My friends handbag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went out with a group of friends last night, one of my friends bought along her mothers old handbag. She flew back from her mums today from being with her at xmas. While she was at her mums she asked her mum if she still had the handbag she remembered when she was a little girl in the 1970s. After some digging they found it.

Its made of the early hard brittle plastic and it looks like a magazine folded in half. The 2 halfs of the bag are held together only by the thin leather strap. The inside is lined with felt with a seperate compartment for perhaps a compact. Its very wonky as the little strap is all that holds it together.

The handbag was used quite a lot by her mother but the picture on the outside is still very clear on it.

I thought it was very cool and something I have never seen before, I thought I would share it as its something I think is different and old.

2144330598_e56607f449.jpg

2143528317_cb2c285ea8.jpg

OMG!!!!! Incredible. I love vintage handbags and that certainly applies. It's beautiful. She has something there and looks like it is in great shape./ Congrats to her.

OHHH!! That's so cute!

I had a friend that made a purse out of Kool-Aid Burst (like Capri-Sun) pouches once.

Definitely a collectors item. Vintage still in good shape is hard to find.

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like it... very original. is it like a clutch type of thing? Yes its a clutch bag, it has no handles or shoulder strap.

That's really cute. I remember my friend had a bag like that with Marilyn Monroe on it.

Latest posts

Back