My new little Buddy :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I guess Janelle's Animal Rescue has once again opened its doors for business! LOL

Saturday morning, Me & Leo stop for some coffee & go to his shop like any other weekend... he goes in the back part (shop area) & I'm up front in the office when I hear a "HOLY #%#$" come from the back. Apparrenly he was startled by something... well, apparently something snuck in the garage door the night before and was sitting up on his toolbox & jumped at him when he went in the back... and being I'm a sucker for animals... especially babies... he's been fed, brushed, washed and is now in my parents bathroom quite cozy. :icon_love The 3 big boys aren't too keen on him yet - but I couldn't leave him out by the woods and dumpsters that he's been rummaging through and come to know as home in his short life. He cried a lot at first, but he's warming up to people now... he loves being pet and rubbed, and he loves getting brushed. LOL He even is litterbox trained, as we found out when he decided to pee on a pile of speedy-dry that Leo had on the floor to soak up some oil. LOL He's so tiny & adorable.. I'm in Love! Leo didn't want him at the shop, but I couldn't kick him out... he was liking having a home for a few days! Here he (or she - too young, can't tell yet) is!!! Awww ! Love em'! :icon_love

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, I guess Janelle's Animal Rescue has once again opened its doors for business! LOL Saturday morning, Me & Leo stop for some coffee & go to his shop like any other weekend... he goes in the back part (shop area) & I'm up front in the office when I hear a "HOLY #%#$" come from the back. Apparrenly he was startled by something... well, apparently something snuck in the garage door the night before and was sitting up on his toolbox & jumped at him when he went in the back... and being I'm a sucker for animals... especially babies... he's been fed, brushed, washed and is now in my parents bathroom quite cozy. :icon_love The 3 big boys aren't too keen on him yet - but I couldn't leave him out by the woods and dumpsters that he's been rummaging through and come to know as home in his short life. He cried a lot at first, but he's warming up to people now... he loves being pet and rubbed, and he loves getting brushed. LOL He even is litterbox trained, as we found out when he decided to pee on a pile of speedy-dry that Leo had on the floor to soak up some oil. LOL He's so tiny & adorable.. I'm in Love! Leo didn't want him at the shop, but I couldn't kick him out... he was liking having a home for a few days! Here he (or she - too young, can't tell yet) is!!! Awww ! Love em'! :icon_love

aaaaaaaaw how cute!! i wish i could have a kitty (my ma hates them) so i end up with other animals (ferrets, chinchillas, birds lol)

Originally Posted by Anya1976 aaaaaaaaw how cute!! i wish i could have a kitty (my ma hates them) so i end up with other animals (ferrets, chinchillas, birds lol) He's so tiny - I couldn't resist! :icon_love I usually see a lot of older stray cats, and although I feel bad... you really can't retrain them to be pets. They're too used to being wild. But this little guy seemed so helpless... and being he found his way to us, I didn't have the heart to turn him away!
icon_cry.gif
Plus when he rolls over for you to rub his belly - it's the cutest. :icon_love I hope my other cats learn to like him.
frown.gif

awwwwwwwwwwwwww... soooo cute! we have one kitten, or cat i should say now. we want another kitten, but a black one. so we're keeping an eye out and watching when they come in at the shelters since it's kitten season now. kittens always get picked up so fast.
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Liz awwwwwwwwwwwwww... soooo cute! we have one kitten, or cat i should say now. we want another kitten, but a black one. so we're keeping an eye out and watching when they come in at the shelters since it's kitten season now. kittens always get picked up so fast.
icon_evil.gif
I had a black one...
icon_cry.gif
he was the best. Also found him when he was a baby. I found all my cats. It's nice to know that I can try and give them a good life
smile.gif

they will, it'll take a little bit of time but they will get used to the idea of a new member of the family

Originally Posted by Liz awwwwwwwwwwwwww... soooo cute! we have one kitten, or cat i should say now. we want another kitten, but a black one. so we're keeping an eye out and watching when they come in at the shelters since it's kitten season now. kittens always get picked up so fast.
icon_evil.gif
Too bad you don't live near me.. my friend has stray kittens all over her yard that she feeds... they won't let you near them though. Half of them are all orange, and the others are all black. Which is funny, b/c the two cats I had - that I found in the woods near my house - one was all orange, the other was all black. Guess they're great grandkids of mine!!
smile.gif
That was like 11 years ago or so... and we've had to put both to sleep since.
frown.gif
(one had some inoperable tumor, black one got hit by a car and would need like $5k in surgery - plus he was 10 and there was no guarantee that he'd be ok again)
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 they will, it'll take a little bit of time but they will get used to the idea of a new member of the family I hope so. They seem to forget that they were all that size when I found them! LOL
wink.gif
They're tough guys now. lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I hope so. They seem to forget that they were all that size when I found them! LOL
wink.gif
They're tough guys now. lol yes they do tend to forget that lol

even though we want a new kitten, i'm worried that the two won't get along. my current cat can be a little witchy. lol.

Originally Posted by Liz even though we want a new kitten, i'm worried that the two won't get along. my current cat can be a little witchy. lol. I had my black one when I founf my current three. They all stayed together (found them all together) but the first cat eventually grew to love them. Plus he was a total mush... loved everyone. Miss him!
frown.gif

Yeah, he is cute, but we're not keeping him....we'll find him a place or bring him to the shelter, someone will scoop him/her up.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, I guess Janelle's Animal Rescue has once again opened its doors for business! LOL Saturday morning, Me & Leo stop for some coffee & go to his shop like any other weekend... he goes in the back part (shop area) & I'm up front in the office when I hear a "HOLY #%#$" come from the back. Apparrenly he was startled by something... well, apparently something snuck in the garage door the night before and was sitting up on his toolbox & jumped at him when he went in the back... and being I'm a sucker for animals... especially babies... he's been fed, brushed, washed and is now in my parents bathroom quite cozy. :icon_love The 3 big boys aren't too keen on him yet - but I couldn't leave him out by the woods and dumpsters that he's been rummaging through and come to know as home in his short life. He cried a lot at first, but he's warming up to people now... he loves being pet and rubbed, and he loves getting brushed. LOL He even is litterbox trained, as we found out when he decided to pee on a pile of speedy-dry that Leo had on the floor to soak up some oil. LOL He's so tiny & adorable.. I'm in Love! Leo didn't want him at the shop, but I couldn't kick him out... he was liking having a home for a few days! Here he (or she - too young, can't tell yet) is!!! Awww ! Love em'! :icon_love

Awww... I luv you guys... :icon_love I couldn't bear to bring it to a shelter... so sad. It's so loveable!
rolleyes.gif
Oh... and the pads of his feet are mostly black ... the front ones are black w/ a touch of pink.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Awww... I luv you guys... :icon_love I couldn't bear to bring it to a shelter... so sad. It's so loveable!
rolleyes.gif
Oh... and the pads of his feet are mostly black ... the front ones are black w/ a touch of pink.
icon_wink.gif

Soooooooo cute!!!! You better tell you mom what's up! LOLOLOL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 He's so tiny - I couldn't resist! :icon_love I usually see a lot of older stray cats, and although I feel bad... you really can't retrain them to be pets. They're too used to being wild. But this little guy seemed so helpless... and being he found his way to us, I didn't have the heart to turn him away!
icon_cry.gif
Plus when he rolls over for you to rub his belly - it's the cutest. :icon_love I hope my other cats learn to like him.
frown.gif
awww too cute,we went to north shore animal league and we saw these two kittens that were sisters and they were so adorable but my husband and I have allergies.I'm not that bad but when i turned to him as he was saying awww they are so cute ,i told him they are cute but your swollen bloodshot eyes aren't!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally If you want a cat/kitten but are prone to allergies ..look into Bengals. They are known to not cause allergies or as much allergic problems because of their fur is considered a pelt vs fur ..it's different. Plus they do not shed as much and don't have the dander that most cats do. Plus I think they are just neat looking to begin with ..I have 3 of them, well 1 isn't domestic. We had a little boy over a few years ago that had really BAD allergies to cats ..but didn't once break out with any problems while inside the house ..with the 3 cats! Thanks! My husband is such a softy for kitties,I have actually always had cats growing up,I just think i was lucky enough that my body just adjusted.Did you buy your cats or adopt?We cant find anywhere here in long island,NY to buy cats just adopt,but they never have a huge selection and very few kittens.

Aww....SO CUTE KITTY....I don't do have kitty but they are very cute...I end up with birds....Love birds...
icon_biggrin.gif

Aww it is a cutie! We love cats but our apartment doesn't allow them
frown.gif

Anyways, I would recommend keeping the cat for a while but putting an ad in the paper, so you know the kitty is well taken care of at your home rather than in the shelter until someone adopts it! I grew up on a farm, and several times we had friendly cats stray in (cats that must have previously had a home because they liked people, but they ran away or the people dumped them), or a cat has kittens then dies soon afterward. We always adopt the cats and kittens and keep them in our basement (away from our house cats!) and put ads in the paper and they're usually adopted pretty quickly! Of course we live in a rural area, so I'm not sure how quickly they'd be adopted in a city...

...And then there was the one stray cat that was only about 8 months old that jumped from the top of a stack of hay bales and hung by her claws on my dad's back! (Luckily he was wearing a heavy coat!) The kitty was so sweet and followed us everywhere, that we ended up keeping her even though Mom didn't want a second cat! (Plus we knew our dogs would kill her if she followed us back to the house and into a dog yard; our dogs did that with another friendly barn cat that tried to come up to the house in the middle of the night
frown.gif
But you can't blame the dogs, they're just guarding their territory....)

Random thoughts in reply to other posts .... first of all, I thought it was only Calico cats that were almost all females, I didn't know that applied to tabbies, but maybe if the tabby still has the orange, black, and white Calico colors it does .... And in regards to cat allergies, I saw on a TV show about pets that people who are allergic to cats or dogs are actually allergic to the oils secreted by the animal's skin, not the hair. (And the oils can dry and fly through the air like dandruff.) Of course different breeds might secrete different oils so maybe you'd still have a little better chance with a different breed
smile.gif

Another trick to see the sex of the cat, we've done this with kittens that it's kind of hard to tell: if it pees straight down into a little spot, it's a girl; if it kinda sprays or doesn't pee straight down it's a boy! Boys are always messier
wink.gif

Janelle, I agree with Kim. I could tell what they were when they were born!!! What can I say, I grew up with tons of them and they always had the kittens in our shed... Let you bf hold her good and take a close up picture of the sex area and post it we'll tell you
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I also agree on that it should be a female from the coloration!!! We can donate money for you to take care of her.. really I mean that. Please please please don't let her go!!! I wish I were near and I would take here. She looks sooo sweet. :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love

Latest posts

Back