My meager stash.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to show you girls my small collection. Now this is a collection over the last 3 years, slowly one by one I occasionally buy something as I can afford it.

1641023999_65e83b2e6c.jpg

Top left are my nail polishes, mostly Revlon

Middle left are my lipsticks, bit of a variety of brands there but mostly Revlon, Maybaline I got from the supermarket and one Estee Lauder in its box.

Bottom left, 2 only lip pencils one being Mac (kept it in its box) and the other an el cheepo

Next to the the pencils are my 2 only lip glosses one a Mac Lipglass the other Estee Lauder. I did have some other cheap ones but after buying those I got rid of them (the cheep ones) as they did not compare

Bottom middile are my meager set of brushes. I know I really got to get me a better set.

Bottom Right are my mascara's, I seem to have lost one?? Grrr
smile.gif

Middle right are Eyes: Ranging from Revlon, Estee Lauder, 4 Mac Pigments (3 full size one sample) one Urban decay primer potion I bought when I read about it here in this forum, And a tray of Nutri Metics eye shadows. This tray used to belong to my ex Wife, she bought a consultant kit from them and she never sold anything and later on I found that tray in the house unused after she left me. So I now put it to good use. After seeing the lovely eyes on FOTD here I really want to get me some more eye colours.

Left of the Shadows are blushes, one Rimmel, one Revlon and there a Estee Lauder bronzer in the larger round compact.

Left of the Blushes are my Eye Pencils and one liquid eyeliner

Top Right are my foundations, now I rely on those pretty heavily as you can imagin (me being transgender) There are 2 pots of colortration foundation, I really need this to cover beard shadow and it does this well. The rest are Revlon colorstay and I use this in other areas including my shoulders as I suffer from bad acne on the shoulders. Theres a pressed powder compact of Maybellene (nearly finished)and a new unused compact of Revlon which I bought only last weekend.

I think I've talked you though the lot of them, sorry I did not mention the exact colours. I know my stash is tiny compared to most of you here and I am adding to it one by one as I can afford to buy it. I tend to buy a fair bit of clothes too so its a balancing thing depending on how I feel and my finances at the time. I go into the make up section of the department stores and I get a bit overwhelmed at the huge variety available, I dont know often what to get or where to start. I need help in this department. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks for reading.

I like it! You have all the staples and then some
smile.gif
The review center here helped me A LOT whenever I wanted to dive into department store makeup. I'd decide what product I wanted to try and then search for the top rates ones among that, its saved me a fair amount of money and trouble picking out the wrong thing

Thank you so much for commenting Jennifer, Adrianavanessa, Puncturedskirt, Phantomgoddess & Lummerz.

Michal, looking at your avatar, one things for sure, you don't need foundation as much as I do lol

Maysie, thanks so much for the suggestion, the review section is one area here I have not been yet, I shall check it out. Thanks

Nice stash!! If you are interested in some good brushes that are very affordable, try Essence of Beauty (available at CVS) or Sonia Kashuk (spelling?), available at Target.

Thanks Kaville, not sure what CVS is lol Im in Australia I don't recognise it. But I will check out Target next time I'm in there as I think brushes will be my next purchase. I know Im going to get a foundation brush for sure as I've been appling it with my fingers lol

Cool, I see you have The 'Just bitten' Lip stain. How do you like them? I cant decide what I think of mine yet.

Sarah, you are observant lol That is a fairly recent purchase and I have only worn it twice. Got to be careful in appling it as if you make a mistake you cant simply cant take it off too easily. Has a nice taste when putting it on. I do prefer a conventional lipstick on its own, where I found this product good is as a base as I applied a gloss over the top. When the gloss eventually wore off the colour of the stain was still there.

Thanks Kim for commenting.

Thanks pinklady.

Quick update, I was at the shops today and went into Target, although they have a huge selection of makeup their only brush set was no better than the set I already had. However they did sell the brushes individually so I got a foundation brush for about $8.00 it looks quite nice too.

Latest posts

Back