My Macy's might have some new counters!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I was talking to a girl that worked at the Prescriptives counter and she was telling me that they were going to be bringing in Stila, Bobbi Brown, and La Mer!!!! So I was all super excited, and asked if they were hiring. She wasn't sure because they wouldn't be bringing in the other lines till the end of the year or even next year. but they have a couple of counter areas emptied out right now. so she wrote down my name and number to give to the cosmetics dept manager.

i went upstairs to shop some more, and when i came back down, i saw the girl who was talking to the manager and was actually handing her the note. so i met the manager and she gave me a little interview! i'm not sure if that means anything though. i was so nervous though. i didn't expect it and i've only had one interview before. so i wasn't sure what to say and my voice was shakey
icon_redface.gif
. i told her that i really wanted to work for stila or BB. but she said that they were going to be bringing some Philosophy products in and seeing how well they do. and if they do well, they'll bring in the whole line. and if they bring in the whole line, then she doesn't think they'll bring in stila. i forgot to ask about BB or other lines though.

she had me fill out an application online and she would tell the HR dept people to pull my application to keep on hand. she doesn't have any counters available right now. but she said something about Chanel needing some perfume sellers because I was a perfume/cologne rep for a weekends. or maybe they need some chanel artists. not sure. working for chanel would be cool though since i can't afford it. lol. i don't really know how to say the names though. lol

i tried to work for a different macy's like 2 years ago and was in a group interview, but didn't get hired
frown.gif
and i applied to work the front desk at my sports center, but they haven't contacted me at all
frown.gif
i feel like a loser. lol it's like they hire anybody sometimes, so if they don't hire me, that would be bad. lol

anyways, i just wanted to post this. thanks if you read all of this. lol

no Liz your'e definitely not a loser, it just means that there is something better for you. It might be the job at Macy's and I hope it is! I really hope you get the job! Good Luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

thank you devin! i would LOVE to work for stila or Bobbi brown or sephora, or shu uemura IF they ever had a sotre/counter near me. those are my top picks besides working for mac of course. hehe

yea, i've been trying to get on at Mac for a while but they have a hiring freeze b/c they relocated the New Orleans artists.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Liz thank you devin! i would LOVE to work for stila or Bobbi brown or sephora, or shu uemura IF they ever had a sotre/counter near me. those are my top picks besides working for mac of course. hehe

Good luck!! I hope that this is the right time for you to finally get the job you want!

Good Luck hun!! They're bringing in Bobbi to our Macy's - hopefully we get Stila too!
smile.gif

Good luck!!

Originally Posted by Liz working for chanel would be cool though since i can't afford it. lol. i don't really know how to say the names though. lol I couldn't agree more
smile.gif

thanks you guys! i'm hoping that if i work at a different counter for awhile and then stila or BB comes in, that they would promote me over to those counters. but i dunno macy's deal with all of that. lol

Originally Posted by Liz thanks you guys! i'm hoping that if i work at a different counter for awhile and then stila or BB comes in, that they would promote me over to those counters. but i dunno macy's deal with all of that. lol Good luck Liz!!
I still say you've gotta apply for MAC. You have so much product knowledge already & you apply makeup so flawlessly on yourself. Go for it girl!!

Originally Posted by devinjhans yea, i've been trying to get on at Mac for a while but they have a hiring freeze b/c they relocated the New Orleans artists.
icon_sad.gif
Wow... they really moved all those artists into Houston? I know that the company lost about 6 stores and was wondering what MAC has done to take care of all those employees.
Keep trying for a position though Devin! It took me three tries to get hired. Persistence is key.
smile.gif

Liz, you are SO NOT a loser! That "right" job will come along, I just know!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LIZ YOUR DEF NOT A LOSER! MAYBE THEY WILL BE CALLING YOU SOON THEN YOU CAN POST A NEW THREAD ON HOW YOU GOT THE BEST JOB EVER!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

how exciting! good luck! i'm sure you'll do fine. it happens to everyone. barely anyone gets their first jobs on the first shot.

by the way, sorry to take over your thread, but char, did you ever get to that benefit interview?

Good Luck Liz! I hope you get a job with Macy's, even if it's not the counter you were hoping for, get the experience and then I am sure you can get hired with any of the other companies you want!

I was reading an article on monster.ca (a job search help site) and they said it's always a good idea to send a "thank you" card to whomever gives you an interview. It lets them know you are really interested and it also makes you stand out, not many people will go that extra step. Could be a good idea Liz. I think monster also has a .com site for Americans. Check out their advice. It could make you more memorable when she goes to hire.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh yeah Jen, I mentioned it a while ago that they didn't hire me. oh, sorry, i missed it and i kept meaning to ask you. sorry
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back