My Sweet HAUL @ Mac!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Omg I spent so much $$ today at Mac.

I bought:

Fluid Line BlackTrack

Fluid Line Macroviolet

3 Green eye shadows and a highlight:

Swimming, Juxt, Humid and Oceanique -- was going to get GreenSmoke but I got Humid instead.

Foundation Brush 190

Powder Brush 187

(do you guys think I need all three of these shadows to get a nice green eye? I really love Swimming but its so bright!) Anyone have any experience with these shades?)

And to think I just went in for a sample of strobe cream....

replyin' to my own thread.. hehe

Ya I DO NEED all 3 shadows! I just tried them on together and they are amazing! I tried to follow Trisha's green tutorial but I don't think I could ever get it that perfect. I kinda did my own thing and it still looks great!

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel And to think I just went in for a sample of strobe cream.... Holy haul! I think you will love all your e/s and your #187. I know that I love mine. So, did you get your sample? If you did, how do you like it?

Wow!!

Great haul!

Fab greens and great brushes!

Hope you enjoy it all!

Sounds like a great haul
smile.gif

Great colour choices. I wish I'd discovered MAC before Stila (and then subsequently Shu Uemura). I always love the colour ranges, but I love the textures of other brands too much. I think I'll always get their eye kohls though. Do you have Minted eye kohl because that would look fab with some of those colours?

Nice haul!!
biggrin.gif
I love Swimming and Humid, and Juxt is on my wishlist to get soon!! My friend has all 3, and she does Juxt on the lid, Swimming in crease, and Humid in the outer "V", so that's why I think I need Juxt now. Plus I don't have any lighter MAC greens!! It's so addicting, haha!

Macroviolet Fluidline is really nice too!!
smile.gif
I love all the Fluidlines I own! I currently want Shade and Blacktrack!

Great haul!!! defo great choices!! Make sure to get Greensmoke next time thou cause it really is a pretty colour :icon_love

Nice haul!!! I agree with Lilla - Greensmoke is Sooooo pretty!! you should definitely try to pick that one up too sometime. And I have oceanique... it's a great color - goes with a lot.
wink.gif
Enjoy your stuff!

The 190 brush is amazing! Everything goes on soo smooth! I tried the Strobe creme this morning and I absolutely love it. I put in on before my foundation. I'm definitely getting that next time I go to the counter!!

The greens are beautiful!! I was thinking about getting "Minted" kohl as someone suggested, I think it would look good too. Juxt is the most beautiful green shade, it really opens up the eye.

I'm having some difficulty with the fluid lines I tried Black Track today and cause my hand my a lil shakey it made a complete mess! Ugh, had to take everything of and do it again
icon_rolleyes.gif
Not too sure if I'm going to keep these, maybe i'd be better off with a pencil liner?

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel The 190 brush is amazing! Everything goes on soo smooth! I tried the Strobe creme this morning and I absolutely love it. I put in on before my foundation. I'm definitely getting that next time I go to the counter!!

The greens are beautiful!! I was thinking about getting "Minted" kohl as someone suggested, I think it would look good too. Juxt is the most beautiful green shade, it really opens up the eye.

I'm having some difficulty with the fluid lines I tried Black Track today and cause my hand my a lil shakey it made a complete mess! Ugh, had to take everything of and do it again
icon_rolleyes.gif
Not too sure if I'm going to keep these, maybe i'd be better off with a pencil liner?

YAY, I am glad that you liked the Strobe Cream. Its a must for me.
What brush are you using to apply your Fluidlines? I use MAC's 311 even though its a lip brush. I find that its easier to use when applying Fluidlines.

M878_128.jpg

Originally Posted by Marisol YAY, I am glad that you liked the Strobe Cream. Its a must for me.
What brush are you using to apply your Fluidlines? I use MAC's 311 even though its a lip brush. I find that its easier to use when applying Fluidlines.

M878_128.jpg

Ya, it really is great! I got it because I kept seeing you rave about it and since I was looking for a mosturizer I tried it out-- it gives the face a really nice glow
icon_smile.gif
Can I ask how you apply it? I put it on as a moisturizer and then apply my foundation right over top. I see some people mix it with their other mosturizers, or even mix it up with their foundation.

For my fluid lines I'm just using a cheap lipliner brush at the moment. These are definitely a "practise makes perfect" type deal. Hehe-- they are soo darn hard to apply!! I love the way they look in the top inner rim though!

what an awesome haul. I have Juxt (Jessica, get it!!! it´s such a pretty light green...reminds me of fresh grass or something *lol*)

and don´t get me started on the #187 brush...you guys know I would marry it if I could
icon_cheesygrin.gif
it never lets me down

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I'm having some difficulty with the fluid lines I tried Black Track today and cause my hand my a lil shakey it made a complete mess! Ugh, had to take everything of and do it again
icon_rolleyes.gif
Not too sure if I'm going to keep these, maybe i'd be better off with a pencil liner? I'm typically only a pencil liner girl, but I don't have any trouble with these! I'd suggest a good brush. I'm currently using the CVS Essence of Beauty Eyeliner Brush, which is an angled brush. It looks something like this MAC one:
M87F_128.jpg
That's the MAC #266. I eventually want to get a MAC brush for liner, but for right now, my CVS brush is good! I hope you can get the Fluidlines to work for you, as they're fab! I think practicing will definitely help!

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Ya, it really is great! I got it because I kept seeing you rave about it and since I was looking for a mosturizer I tried it out-- it gives the face a really nice glow
icon_smile.gif
Can I ask how you apply it? I put it on as a moisturizer and then apply my foundation right over top. I see some people mix it with their other mosturizers, or even mix it up with their foundation.

For my fluid lines I'm just using a cheap lipliner brush at the moment. These are definitely a "practise makes perfect" type deal. Hehe-- they are soo darn hard to apply!! I love the way they look in the top inner rim though!

Glad that it worked out for you. I apply it all over my face before my foundation. Here is my routine: wash my face, apply Strobe Cream, spray Fix + and then apply foundation. I use it all over my face since I have dry skin I dont need to worry about oilyness.
As far as the fluidlines, I would get a cheap brush and practice practice practice.

Latest posts

Back