My favourite liquid liner though is NARS liquid liner. It stays put and the do a shimmery turquoise shade called Neverland.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I have both and I find f/l easier to apply, but the s/p stay on longer. My favourite liquid liner though is NARS liquid liner. It stays put and the do a shimmery turquoise shade called Neverland. I've always been tempted by the NARS liner, but have been put off by the bottle and applicator - are they easy to apply??
Spazbaby - i got the Blacktrack too and it's a great staple in my collection now.

Originally Posted by Bhav I've always been tempted by the NARS liner, but have been put off by the bottle and applicator - are they easy to apply?? I find it easy to apply, the formulation's a bit creamier than f/l and s/p. I can't use my push brush with it, but I can get most of my other liner brushes (Stila #4 and MAC 311) in the neck. I really love Neverland, it's one of my favourite eye products.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I find it easy to apply, the formulation's a bit creamier than f/l and s/p. I can't use my push brush with it, but I can get most of my other liner brushes (Stila #4 and MAC 311) in the neck. I really love Neverland, it's one of my favourite eye products. Thanx! I'll have another look at them when i go past the NARS counter next!

I would automatically stick with the Fluidlines, just because I don't have to go to Sephora for them. However, now that I have a job where I'll be downtown half the time, Sephora will be more accessible to me. So I may end up owning more Stila products than I anticipated. Plus, I can get some Nars blushes too! I just don't like ordering online...it's not as satisfying as walking out of the store with a bagful of goodies in hand!

Latest posts

Back