My hair is fried.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(please ignore the spelling and grammer errors.)

my hair is like fried from something i have no clue what is. i wash it about 2-3 times a week with good shampoo and condition it about 4-5 times a week. i use leave in conditioners but its still in this "crunchy" state. my hair is really curly so i have to use gel. but i dont use cheapo gel because i know its really bad for hair. . i use only paul mitchell products. ive seen some improvment since i switched but very little. ive tried just about every "deep condtioning" treatment out there ive seen. i understand thats theres not much u can do with already damanged hair. but how can i prevent damage to my hair? i rarely rarely rarely use any heat devices (devises sp? its late i cant think straight tonight) any recommendations on how i can "fix" my hair would be greatly appreciated.

i was really sleepy when i typed that...and i didn't realize there was a spell check feature on here until after i posted!

What "fried" your hair to begin with? Have you ever tried an oil treatment? Those seem to work for me and I have curly/wavy hair.

Originally Posted by simplykrazy07 (please ignore the spelling and grammer errors.)
my hair is like fried from something i have no clue what is. i wash it about 2-3 times a week with good shampoo and condition it about 4-5 times a week. i use leave in conditioners but its still in this "crunchy" state. my hair is really curly so i have to use gel. but i dont use cheapo gel because i know its really bad for hair. . i use only paul mitchell products. ive seen some improvment since i switched but very little. ive tried just about every "deep condtioning" treatment out there ive seen. i understand thats theres not much u can do with already damanged hair. but how can i prevent damage to my hair? i rarely rarely rarely use any heat devices (devises sp? its late i cant think straight tonight) any recommendations on how i can "fix" my hair would be greatly appreciated.

naturally curly hair is dry to begin with, I have curly hair as well. Best thing you can do is just to keep your ends nice and cleaned up. I am not a big Paul Mitchell fan, but if it works for you that is great. I use Joico K-Pak reconstructor on my hair 1-2 times a week. And it works wonders on my hair.Now about your gel, Paul Mitchell seems to change their formula on their products all the time. Try using a curl defining cream, it will still define your curls with out making them crunchy or frizzy and it has less alcohol in it. Good Luck

Though I cannot identify w/ curls I am a perpetual hair dyer!! I also use a blow dryer daily as well as a ceramic straightener. I like my hair SUPER FLAT. Anyway I love Paul Mitchell, but I found Matrix Biolage products to improve (or at least aesthetically) my hairs condition. One particular product I LOVE by them is their Smoothing Shine Milk. Hot oils do help a great deal, too. It seems like they leave a fine coat of oil on the hair to protect and mend.

I have tons more I could say, but we'll see how this goes....and what other thoughts you here....I've GOT TO get to bed!!

Why don't you try ASIENCE? It helps straightening your hair even though you have naturally curled hair. Not only I but also some of my friends reallize it. You can find it with Froogle. I like conditioner and treatment.

You should definitely look around for a salon that offers the Biolage Cera-Repair treatments... the hydra-thereapie one is amazing!!! You can also get a 'home' kit at Ulta with conditioners that are great inbetween treatments.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol What "fried" your hair to begin with? Have you ever tried an oil treatment? Those seem to work for me and I have curly/wavy hair. i have no clue what fried it. i dont blow dry my hair or anything. and everyone else thank for the advise!

What do you mean fried?

Did you get some sort of process that weakened your hair and now it's "fried"? I've found that lots of deep-conditioning works wonders, after the initial trip to the salon for a trim of course. I thought I fried my hair after getting highlights, straightening and then hitting the beach and pool this season, but good-old deep conditioning and laying off the hair-dryer and other heat styling tools has been great. Back to silky, soft and shiny hair.

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you.

Janelle, I've seen those vials at the beauty supply store and didn't know which to choose. Hydra it is...

i think i figured out why my hair is sooo dry, i use REALLY hot water when i shower, ive tried using cool water on on my hair and in like 3 days i can already tell a huge difference...

Originally Posted by simplykrazy07 i think i figured out why my hair is sooo dry, i use REALLY hot water when i shower, ive tried using cool water on on my hair and in like 3 days i can already tell a huge difference... Yeah... that could affect it too. Hot water opens up the pores of your scalp and the cuticle of the hair, and usually will leave you with frizz no matter what you do. Plus, very hot water is also drying for your skin. You should always try to rinse your hair (and body) with cool water for at least 30 seconds before getting out of the shower. Your hair will be much shinier b/c it closes the cuticle of the hair shaft, makes hair lay better, and won't seem so dry.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Try using a curl defining cream, it will still define your curls with out making them crunchy or frizzy and it has less alcohol in it. Good Luck I agree with this, my hair's been loads better since I started using curl creams (I just leave mine to dry naturally) and serums. I really like Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock, I have shoulder length hair and only need a pea sized blob so even though it seems more expensive initially it does work.
My hair also gets fried if I haven't been eating or drinking properly. When It looks crap I know it's time to break out the nuts and oily fish and to start making sure I get at least 2 litres (4 pints) of water a day.

Are you out in the sun aloT? The sun can damage you hair too. You should try a conditioning treatment called the semi.

I would leave the gel alone and go for a product like Miss Jessie's curly pudding. It is made for curly hair. She also has moisturizing products.

Since I use a flat iron...my hair care routine on the weekend is...before I shampoo my hair, I rinse my hair with apple cider vinegar (I know it stinks but only untill you wash it) and that seems to get rid of all the built up residue from my styling routine during the week. I shampoo, then I apply Queen Helene Cholesterol and put on a hair cap for about 30 min. After this I rinse and my hair is back to normal. Its soft and shines. The ACV and Queen Helene are very low cost and work very well.

ACV is a great tip!

I have Curly hair and I have to tell you I have used Ouidad's deep conditioner for years but what I love more now is Edwin Paul products his deep conditioner and all products that Edwin Paul makes smells heavenly and are perfect for dry hair, or anyone's hair. He has a Mild Shampoo and Moisture Shampoo, others too. I do not use everyone as they are expensive but a little goes a long way.

And whomever said Curly hair is dry.... is correct!! It always is dry.

Always use a good conditioner and keep the heat away as much as possible.

There are natural home remedies but I cannot think of any other right now.

With all the Great Conditioners out there, a person can always find the right one.

Sunny

I also recommend acv. Sometimes when my hair gets frizzy it is because there is a lot of buildup in my hair. I also have curly/wavy hair. I use an acv rinse to get rid of the buildup from gels, hairspray etc. I use 1 tbsp of acv (I use the Braggs kind from Whole Foods) in 1 cup warm water. After shampooing I pour the mixture over my head and work it through for about a minute. Then I rinse thoroughly. Then after my hair is towel dried I do a deep conditioning treatment. I do this about every 10 shampoos.

Latest posts

Back