My first Lush haul!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As soon as the Finish-It-All challenge was over, I was online ordering some stuff from Lush. I'd been drooling over their website and catalog for months. I love their philosophy and how they describe their products...they all sound heavenly! My order came yesterday, I got: Skinny Dip shower gel, Buffy the Backside Slayer body butter, Jungle solid conditioner, Silky Underwear dusting powder, and King of Skin body butter. I also received a free gift of a lavender bath ballistic. I am so excited!!! I used the Skinny Dip tonight. I had some pretty high expectations for it, since everyone I know describes it as "addictive". I'll do a review on it in the next day or so.

I was planning on a MAC order as well, but that didn't materialize. I did buy a Stila Smudgepot in Navy from Wongy74 tho! (thanks for the major samplage too Jess!) I'm gonna wear some for Mother's Day and be lookin' cute.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam As soon as the Finish-It-All challenge was over, I was online ordering some stuff from Lush. I'd been drooling over their website and catalog for months. I love their philosophy and how they describe their products...they all sound heavenly! My order came yesterday, I got: Skinny Dip shower gel, Buffy the Backside Slayer body butter, Jungle solid conditioner, Silky Underwear dusting powder, and King of Skin body butter. I also received a free gift of a lavender bath ballistic. I am so excited!!! I used the Skinny Dip tonight. I had some pretty high expectations for it, since everyone I know describes it as "addictive". I'll do a review on it in the next day or so.
I was planning on a MAC order as well, but that didn't materialize. I did buy a Stila Smudgepot in Navy from Wongy74 tho! (thanks for the major samplage too Jess!) I'm gonna wear some for Mother's Day and be lookin' cute.
wink.gif

Nice haul Jess! I've heard of Lush, but I've never had anything by them... but bath goodies are always nice!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Congrats!

Oh my. Lush is FANTASTIC! I am a major Lush fan and believe me, it can become an expensive habit! I love the bath ballistics, soaps and bubble bar slices. The products smell delicious and make your whole house smell fab.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but skinny dip is being discontinued next month. I have tried this and did not really like it. Probably because it did not smell how i expected it too. Look out for the new range of shower gels though as they smell gorgeous.
icon_biggrin.gif

I hope you enjoy Lush as much as i do (which is a LOT!).
icon_lol.gif

Oh what a great haul Jessica. I only have one Lush product DREAM CREAM and i adore it. Its cured my psorisas on my leg that i've had on and off for years. (note to anybody with dry skin conditions, ye gotta try Dream Cream!).. I've been wanting to try Buffy The Backside Slayer too. Enjoy
biggrin.gif

nice haul. i've never heard of lush before, but it sounds like nice stuff!
icon_biggrin.gif

I,ve heard of Lush. I think I read about it in a couple of magazines. I went to their website and I like it a lot.

I guess I'll have to spend some money with them too!
smile.gif

Oh, Lush is just wonderful! Several of their products have a cult following. In fact I'm getting off this darn computer in a minute here, and going to use my Buffy the Backside Slayer body butter! Haloinrverse has used a ton of Lush goodies and she kindly reviewed them all!

Halo, I guess I'm just blessed!
icon_lol.gif
hee hee! The Jungle conditioner is nice so far. I want to use it a couple more times, before I review it. I read in the catalog it takes a few tries to really get the hang of application.

Originally Posted by Elise I used to be a BIG Lush fan. I tried quite a lot of products and participated on Lush forums... it can be very addicting, especially if you live near a Lush store like me. Woah, if I lived closer to a Lush store...it would be heaven (hell for my wallet!). The nearest one to me is in Portland, OR which is 45 min. away, not too terribly far. Some weekend soon I'll make the trek with a friend!
I wasn't bowled over with Buffy the BSS either, it was ok but I think you said it well, "not my thing". I'm going to post a review tonight. Haven't tried KOS yet...

Skinny Dip d/c? Wow, I don't think that's a smart move for Lush!!!
frown.gif

lol. yes, if i lived closer to a lush store, id blow all my money there too. the closest one is 4 hours away.....in canada! imagine telling that to the border cops. yes sir, im entering the country to purchase bath and body products.

i just got my little lush haul - cereology soap, 17 cherry tree lane soap, mask of magnaminty (ive wanted to try this for years) and a fairy jasmine with wings bath ballistic. ive tried the fairy jasmine before.

ill post reviews when i try everything out.

i just tried out my lush soap sod soap last night and im not sure how i feel about it. it really does smell like fresh cut grass and hay, but to the point of almost smelling like turpentine. i was cranky and had a headache when i tried it, so that probably influenced my sense of smell. ill try it out again tonight. lol.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse i was cranky and had a headache when i tried it, so that probably influenced my sense of smell. ill try it out again tonight. lol. Me too! When my order came the other day, I was in the middle of a unholy migraine. I opened the pkg., thinking it might cheer me up or take my mind off of my misery, but instead the scents made me absolutely nauseous! I was like "Vanessa (my daughter) take this stuff far away from me NOW!" Now, I love the smells, it all smells totally different!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Me too! When my order came the other day, I was in the middle of a unholy migraine. I opened the pkg., thinking it might cheer me up or take my mind off of my misery, but instead the scents made me absolutely nauseous! I was like "Vanessa (my daughter) take this stuff far away from me NOW!" Now, I love the smells, it all smells totally different!
tongue.gif
aww.
frown.gif
ive been really sick with three colds (yes, three different ones, if you can believe it) and i have my previous lush haul sitting on my desk. its a bunch of honey scented stuff, and the smell was making me nauseous. when my nostrils temporarily cleared from time to time, that is. now i love the scent again.

Lush is one of my fav brands :icon_love I love their shampoos and soaps very much!!!! Great
icon_cheesygrin.gif
but expensive stuff
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back