My Shade of Brown - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quene8106

bonita applebum.
Reaction score
"A great place to live for all of our citizens".
So I just got my My Shade of Brown box for June 2012 and this is what I received.  I'm not sure if anyone on mut is a member like me.  They do send out a variety of makeup, hair and skincare products for $10 a month. They also have a point system that is very similar to birchbox and you can leave feedback on their products.  I have yet to receive a perfume sample from them and I've been a member since their second month in service (TAKE THAT BIRCHBOX! 
moa.gif
)

Samples include:

- compact mirror (worth $5)

- lip brushes with lipstick by komplexx blends 

- nourishea mango conditioner (i got their tea tree shampoo and mango body wash last month...good stuff)

- dead sea secrets facial mud mask

i forgot to take the pic of the info card but they include one in every box.

So those lipsticks are in a pot? Is it an indie brand? Packaging a lippie in a pot is always a bit of a questionable choice for me because of how inconvenient they are to apply. Even a lipbalm tube is better.

Originally Posted by Turboweevel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So those lipsticks are in a pot? Is it an indie brand? Packaging a lippie in a pot is always a bit of a questionable choice for me because of how inconvenient they are to apply. Even a lipbalm tube is better.
Yeah. That was the only thing that I didn't like about this box.  I used the lipstick brush they gave me but the lipstick kept moving around in it.  I doubt that I will try it.  I have yet to hear of any of the brands that MSB offers but most of them are up and coming businesses.

It doesn't seem like a bad box...just kind of boring to me. I don't like how the lipsticks are in a jar, or the mirror. Maybe other months are better?

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow. that sucks.  contact them on their facebook account.  the founder is on there daily.  did you get the same stuff as i did? i think that all of the boxes are the same from month to month
I guess I did need a refresher on what I received. I also got a Polish & Co nail polish and Pooka Pure and Simple Hair Butter.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't seem like a bad box...just kind of boring to me. I don't like how the lipsticks are in a jar, or the mirror. Maybe other months are better?
Yeah. It's an okay box.  Not crappy but not awesome.  I still like them though.  Their original box was awesome but I missed out on it b/c it was their debut box and it was sent out to 200 people only.  In previous boxes they gave out lip glosses, foundation samples, body washes, shampoo, conditioner, and full sized nail polishes.  I don't see myself upgrading to a yearly but at the same time I don't see myself canceling either.

Originally Posted by livelifeeasy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I did need a refresher on what I received. I also got a Polish & Co nail polish and Pooka Pure and Simple Hair Butter.
Oh I got the polish in April.  i got a red color and I didn't like the smell of a hair butter they sent.  One of them smelled really minty or somthing.  I really wanted that Big Girl cosmetics lipgloss that was originally in their debut pillow box.

Yeah, I think I'm going to give it a go for the $5 buck promotion and see what I get. I think it might be a tough sale for the $10 if it's crappy. I do love to support a BO business though.

Originally Posted by luckylilme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I think I'm going to give it a go for the $5 buck promotion and see what I get. I think it might be a tough sale for the $10 if it's crappy. I do love to support a BO business though.
Yeah I agree with you.  Since it's a BO i try to support as many as possible and I noticed that all of their vendors that they get samples from are BOs too. 

LOL! I can see myself now thinking the box is crappy but vexed about wanting to cancel it. If it's bad I can think of it as charity lmao!

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait is there a code to get it for $5?
I think it's automatic when you sign up. It has it right on the website with no code. I will go ahead a sign up today and report back if I need a code.

I was signed up with them but recently canceled so June box was my last. They introduced me to the Black Soap Shampoo which I'm in love with like and purchased a full bottle from their site. I think it's a fun subscription, I just have too many now and trying to limit them and I mostly get excited about makeup products than hair and skincare products since I'm pretty loyal to the ones I am familiar with and used to. But I would recommend MSB.

Latest posts

Back