My Weekly JCPenny's Haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I shop at JCPenny's every Friday (give or take). It's become a bit of a ritual and gives me time to blow off the week's stress and just focus on me for a couple hours. Some times I can't find anything I like and sometimes I find a gold mine. So much so that my CC is smoking afterwards. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Today's shopping expedition was mildly successful, I didn't find a lot of cool stuff but I did find a good bit.

I saw this sweater and thought it looked hideous on the hanger but I'm making myself try stuff now that my sizing is no longer a concrete number. (Before I lost the weight, I'd just buy 5x shirts). I have to say, I was quite shocked at just how much I liked it once it was on!

My dress makers model, Elizabeth, is quite larger than I am these days so it doesn't fit her quite as well as it does me but it was the best I had to show the shape. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love love love the sleeves and the belt goes "through" the shirt.

And the back is pretty nice as well. I did buy a white tank top to go under it thought, just to make sure everything is nice and covered. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also found a bunch of necklaces I just had to have:

I got another necklace, some earrings and a pair of smokin hot sunglasses but my battery died before I could get a pic.

All in all though, I think this was a pretty good haul! And I love the fact that I can dress up or dress down that sweater with a pair of heels or a pair of boots!

Glee!

Ooooh, What a neat shirt! I love how it looks with the belt, and it is so cool how the sleeves are attached!

I like the pic of the last necklace too! Very cute!

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooooh, What a neat shirt! I love how it looks with the belt, and it is so cool how the sleeves are attached!

I like the pic of the last necklace too! Very cute!
That one is m y fave too! The charms are so cute!

cute! I haven't shopped there in forever, but with the whole ellen degeneres thing I decided to take a look. I was really impressed with their prices and selection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I bought an adorable dress for only $15

lol I love it when something looks bleh on the hanger but amazing on you, those are always the ones I like best because I don't have high expectations

I love JCP!!  It's where 90% of my work clothes come from.  They're sizing varies, but I love that they have "Curvy" alternatives!  Almost all my slacks are from their Worthington line.

I like your sweater! I think its really pretty and the pattern is very nice.  The belt is def a plus.

Enjoy your haul!!

My last few trips haven't been really productive but today's sure was!

I went in with the mind to get a new shirt since all of current ones are getting too big or are already too big. Not only did I find a really cute shirt but 3 new dresses! Unfortunetly I can't show them on the doll anymore because THEY ARE A SIZE SMALLER THAN LAST TIME! I'm now in between a 16/18. Not all 18's fit like they used too (too big) while most 16's will fit me. (the closely tailored stuff mostly doesn't sit right yet)

Yay!!

The new shirt, it's kind of sheer, will have to make sure to wear a nude colored bra under it else any other color (including white) shows up under it. Love this shirt, it's going to be perfect for a Texas summer. Looks great with a pair of jeans and compliments a pair of slacks really nice as well. Just wish I had a blazer, need to work on that.

At first, I didn't like this dress because of the ties. It was in a HUGE bow on the butt and I just don't think that is a flattering look for me. BUt once I put it on, I realized I am small enough in the waist, I could wrap the ties around to the front, knot it and then tuck it under the black ribbon on the waist. Score!

I love High Low dresses, I think they are every short girl's answer. This one is just SO comfortable on, I didn't want to take it off. Also a lightweight linen so it'll be perfect for summer. (Also, recognize the pattern from the shirt??) I have a pair of cork wedge sandals that I think need to be worn with this dress ASAP.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is my all time favorite dress. It's a satiny material and is just so fun. The "skirt" of the dress is so full that when I spin, it twirls out. LOL Love it!

I've not posted about my weekly JCPenny trips for awhile cause they haven't been all that great, one or two items.

Until yesterday! 11 shirts, 1 bra, 1 pair of boots and 2 hair clips. Total spent: $106.40.

The only items I paid full price for were the hair clips. Everything else was clearance and had an additional 30% discount. Woot!

Whoa! Nicely done! There are some great sales to be had, especially as we get into the holiday season..

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've not posted about my weekly JCPenny trips for awhile cause they haven't been all that great, one or two items.

Until yesterday! 11 shirts, 1 bra, 1 pair of boots and 2 hair clips. Total spent: $106.40.

The only items I paid full price for were the hair clips. Everything else was clearance and had an additional 30% discount. Woot!
I love getting deals like this!  Congrats.  It seems like Penney's has changed their pricing recently so I'm glad that they still have some great clearance deals.  I always find things I like at Penney's.  

This is one of the shirts I bought. After all the discounts, I paid $2.90 for it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(I look like crap cause I am fighting a massive sinus infection so apologies for that.)

Lol, Pancua for the very first blouse on this haul.. have you considered a khaki blazer or light fitted jacket? That'd be a super nice and stylish outfit, paired with some straight cut dark denim jeans. Nice haul and thanks for sharing pics!

This haul makes me want to drag my hubby to JCPs.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, Pancua for the very first blouse on this haul.. have you considered a khaki blazer or light fitted jacket? That'd be a super nice and stylish outfit, paired with some straight cut dark denim jeans. Nice haul and thanks for sharing pics!
I have! I found a great leather jacket that looks really cute on me. I cant tell you how crazy excited I was to be able to find something at Wilson's Leather that fit me! So now the hunt continues for a light blazer so I don't die in the Texas heat. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hit the extra 30% off clearance sale too, only online. Just got shipping confirmation today. I hope the clothing fits and the jewelery box isn't poorly made. My spend-total isn't as good as yours though, Pancua, at $80.58 with tax.

DP0605201221230997M.tif
these shorts are too cute, but since they're juniors sizing I just went off the measurements on the website.. I really hope they fit! I guess these shorts will make me less sad that we're still getting highs in the 90's right now.
DP0711201215233694M.tif
(but in black) these capris look super comfy.

0900631b81e92a8eM.tif

I've always wanted a romper, but this might not fit due to my stupid proportions

DP0712201217520467M.tif
I need new pants.. these are mocha colored I guess, hopefully they're true to the color in the picture

DP0605201222132909M.tif

This is a tunic thing.. I hope it's long enough to wear with the jeggings I bought (at JCP no less) a few weeks ago.
0900631b81b6e622M.tif

My jewelry right now sits in boxes/bags in my closet.

I also got a $10 coupon in the mail a few days ago so I went to a JCP by my parents house and got 2 tank tops for my mom, and a cute little neon green/black top that has lace edges and a sequin butterfly for one of my nieces for Christmas and spent $3.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is one of the shirts I bought. After all the discounts, I paid $2.90 for it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(I look like crap cause I am fighting a massive sinus infection so apologies for that.)
You look great and that shirt is amazing.  I'd buy it at full price, much less $2.90 and I don't often buy stuff at full price.  I love the cinching in detailing on it, such a neat shape.  Cool!

Great finds! I really love JCP since I was a kid... My mom is an absolutely die hard JcPenney customer forever now. I live in NYC and people here and especially in my age group (20s) play it down like it's something tacky which disgusts me (as if paying $120 that they can barely afford for a totally similar and identical shirt at Bloomingdales is practical... DISGUSTING!)... Most of the time they are totally shocked when they ask me where I got a shirt, shorts, necklace, etc and I tell them JCP. I really reallllllyyy love that store. I have been itching really badly to go but with the Hurricane I never made it there. I really want that necklace with the elephant, turtle, etc. I LOVEE elephants ! 

Latest posts

Back