My first mac purchase what should I get

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking the holiday brush set with the 187 Ive heard so much about, smolder pencil, vanilla pigment for hilighting, and msf in goldspill thats what one of the online artist suggested. anything else I should get to make Look HOTTTT...
devilish.gif

fluidline!!!! their awesome!!! plus all that you;'ve listed. PLS for the love of MAC god dont forget the pigments!! it's a bottomless pits! lol

The brush set is a good idea. Also, do they still have the Smoke Signals quads available? Those are awesome if you like doing a smokey eye. Or maybe the new holiday palettes, those are pretty nice too.

Oooh I have to agree on the fluidline, I have blacktrack and I LOVE it! I'm a goof when putting liquid liner on myself but i can apply the fluidline perfectly with a liner brush.

I would get both of the holiday pigment sets and maybe the plushglass, lustreglass or lipglass sets as well depending on what you like. The stuff from the regular line could probably wait since you can get those at any time.
smile.gif

Hi,

I would definitely add carbon or black tied eyeshadow. Try looking at their cream color bases too. Don't forget the clear lipglass.

Are carbon and black tie good for the smokey eye look? Thats my favorite when it comes to eye makeup

ooops I see its call black tied

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif The brush set is a good idea. Also, do they still have the Smoke Signals quads available? Those are awesome if you like doing a smokey eye. Or maybe the new holiday palettes, those are pretty nice too.
Oooh I have to agree on the fluidline, I have blacktrack and I LOVE it! I'm a goof when putting liquid liner on myself but i can apply the fluidline perfectly with a liner brush.

i don't think they have it anymore in stores but they still have the Gentle Fume quad online.
how long does fluidline last? i don't mean by staying power but by how often do you need to repurchase it when it runs out. i want to purchase it if it last longer than the pencil liners.

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif how long does fluidline last? i don't mean by staying power but by how often do you need to repurchase it when it runs out. i want to purchase it if it last longer than the pencil liners.

it definitely lasts longer than a pencil. I think ive had mine for over a year.
The quads might still be available. Just ask your store.

Originally Posted by beautyfinatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are carbon and black tie good for the smokey eye look? Thats my favorite when it comes to eye makeup
ooops I see its call black tied

Hi,
Absolutely. Carbon is matte and Black Tied has glitter.

They still have the smoking eyes quad at the freestanding store I go to. None of the eyeshadows in that quad are really unique though so you can find dupes easily.

Vanilla pigment is a must have
smile.gif
it's my favorite highlighter and has been for years. Thats the only sample jar I re-fill from my large jars in my sale stock collection. Some of my other favorites are chocolate brown, forest green, deep purple, maroon, coco beach, copperized, pink opal, pink pearl (great as a blush too)sweet sienna, tan, and well the list goes on, lol. I love their liquidlast liner but their brush make it hard to apply so I use their fluidline. If i'm in a hurry then I use their paint pots and that shadow will stay on for days
smile.gif
I have a problem layering it though so any suggestions about that would be great.

My first purchase was the lip gloss. I still have it.

Get the brushes.

Don't forget the black matt. It is worth it. And Vanillia.

Thanks for asking this. I am going to buy some Mac too. I am pretty sure I am getting the holiday brush set for Christmas because my SIL (cosmetologist) had it and I was so jealous and I was going to buy some cheap brushes and my MIL said "maybe you should wait to see what you get for Christmas". So *fingers crossed*!

mac brushes are great!! but i reccommend using less expensive brushes until you are really ready and sure you want to indulge! haha

For my first MAC purchase I got Studio Fix Foundation. I figure to start small and work my way up

Latest posts

Back