My Oily/ Dry Skin is Freaking Out and I Have 2 Weeks to Make it Behave- HELP!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
185
Reaction score
3
So my skin has always been pretty regular combo skin that wasn't super aggravated by anything.

Over the past few months leading up to my wedding, I've been trying to fine tune my skincare routine- Mostly gentle products, and only changing one thing up at a time.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been trying to find a foundation for the wedding, so I've been trying quite a few out. In the process, I've noticed that with the liquid foundation applied, I have peeling skin like on my cheeks near my nose. I've also developed a stinging in my cheeks when I apply products. I'm not sure if this is something that has always kind of just been there, or if I've caused it by applying/ removing more face makeup than usual.

What do I do?? My wedding is in two weeks and I need to get rid of the flakiness at the very least. I've tried exfoliating every two or three days (St. Ives Apricot Scrub) but still have flakiness and moisturizing the heck out of the problem area with Dermadoctor's Cool Calm & Corrected isn't seeming to make too much of a difference, either.

Help!

 
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
2
sprite9084 go see your doctor or dermatoligist.they may be able to prescribe you with a certain cream that will make your skin behave.
 

 
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
I've had this happen to me. Not from makeup, but my usually oily skin became flakey and very sensitive when I used benzoyl peroxide to clear up some pimples. First of all, stop exfoliating. Chances are this is aggravating your skin more. Also, lay off the liquid foundations and powders too. These will just emphasize the flakiness. If you are having a chronic bout of dry skin, a regular moisturizer is not going to cut it. But, this does not mean you have to schedule and spend the money on a dermatologist visit. I picked up Avenno active naturals eczema therapy cream. Though you may not have eczema this is a heavy moisturizer made for severely dry skin. This is one of the only things I could put on my skin without it burning and it helped within two days. Try it out!

Hope this helps.

 
Joined
Apr 18, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
1
My skin just recently freaked out for no reason.  I think it was just hormones/stress, but I did try out a new shampoo and thought that could be the cause. Anyway, I've been checking Groupon every day for an offer on a facial.  Getting a facial always does wonders for my skin, and I can justify getting them frequently when I'm paying 50% off.  

 
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
185
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by narwhal4life /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had this happen to me. Not from makeup, but my usually oily skin became flakey and very sensitive when I used benzoyl peroxide to clear up some pimples. First of all, stop exfoliating. Chances are this is aggravating your skin more. Also, lay off the liquid foundations and powders too. These will just emphasize the flakiness. If you are having a chronic bout of dry skin, a regular moisturizer is not going to cut it. But, this does not mean you have to schedule and spend the money on a dermatologist visit. I picked up Avenno active naturals eczema therapy cream. Though you may not have eczema this is a heavy moisturizer made for severely dry skin. This is one of the only things I could put on my skin without it burning and it helped within two days. Try it out!

Hope this helps.
I quit exfoliating when I figured out it wasn't getting me anywhere, and have landed on a foundation (which I hardly ever wear to begin with) so I'm not applying/ washing my face like I was.

I'll for sure check out the Avenno- I feel like between overwashing for about a week, using a new toner that was bad for me, dry Colorado air, and wedding stress that I just need to find a really heavy duty moisturizer to get me back on the right track. Thanks for the recommendation!

Originally Posted by lindsaykeke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My skin just recently freaked out for no reason.  I think it was just hormones/stress, but I did try out a new shampoo and thought that could be the cause. Anyway, I've been checking Groupon every day for an offer on a facial.  Getting a facial always does wonders for my skin, and I can justify getting them frequently when I'm paying 50% off.  
Dood, I'm willing to pay full price for one at the point, if it will help clear up this mess- Is two weeks long enough for my skin to recover from one?

 
Joined
Apr 18, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif


Dood, I'm willing to pay full price for one at the point, if it will help clear up this mess- Is two weeks long enough for my skin to recover from one?
They always say your skin may breakout after the facial, but I've never had that happen as I do not have acne-prone skin.  My main skin concern is that I have sensitive skin, and my face is always red and irritated.  Afterward, my skin tone is so even and calm. That's just my experience though, and plenty of people get blemishes following facials.  A qualified esthetician should be able to answer any questions you have and customize the facial based on your needs.  

 

Latest posts

Top