My Shade of Brown - December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quene8106

bonita applebum.
Reaction score
"A great place to live for all of our citizens".
Here's the December 2012 MSB Box:

Here's a list of the products:

- Black Opal Pre-Fade Gentle Cleanser, Daily Fade Creme SPF 15 Sensitive Skin Formula and Fade Gel Sensitive Skin Formula

- Hair Rules - Blow Out Your Curls

- Lisi Cosmetics - Nail Polish (I got "Scene of the Crime)

- Nobi Cosmetics Nail Polish

- Carol's Daughter Hair Milk - Bonus

What do you think about this month's box? 

How much is this subscription?  I like the concept but just looking at the picture it doesn't seem like a lot.  I wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks monthly.

Originally Posted by StuffedMailbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for letting me know.  I may try it for $5
Cool! The company tends to reach out to a lot of small businesses & companies that put a lot of natural/organic ingredients in their boxes, especially since they're a small business too.  I'm not sure how many boxes they mail out a month, but I think it may be around 1,000 vs. birchbox and ipsy sending out maybe 10,000 boxes (just guessing).

This month seemed like a good deal to me because I got two full-sized nail polishes and a deluxe sized hair milk from Carol's Daughter.  My only concern is that they tend to stick with the same brands every month.  I restarted my sub again in October and I've seen hair rules in  there every month since I started over.  

I really wanted to stick this subscritption through but the last couple of months have been repetitive, I've received several repeats from them. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the future.

Originally Posted by Lita580 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really wanted to stick this subscritption through but the last couple of months have been repetitive, I've received several repeats from them. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the future.
yeah i agree. i canceled in june and came back in october. since then, i've had hair rules in every box since then & black opal in november and this month. i was really excited to try lisi cosmetics this month though. i heard good things about this brand and their products have good quality for dirt cheap.

Latest posts

Back