My First Tutorial - Turquoise, Midnight Blue and Purple

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first tutorial, I'm not very skilled yet (still learning alot!) constructive criticism welcomed!

Sorry about the quality/lack of pictures - my camera didn't pick up the colours very well, it's alot more vivid in real life! I'm willing to do a step by step photo tutorial if people wish for one! Enjoy
smile.gif

I Used

Foundation - Maybelline Dream Matt Mousse - 010 Ivory

Bronzer - Clinique True Bronze - 02 Sunkissed

Eyeshadows - Barry M Dazzle Dust - Turquoise Colour = 78

- Purple Colour = 34

- Midnight Blue Colour = 23

- Silver Colour = 8

- Black = 11

- Ruby & Mille - Purple 540P

Highlight - Jemma Kidd - All Over Radiance Creme - Rose Gold 02

Mascara/Eyeliner - Lancome Le Crayon Kohl & Max Factor Masterpiece Max

Method

1. After applying foundation base, primer potion etc. Dampen an old bruhse (I'm using a lip brush) with some Mac Mixing Medium and load with a Turquoise Color. Apply to the eyelid just under the crease and from the inner-corner to 2/3 of the way across the lid.

2. Next wash the brush and dampen it again with mixing medium and apply a dark midnight blue to the remaining 1/3 of the eye. Remembering to stay under the crease.

3. Wash and dampen the brush again with Mac Mixing Medium and on the crease and going slightly above place a vivd purple.

4. Make sure the mixing medium is dry and blend the light blue into the darker blue. I prefer to use either a cotton wool bud or my fingers as I think it blends the eyeshadow better and leaves a more vivid colour.

5. Using a clean finger (or brush) blend the dark blue upwards into the purple until there are no harsh lines.

6. Blend the purple downwards, and towards the inner corner so it gradually fades into the lighter blue.

7. The purple will now need blending upwards in a smokey eye effect, towards the eyebrow.

8. Swish over the purple in a zig-zag motion with a fluffy blending brush until all harsh lines have gone.

9. Using a silver colour place a small amount around the dark purple to help the blending process.

10. Apply a highlight to the brow bone, I highly recommend Jemma Kidds radiance creme!

11. Apply eyeliner along the eyelid, not to thick, and blend downwards into the lash line. Do the same on the lower lash.

12. Ad bronzer/blush and lip gloss/balm and you're ready to go!

11. Apply lashings of mascara, line and line the waterline with a kohl eyeliner.

RESULTS

Latest posts

Back