My Shus arrived

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got my Shu shadows in the post today and they are amazing. The quality is fantastic and they blend really well, I did an EOTD look with them and a MAC shadow and they were so much better than the MAC shadow. the texture is fantastic and the colours are amazing.

The shadow on the left is ME Blue 638 - it's a metallic blue (a tiny bit greeny) and it looks a bit duo-chromatic, the colour changes depneding on what angle you look at it, a bit like a fish scale or an oil slick.

The shadow on the right is P Turquoise 555 - I like this one too, it looks a bit matt but has a little bit of shimmer in it. It goes on really nicely and blended well.

For the eye look I used P Turquoise 555 on the inner lid, MAC Brill to highlight and ME Blue 638 on the outer lids crease and to line the lower lids. Oh and I used Stila Major lash mascara.

Sorry about the blurry pictures, my nerve problem means that I shake whenever I have to take pictures.

Cool little haul!

They look like really pretty colours, and they look fab on!

Originally Posted by Trisha looking good Lea! Glad you love them! i have both of those and they are gorgeous!! im sure you'll want more Shu e/s! I was looking in your notepad and thinking that ME Blue 638 looked a little bit like MAC Parrot. Maybe it could be an alternative for all of those who couldn't get it.
I'll definitely be needing more shu e/s, look out London!

Lea, they look very pretty! I have to put a purchase for Shu shadows :icon_love

Originally Posted by Lealabell I was looking in your notepad and thinking that ME Blue 638 looked a little bit like MAC Parrot. Maybe it could be an alternative for all of those who couldn't get it.
I'll definitely be needing more shu e/s, look out London!

The shadows look great, Lea. I've never had a Shu product coz they're hard to find here in Canada, but I think I'll start searching Ebay for them. Great EOTD too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer wow, i love it! the colors look so vibrant. They are amazing! I've bought colours similar to that from other brands before and had to work really hard to get any vibrancy. The shu e/s seem to blend really well and can be applied lightly or intensly depending upon the brush you use and how much you load it with. I'm definitly going to be getting more!

Originally Posted by Trisha i agree with that statement Lea, on my they do actually crease a bit quicker than other brands but im willing to put up with that for the colour payoff x They're okay on me, but maybe that's because my skin's drier than yours.
I've been v.bad today. As a treat because my pupils did well in their exams (and to cheer me up because I found out one of them died) I bought 4 new brushes on ebay (and a set of Shu curlers for my wee sister).

I'll post pics when they get here.

Originally Posted by Lealabell They're okay on me, but maybe that's because my skin's drier than yours.
I've been v.bad today. As a treat because my pupils did well in their exams (and to cheer me up because I found out one of them died) I bought 4 new brushes on ebay (and a set of Shu curlers for my wee sister).

I'll post pics when they get here.

One of them died Lea? That's so sad.. was the student ill or were they in an accident?

Originally Posted by Laura One of them died Lea? That's so sad.. was the student ill or were they in an accident? He had a brain haemorrage so it was all very sudden, he was only 12.

Originally Posted by Trisha OMG thats so sad, im sorry Lea xx
Which brushes did you get?

On the plus side load of my year 10 girls (15 year olds) got Bs in thier GCSE (like a high school diploma).
On the brush front I've ordered the NARS smudger and Trish McEvoy brushes #6, #45 (so my Stila #9 can go back to being a blender) and #2b. I figured #5 can wait because i already have 2 powder brushes and no loose powder!

Originally Posted by Trisha cool good choices! you can always get the #5 when youve got your loose powder! you know how i love my Becca loose powder! That's what I'm planning on getting from London, provided we don't go to Shu first
smile.gif

Trisha, did you find a loose powder better than Chantecaille? I missed so many posts since I left for vacation
icon_sad.gif
So how do you like it? Please do tell
biggrin.gif
xx

Originally Posted by Trisha cool good choices! you can always get the #5 when youve got your loose powder! you know how i love my Becca loose powder!

Definitely I will
icon_smile.gif
Thanks luv xx

Originally Posted by Trisha i forgot you wanted to know!
i love the Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder, HG for me

Sets MU perfectly

Doesnt look like powder on my skin

Keeps my MU on longer

controls oil well (and im VERY oily)

Try it xxx

Sorry to hear about your student, Lea
frown.gif
On the plus side though, nice haul!! I only have one Shu e/s which is ME Silver 945, but I want ME Green 555 too and maybe a few more!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I only have one Shu e/s which is ME Silver 945, but I want ME Green 555 too and maybe a few more! ME Silver 945 and ME Green 555 are both on my want list. I think I want to try and get all of the ME shadows because the texture is fantastic.

I have ME Silver 945 and ME Purple 780. I couldn't help myself and placed an order yesterday for 5 e/s. I got a notice today on backorder for 2 of them
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell ME Silver 945 and ME Green 555 are both on my want list. I think I want to try and get all of the ME shadows because the texture is fantastic.

Latest posts

Back