My Shade of Brown - New Beauty Box Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks great. As a Latina, things tend to be too light for me. I could see myself using all the things in the kit. If I join, I will use the link. Thanks for sharing this box with us.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that stuff looks pretty cool! Is it weird that I would want to try some of those things? lol

Nope not weird at all and with proper blending you could probably use everything in that kit.

Nope not weird at all and with proper blending you could probably use everything in that kit.
I am planning on tanning up a bit for the summer and people (for some unknown reason) ask me if I'm European or Hispanic during the summer so maybe? I think I may give it a shot next month when I actually acquire some more cash-monies. And maybe I'll get a gift kit for my Guatemalan friend in AK. She's always so freaking tan it's hard for her to find the right products.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am planning on tanning up a bit for the summer and people (for some unknown reason) ask me if I'm European or Hispanic during the summer so maybe? I think I may give it a shot next month when I actually acquire some more cash-monies.

And maybe I'll get a gift kit for my Guatemalan friend in AK. She's always so freaking tan it's hard for her to find the right products.
She would love it! Way back in the day before MAC and Bobbi Brown, when I was in high school, I am 42, I had to go to the Fashion Faire counter for my makeup because back then they did not really make things for tanned skin. FF was a line made for women of color. Thank GOd we have choices now!

Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This looks great. As a Latina, things tend to be too light for me. I could see myself using all the things in the kit. If I join, I will use the link. Thanks for sharing this box with us.

Yay! You're welcome.  I can't wait for my April box to ship.  It will be my first box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She would love it! Way back in the day before MAC and Bobbi Brown, when I was in high school, I am 42, I had to go to the Fashion Faire counter for my makeup because back then they did not really make things for tanned skin. FF was a line made for women of color. Thank GOd we have choices now!

My mom is Native American and she would always go to the Fashion Fair counter.  Anytime I see makeup for women of color, I get kinda frustrated because I'm very light skinned and their lightest shade is too dark for me.  I can't use Black Opal or Black Radiance foundation and I barely made the cut at Fashion Fair lol

Latest posts

Back