My First Painted Furniture Project

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm making myself get off the couch more, not only for working out and being social but also doing things around my home to make it more "home".

So since we are moving into a three bedroom apartment and it is going to play double duty storage/craft room, I am going to start with what will probably be the biggest piece of furniture in the room: the dresser.

​
Pardon the messiness, right now this is living in the Boy's room and well..yeah. We just won't go there. 

Anyways, I'm going to completely sand this down and paint it. Right now, I am leaning towards a very bright red with the drawer faces painted a black and the pulls painted a shiny gold.

I've always wanted to paint furniture before but have never had the opportunity, this should be fun!

Fun! I got some ornate mirrors a long time ago for free from a friend, and recently I painted them black and they look nice. I went to Hobby Bench and they sold some that looked identical for $40!

Ok so I decided to save this piece of furniture for last since I am fairly new to this!

So I turned my attention to my dining room chairs.

I really didn't like the dark stain and the fabric was very plastic feeling and extremely dirty. So I'm doing a complete overhaul. I am in the process of sanding all the stain down and ripped off the ugly fabric.

Here is the results from the seat:

Thank you! I am having a blast with this! And wouldn't you know it, jsut as I start getting into this full swing, it's been threatening rain for the past 2 days.

In Texas of all places. 

Not that I mind rain, we are in a drought but still! Timing is everything!

Great effort, well done. I have a similar old wooden chair I'd like to restore as well. I also have a wooden coffee table that could do with a good sanding and either a new point job or a stain.

Bedroom Trends

Latest posts

Back