My new makeup case (Ok, it's a tackle box...)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really good idea, not messy at all, in fact it looks quite organised - love how you organised the pigments!

Cool idea! i see u have the elf brightening stick. Is it easy ordering from the website? Extra charges,things, missing, or broken? or any other problems? Sorry to be asking sooo many questions, but i was thinking of ordering from them. I read some reviews, both good and negative on their shipping, things missing from their orders, and makeup being broken. So, any feedback would help! Thanks, and i see u have the clean and clear moisturizer. Me too! how do u like the way it smells? Sometimes i think it smells like fish! LOL! if that makes any sense.

It's great that you got it to work. I tried using a much smaller tacklebox, but it didn't quite work for me since I couldn't fit many blush compacts and some eyeshadows.

Originally Posted by chantelle8686 /img/forum/go_quote.gif wholey crap....i think my gut got nervous seeing that!!! I love it and im gonna go searching for it now lol
Crap i just found it lol.....Got'ya Tackle $107 Aus.....hmmmmmm but i soooo want this lol

Wow, that is probably twice what I paid (I think that is around $70 in US Dollars).
To be honest, I haven't even been using mine lately. We go camping and travel a lot in the summers and it was too big and too heavy to lug around in the camper. I had one of those hanging toiletries/cosmetic bags with 4 compartments that I just filled with the makeup that I was using the most. I then got into the habit of just using it and I haven't gone back to the tackle box yet. However, I am now running out of room in the hanging bag. It is also frustrating looking for a certain color or a certain tiny brush. The tackle box definately kept me more organized and I would like to get back to that.

I think that I would just go to a store (discount store comparable to Wal-Mart, etc. in the US) or a sporting goods store and look at the selection. You might also check out the crafts department. I couldn't find one in crafts that fit the items that I had, but perhaps your needs are different.

Oooh that's cute!

Question: I noticed that you had a lot of eyeshadow containers of the same size, which is so much more organized than my stuff...did you just happen to buy a ton of the same brand or do you repack all of your shadow into clear containers? If so, how do you do that? And where did you buy your containers from?

thanx hun for the advice...i have had more of a look around and amazon sells them for about 60 bucks..but shipping is quiet pricey lol....may as well pay full price with free shipping lol...

Im just looking for something just to carry everything in when i do freelance work thats all...ill have more of a look around in craft stores for smaller containers that i can put into like a sports bag or something like that....till i know exactlly wat im looking for lol.....i love those containers in that tackle box tho...

Thanks everyone. I mostly use mineral makeup, so my eyeshadows come loose. I normally just buy samples, since they last a long time anyway. I then pour them into the small containers. There are several places to get the containers... My smaller ones are 5g, then I also have some 10g 20g and 30g. The last few times I purchased them on ebay. You can search for 'sifter jars' or '5g jar' or '5g pot' or '5 jar' or '5 pot' etc. and get an idea of what is out there.

Back