My Glam - still problems?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I know there were lots of complaints about My Glam - and I had some of the same complaints, therefore unsubscribed.

I also know that MyGlam flew in some people, got their ideas, etc. - My question: Has there been improvement recently?

If so, what improved? Are you happier with the service now?

Thanks!

--P

I personally really never had a problem with them, other than fishy smell from the bags. That smell was from their production plant which is no longer being used so no more fishy smell YAY! But overall I have heard that things are much better now then they were. My first bag was April (UD eyeliner, 2 MyGlam Brushes, eyelashes, and I don't remember the last thing)

I know that I got an email saying today that they are going to start using the beauty surveys to pick a color that would best suite you and that for the rest of 2012 we will be getting products from brands such as Urban Decay, NYX, and the balm were all mentioned. They also posted a picture of a black and red bag that looked like it had a higher quality zipper, so it seems to me that they are working on improvement. I have been really enjoying my bags lately.

I am tempted to join. I just filled out the glam survery thing. (It was hard to decide what hair color to put - I sometimes lighten it more blonde, and other times go for a reddish hue). But I am not sure whether to go for it and subscribe.

Is it easy to unscribe if you don't like it? Is there a website link or something for unsubscribing?

When you're logged in, right on your account settings page is a "cancel subscription" link.

I cancelled my subscription last month after just two months of subscribing. I received products I had never heard of (specifically Eclos, which made my face numb) - and after some quick googling, found I could purchase most of them from local drug stores. The bags, while cute, were poor quality. Michelle Phan, the curator, also ordered brushes and bags in high quantities from China, and I don't want to support that.

I'm all for trying new things, but I want to try higher-end products, which is why I'll stick to Birchbox and look for another subscription with larger samples like Sample Society or Glossy Box. 

Finally, I moved before I received my September bag, and changed my address on their website. I had no problems with my Julep or Birchbox subscription finding me (I updated my address and also had usps mail forwarding set up), but never received my ipsy bag. After looking at my tracking information I saw that it had been returned to sender. I emailed ipsycare and they told me I updated my address after their shipping labels were printed, but would make a "one time exception" and send me a second bag, which was "basically two bags for the price of one." ... They made a one time exception to make sure the bag I paid for got to me? Overall the experience was off-putting and I'll spend my money elsewhere. 

Originally Posted by libedon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled my subscription last month after just two months of subscribing. I received products I had never heard of (specifically Eclos, which made my face numb) - and after some quick googling, found I could purchase most of them from local drug stores. The bags, while cute, were poor quality. Michelle Phan, the curator, also ordered brushes and bags in high quantities from China, and I don't want to support that.

I'm all for trying new things, but I want to try higher-end products, which is why I'll stick to Birchbox and look for another subscription with larger samples like Sample Society or Glossy Box. 

Finally, I moved before I received my September bag, and changed my address on their website. I had no problems with my Julep or Birchbox subscription finding me (I updated my address and also had usps mail forwarding set up), but never received my ipsy bag. After looking at my tracking information I saw that it had been returned to sender. I emailed ipsycare and they told me I updated my address after their shipping labels were printed, but would make a "one time exception" and send me a second bag, which was "basically two bags for the price of one." ... They made a one time exception to make sure the bag I paid for got to me? Overall the experience was off-putting and I'll spend my money elsewhere. 
The address issue would irk me to no end, too. 

But I just got my first bag, and I definitely can't find any of these brands at drugstores . Ipsy also blew Birchbox out of the water on shipping speed. They use the same shipper, and it was like Ipsy shipped with a Star Trek Transporter, and I'm still waiting on BB to ship via Conestoga Wagon Train.

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ipsy also blew Birchbox out of the water on shipping speed. They use the same shipper, and it was like Ipsy shipped with a Star Trek Transporter, and I'm still waiting on BB to ship via Conestoga Wagon Train.
Bwhahaha! Yes. I'm still waiting for Ipsy but I know it REALLY has shipped while Birchbox I have yet to see the tracking update which means it's still in New Jersey. LOL

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But I just got my first bag, and I definitely can't find any of these brands at drugstores . 
Based on the previous poster's "last two months" statement, I figured I'd recap the August/September's bags:

August:

Eclos - available at Walgreens

Demeter - available at Walgreens (at least some of their collections have been)

SALTY Cosmetics - Custom blend eyeshadow, not available in drugstore

Circus by Andrea's Choice - Private label nail polish

MyGlam Lipgloss - Private label lipgloss

September:

London Soho Brush - available at Walgreens

Circus by Andrea's Choice - Private Label nail polish

Mirabella - not available in drugstores

Jane - available at Walmart/Rite Aid prior to the relaunch; store availability now unsure

Carol's Daughter - not available in drugstore

So out of 10 products, 3 have been found in drugstores, 1 used to be available in drugstores, 3 are private label, and 3 are not drugstore brands(although in some cases, "high-end" would be disputable). It's actually a much more fair distribution than I had thought, although if one lumps private label items in with drugstore items, the balance shifts dramatically.

Latest posts

Back