My Store

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know a few people asked, so I put my Ebay store in my signature. I do not sell much stuff on Ebay. If you ever need to find something at a good price, I will most certainly help you out. I will say though, that I am running a buy 3 get one free sale in my Ebay store and will be receiving a shipment of Lancome, Clinique, and Estee Lauder this week and one of Laura Mercier, Lancome, and La Mer next week... so if you're interested stop by. I'll post my website when I get that finished too.. once I get that finished, I'll be selling nearly all of my inventory on the internet, where as now I sell about 10% on Ebay.

May I ask - how did you get started with wholesale cosmetics, or wholesale anything, for that matter? I've been considering trying, but I don't know where to begin.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict I know a few people asked, so I put my Ebay store in my signature. I do not sell much stuff on Ebay. If you ever need to find something at a good price, I will most certainly help you out.
I will say though, that I am running a buy 3 get one free sale in my Ebay store and will be receiving a shipment of Lancome, Clinique, and Estee Lauder this week and one of Laura Mercier, Lancome, and La Mer next week... so if you're interested stop by.

I'll post my website when I get that finished too.. once I get that finished, I'll be selling nearly all of my inventory on the internet, where as now I sell about 10% on Ebay.

I'll be checking it out! Thanks!
128banner2.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea May I ask - how did you get started with wholesale cosmetics, or wholesale anything, for that matter? I've been considering trying, but I don't know where to begin. Well, to be honest, one day I purchased this huge lot of MAC cosmetics from a girl on Ebay and when I got them, realized I would never wear half of them.. so I sold them. I did that with a few other Ebay lots, then realized that you can't really make much money doing that, so I went out to find suppliers... and it all stemmed from there.

Julia,

You can find wholesale lots by typing in that phrase on a web engine, or you can buy them on Ebay. Tons of stores, like Robinson's May, Sax, Banana Republic, etc etc have lots for sale due to any MINOR damage in the shipment process. It might be that just one shirt got water on it and they sell the whole lot for 50% off... you get the picture. New York is an especially handy place to get these lots.

Also check out trade magazines!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Julia,You can find wholesale lots by typing in that phrase on a web engine, or you can buy them on Ebay. Tons of stores, like Robinson's May, Sax, Banana Republic, etc etc have lots for sale due to any MINOR damage in the shipment process. It might be that just one shirt got water on it and they sell the whole lot for 50% off... you get the picture. New York is an especially handy place to get these lots.

Also check out trade magazines!
smile.gif

Also, just a word to the wise... if you want to go into a wholesale business... be very VERY careful. People are out to rip you off... and most of the time, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. If you want to start reselling lots, I suggest you get them on Ebay... since you are still protected. While I've never been screwed over personally, most of the people I talk to in my wholesaler's circle have been.
Also, know what you are talking about. There is no wholesale Vuitton bag.. there are FAKE wholesale Vuitton bags.... Seven For All Mankind jeans are another huge fake that people pay a lot of money for...

Finally, depending upon what type of business you are considering, I may have some sources for you, if you'd like to contact me by email. I'm not trying to scare you out of it... it's a great deal of fun... but since it's not a face-to-face business, it's easier to get taken for a ride.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict Well, to be honest, one day I purchased this huge lot of MAC cosmetics from a girl on Ebay and when I got them, realized I would never wear half of them.. so I sold them. I did that with a few other Ebay lots, then realized that you can't really make much money doing that, so I went out to find suppliers... and it all stemmed from there. I have one thing to say about your post, Gloss, and that's this:
321banner3.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian I have one thing to say about your post, Gloss, and that's this:
321banner3.jpg

I find it a little odd that you seem to like me... that doesn't happen very often... not usually welcomed in the clubs.... which is OK... I just come off as a brat, which I'm really not.... ha ha... sorry, I'm just amazed.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict I find it a little odd that you seem to like me... that doesn't happen very often... not usually welcomed in the clubs.... which is OK... I just come off as a brat, which I'm really not.... ha ha... sorry, I'm just amazed. How funny! Pardon me, but What's not to like??? (don't answer that!) All that we've seen of you are these qualities:- funny

- independent with own set of values

- self-starter

- giving

- helpful

- honest

If you want to help us dislike you , you're going to have to try harder. Sorry. LOL.

I'm personally not into excluding people unless they piss me off by being rude or unnecessarily unkind. I don't think any of us come here with the intent of exclusion; it's just the opposite! We've already got one war going on in Iraq!

Let's face it, we can all be brats at one time or another. What's cool about that is that you can tell, by character, that it is situationally based and not a measure of overall personality. Don't forget .... there is "good brat" and "bad brat" too. "Good brat" is totally delightful to me.

"Bad brat" is usually based on personal issues and triggers. We've all got em. We're happy to have you here!! And believe it or not, OMG... we like you! YeaH!!! clap clap clap!

Originally Posted by Californian How funny! Pardon me, but What's not to like??? (don't answer that!) All that we've seen of you are these qualities:- funny

- independent with own set of values

- self-starter

- giving

- helpful

- honest

If you want to help us dislike you , you're going to have to try harder. Sorry. LOL.

I'm personally not into excluding people unless they piss me off by being rude or unnecessarily unkind. I don't think any of us come here with the intent of exclusion; it's just the opposite! We've already got one war going on in Iraq!

Let's face it, we can all be brats at one time or another. What's cool about that is that you can tell, by character, that it is situationally based and not a measure of overall personality. Don't forget .... there is "good brat" and "bad brat" too. "Good brat" is totally delightful to me.

"Bad brat" is usually based on personal issues and triggers. We've all got em. We're happy to have you here!! And believe it or not, OMG... we like you! YeaH!!! clap clap clap!

Ha ha... sorry... I just usually tick people off quickly. Plus, my anti-social nature means I lack any social graces. Just glad to find a welcoming place.

I would love to talk with you more about some sources for getting started possibly in wholesale cosmetics and such! I think you've got my email address from my PM a little while ago, but if not, you can email me from here.
smile.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GlossAddict Also, just a word to the wise... if you want to go into a wholesale business... be very VERY careful. People are out to rip you off... and most of the time, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. If you want to start reselling lots, I suggest you get them on Ebay... since you are still protected. While I've never been screwed over personally, most of the people I talk to in my wholesaler's circle have been.
Also, know what you are talking about. There is no wholesale Vuitton bag.. there are FAKE wholesale Vuitton bags.... Seven For All Mankind jeans are another huge fake that people pay a lot of money for...

Finally, depending upon what type of business you are considering, I may have some sources for you, if you'd like to contact me by email. I'm not trying to scare you out of it... it's a great deal of fun... but since it's not a face-to-face business, it's easier to get taken for a ride.

Aha! You're not usually welcomed in clubs? Wow - you don't seem very bratty to me, no more than my own brattiness (though, ask my husband, I can be a brat! lol). I'm usually pretty discerning about people I meet, even online (I met my hubby online), and you seem like a nice person!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GlossAddict I find it a little odd that you seem to like me... that doesn't happen very often... not usually welcomed in the clubs.... which is OK... I just come off as a brat, which I'm really not.... ha ha... sorry, I'm just amazed.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Aha! You're not usually welcomed in clubs? Wow - you don't seem very bratty to me, no more than my own brattiness (though, ask my husband, I can be a brat! lol). I'm usually pretty discerning about people I meet, even online (I met my hubby online), and you seem like a nice person!
smile.gif
You met your husband online? Like in a chatroom or through one of those internet dating things? Just curious... not in the market for a man, just hearing a lot about people finding someone that way.

I think we're going to get along great, Gloss! I'm not exactly anti-social, but I am a bit of a loner. I work from home, and I like it. I don't really need too many friends - have plenty of acquaintances, but my very best friends live several hours away from me, which is definitely better than when they were out of state (my college friend just moved to San Antonio a few months ago, from California. We met in Tennessee!).

I love just being home with my husband and our cat, for the most part. Once in a while we'll go out with some couples that my husband knew prior to our marriage, and I'll have a seasonal coffee get-together with the girls, but I just am not too social. I prefer one-on-one visits, rather than large groups. I like to give my full attention to one person, maybe 2 people, but have difficulties when I'm in a large group. I don't quite know whether to help serve others, or sit bored. LOL

You're not along, and I can tell we're going to get along lovely! Have a fantastic weekend!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GlossAddict Ha ha... sorry... I just usually tick people off quickly. Plus, my anti-social nature means I lack any social graces. Just glad to find a welcoming place.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict You met your husband online? Like in a chatroom or through one of those internet dating things? Just curious... not in the market for a man, just hearing a lot about people finding someone that way. Yeah. give us the details Kage_sCup!!! That's interesting to me! How did you meet and how did it come to this???

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Yes ma'am...and I wasn't even shopping for him! LOL We'd both basically given up on "looking" for that someone - and just when we stopped looking, there we were for each other.
Actually, we were both moderators for a chatroom, and were "friends" (more like casual acquaintances) for close to 3 years. I had lost touch with him after quitting the chatroom do to concentrating on my senior year of college. Plus, I got tired of guys trying to flirt, and I wanted a *real* offline relationship. Then one day in April 2002, he IMed me on Yahoo messenger. He'd been chatting with a mutual friend of ours, who had given him my screenname. From that moment on, we were inseparable, so to speak - at least for the whole summer. (He was in Texas and I was in Florida.) We chatted every day, and grew closer. Turns out we both had crushes on each other for quite a while, but didn't think to act on them.

So, here's the timeline:

~We got back in touch in April 2002

~Chatted, phoned, and emailed the whole summer

~Met in person (at a chatter get-together in Dallas; we were a close-knit group) in the first week of August 2002

~He flew out to meet my parents and proposed at the end of August 2002, Labor Day weekend

~My parents and I spent Thanksgiving 2002 with his family

~I graduated from college December 2002

~We got married in January 2003

Whew! That's the long-story-short! And he is absolutely my very best friend, and we've been through so much together. I cannot imagine going through those things with anyone else - it's truly like we were made for each other. (Chime the "Awww's" - LOL)

Because we had been chat friends, we had established a decent friendship, and never sought romance, like on a singles site. (My friends and I tried those for fun in college - it just didn't work for us.)

Whew...I had found a thread here once where I planned to put our whole story. I hated typing it all so fast right now, but I'm off to bed shortly, and I knew I wouldn't have time this weekend to tell it.

And now, I do believe my pillow is calling me.
smile.gif

This story is amazing to me. It was like it was meant to be! Thanks for typing it out. I'll share mine with you next!Loved reading this. ty.

Califoryan

Yay - more stories! Can't wait to read it when you have time! Plus, I added a few details about the time line to my post, so you might want to re-read it sometime.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian This story is amazing to me. It was like it was meant to be! Thanks for typing it out. I'll share mine with you next!Loved reading this. ty.

Califoryan

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Yay - more stories! Can't wait to read it when you have time! Plus, I added a few details about the time line to my post, so you might want to re-read it sometime.
smile.gif
Ok, we should start a new "SO" thread. Those kind of stories always interest me. They are always unique! I enjoy them a lot.Ry

Sounds good. We could copy or move these over there, after Gloss catches up (or direct her there). I've really got to get to bed though, so maybe we can do that tomorrow. LOL

I did see a thread some time ago about meeting online, or something. I think it was in the polls. Waaaay back. LOL

Night!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Ok, we should start a new "SO" thread. Those kind of stories always interest me. They are always unique! I enjoy them a lot.Ry

Latest posts

Back