My sister

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I'm sitting here on the computer browsing and I hear my phone go off with the text message ringtone. NOONE ever sends me text messages.

I go to my phone and see that my sister, who I haven't talked to in a month and a half has sent me a message.

She is in the ER and they think she has a bad heart. She has had an ongoing problem with her chest hurting for about a year but the last doctor told her that she had pleurisy. But after treating it, it did not go away.

So I am sitting here in shock. I still have feelings of anger, but this is my sister and I don't even know how to reply.

Wow...you should do what's in your heart. If you aren't ready, don't force yourself. Hope everything works out sweets and hope you sister is okay.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow...you should do what's in your heart. If you aren't ready, don't force yourself. Hope everything works out sweets and hope you sister is okay. Ditto! If you're concerned, but not ready to talk to her yet, then call someone else in the family who can clue you in on your sister's status. You can even relay a message to your sister through the person if you really wanted/needed to.

Thanks ladies so much for your support. It is so greatly appreciated.

I don't even know what to do or think right now.

i have to agree with the other girls!! maybe this is also her way of sayin i need u now more then ever.

but do what u feel is best!! good luck hun

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow...you should do what's in your heart. If you aren't ready, don't force yourself. Hope everything works out sweets and hope you sister is okay. ditto
plese update us

Great advice already and I agree with it all. You have to go with your gut.

Hope she's going to be ok!!!! I know what your feeling, my wife has a heart condition and were in and out of the ER....

Karren

Kristie, I'm sorry to hear your sister isn't well. I agree with the others, follow your heart. If your uncomfortable at the moment, maybe ask another family member to update you or you could send her a card. I hope she feels better soon. Please keep us updated.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow...you should do what's in your heart. If you aren't ready, don't force yourself. Hope everything works out sweets and hope you sister is okay. 'Manda said it right! The worst thing you could do is fake your feelings. If you can honestly say that you can talk with her tete-a-tete with sincere and open expression without regret, then do it. If your heart tells you it's not the right time, then she will have to wait a bit. Personally, I think her TXT message may be one of franticness, especially because she knows her health is in trouble. It may be a knee-jerk reaction, or maybe she's had an epiphany.
I hope your sister is okay, and I wish the best for things to turn out between you two.

She's actually being very nice in her text messages, which she has always been super nice to me except for when she stabbed me in the back and posted such nasty things about me. So, I don't know. I love her but I really do think she needs to apologize to me. She's not even acting like anything ever happened though. I don't think right now is the time to bring it up and get into another fight with her however.

She said that the EKG came out really badly and that the doctor told her he suspects a bad heart condition, but she couldn't remember what he called it. They are running a massive amount of blood tests and she is awaiting the results right now.

I told her I hope she's ok and that I was going to bed.

I'm being somewhat cold but showing concern at the same time.

good for you - I have to say, I know this will sound negative but some people will use an event like this to get out of appologising for something they know they were in the wrong about.

I think you sould do what the other girls suggested - go with what is in your heart. On the one hand, you dont want her to think she can behave that way and treat you like that, but on the other hand, you dont want to regret the way you acted later on

best of luck chicken. I think you're doing the right thing! keep us updated and I'm sorry to hear she's not well

My anger has gone away. My sister is in very serious condition. She has an enlarged heart with fluid around it. The doctor was in shock over her EKG. She has to take it very easy and is on high blood pressure meds and Vicodin.

She is going in for more extensive testing tomorrow. I am so scared and upset.

She is only 25 years old.

Ah man,that sucks! I am so sorry to hear that.I hope she can be helped hun.
huggies.gif

great advice, ladies. kristie, sometimes it not even about the words, but just being there for her will mean so much. big hugs to you and your sister. i'm praying that everything will be fine.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow...you should do what's in your heart. If you aren't ready, don't force yourself. Hope everything works out sweets and hope you sister is okay. Good advice!

Latest posts

Back