My June 2012 Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dryadsbubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my June 2012 Birchbox today and have posted images of the box and products, as well as brief summaries here:
If you wouldn't mind posting it here. We have a rule against allowing members to post links to their blogs and telling people to go there for the review.

Sure thing!

My June 2012 Birchbox contained:

[SIZE=10pt]Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive
The Birchbox Sneak Peek video did mention that these self-tanning cloths by Comodynes work well on fair-skinned people, and I'm about as fair skinned as you can get. I have never used a self-tanner. I think I will plan to give these a try over a weekend, in case something goes wrong. Overall I am curious to try these but also see the possibility that these self-tanning cloths remain hidden in my Birchbox for months on end before I finally discover them again.

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick
I was excited to receive the Eyeko Fat Eye Stick, and even more excited to see that the color was a dark charcoal grey! Last month I received the Stila liner in Curacao, a very electric blue, and to date have only actually worn it once (and even then it was a thin layer over a dark midnight blue liner to lessen the bright blue effect). Birchbox's site lists three colors for the Eyeko stick, Black, Old Gold, and Petrol Blue. The Petrol Blue seemed to be similar in color to the Stila Curacao, and I would have been a bit sad if my Eyeko had arrived in another brilliant blue color.

Overall I am excited to have received the Eyeko (probably the most exciting product from the box, because who doesn't get excited about a full-sized product?!) and think it has a lot of versatility in use.

Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF 50 Normal to Oily
My Birchbox profile has me listed as having my "splurge item" as "latest makeup color", and my "main concern" as "sun protection", having my first two boxes both contain full-sized eye liners, a Dr. Jart BB cream with spf25 and the Facial Moisturize with SPF 50, I would have to say that Birchbox is matching me with products that are true to my beauty profile! 
[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]I'll definitely be giving the Lifewise Facial Moisturizer a try, but for $44 for a full-size, it will have to be pretty outstanding to convince me to switch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I was worried the stain would be too dark but it went on very sheer and was nicely build-able. I ended up putting two coats of stain on my lips to see how dark the color went, but I think if I were to wear this stain for real, I would stick to one coat. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]I was curious to try out the cheek stain as well (predominantly to satisfy my curiosity about what exactly a cheek stain was!), and I liked it a lot. I dabbed a few spots on the apples of my cheeks and blended the stain with my finger. The overall effect was a pale pink blush that seemed very natural and not too bright at all. I actually ended up dabbing a few extra spots to darken the blush.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]tili Bags (Lifestyle Extra)
Overall I really do not have much opinion about the tili bag. It is a cute design on the bag, but I do not feel like it will fulfill some purpose that another product (normal, store-brand, plastic bags?!) was not fulfilling already.

John Varvatos Star USA cologne (Lifestyle Extra)
Ah, the men's cologne. I am a single, 25 year old woman. I am not in a relationship nor am I actively dating anyone. I have NO ONE to give this cologne to. Furthermore, I almost exclusively wear perfumes with floral notes, so attempting to wear this cologne myself would not work. I know this for a fact because I tried it on this evening. Spicy notes definitely are not for me, so I can not even attempt to swing this cologne as a spicy unisex scent. Overall, I have no idea what I am going to do with this cologne. For now, I guess it is going to languish in my Birchbox (potentially alongside the self-tanning cloths!) until I figure out a better solution.

Overall evaluation of my June 2012 Birchbox
I was pleased/excited/happy with the contents of this month's Birchbox. My first two months with Birchbox and both boxes have had at least one product (both had more, actually) that I used in real life a few times and was really excited about.
[/SIZE]

I really feel like this needs to go under the June Birchbox discussion. I do not like the idea of anybody creating a separate thread just for their on box. We could end up with 300 threads that way. I onlu came acroas this one by accident on the makeuptalk recent activity page

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really feel like this needs to go under the June Birchbox discussion. I do not like the idea of anybody creating a separate thread just for their on box. We could end up with 300 threads that way. I onlu came acroas this one by accident on the makeuptalk recent activity page
People are free to create their own thread if they want. It's not breaking any rules. You don't have to read it, but I like seeing lengthy reviews like this in their own thread so I don't have to slog through 50 posts of my box shipped and weighs .3028540 to find it. 

I really want the eyeko!

This is an awesome box - which means I probably will not get this one. Not that lucky to get a box where I would use just about everything. Pls let us know how the self tanning wipes work (if u try)

I have box envy now and I haven't even gotten my box yet!  That is an awesome box!

I think your box is pretty good!  I'm really pale too an not crazy about self tanners (too orange) so I'm almost positive they will show up in my box. 
wink.gif

I want everything in this box except for the self tanner because I'm already dark as it is haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope I get a woman's perfume instead of a men's cologne. They ought to make that a bonus item. I'd prob end up giving it to my boyfriend.

I can't wait until I get my box next week!!

Did anyone see the youtube video that was posted 14 hours ago? I want those BandAid haha. So cute! I'm such an accident prone too 
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like seeing lengthy reviews like this in their own thread so I don't have to slog through 50 posts of my box shipped and weighs .3028540 to find it. 
Amen! 

Oh, and another 100 posts of 'mine didn't ship, I can't wait, and I am sooo excited!' followed by yet 100 more of 'I am sooo disappointed, and I wish I had the other box!'  
4.gif
rofl2.gif

But seriously, great, eloquent review which does deserve its own thread. 
claps.gif
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally  I rather see individual reviews in their own threads rather than in the discussion because the discussion gets bogged down with lots of random chit chat ranging from predictions as to what's in the box to things mentioned a few posts above me ("can't wait", "ugh hate it!", etc). Stand alone discussions on reviews are great because you can read - or not - a person's thoughts on what they actually got.

dryadsbubble -- LOVE the review. I hope to see you post more reviews in upcoming months and I hope to see others post their own reviews as well.

I'm astonish how fast I received my June box! It's was only two days ago since I received my email confirmation.

Now I didn't exactly get what I wanted except for those awesome Band-Aid haha.

However, I can already tell I'm going to enjoy testing everything that was sent to me. 
smilehappyyes.gif

Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream

CleanWell Individual Hand Sanitizing Wipes

Scalisi Skincare Anti Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

theBalm cosmestics Stainiac in Beauty Queen

Cynthia Rowley Dress Up Band-Aids

John Varvatos Star USA men's cologne

Ahhh.... you know what, I was not clear on what you meant when you were talking about this earlier. You meant for people to post longer, thoughtful reviews in their own threads. I see! I can see how that would work for reviews. I wonder, in order to keep things clear, we could ask people to stick to one thread for each box number/type? What do you think? It would be neat to have them all in a group by box!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally  I rather see individual reviews in their own threads rather than in the discussion because the discussion gets bogged down with lots of random chit chat ranging from predictions as to what's in the box to things mentioned a few posts above me ("can't wait", "ugh hate it!", etc). Stand alone discussions on reviews are great because you can read - or not - a person's thoughts on what they actually got.

dryadsbubble -- LOVE the review. I hope to see you post more reviews in upcoming months and I hope to see others post their own reviews as well.

I think that would be great if all those with like box 2 had their own review thread while those who got box 15 had their own. Good idea.

Latest posts

Back