My Worst Beauty Experience...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have to share this nightmare with you! My husband just reminded me of it... Last November I had a lot of warm blonde highlights added to my medium brown hair. I'm really fussy so I decided that night to dye my dark eyebrows a shade lighter to make my new color look more natural. I used a Clairol shade in medium warm brown, expecting to get a warmer, lighter eyebrow. Oh, heck no. After 10 minutes I wiped the color off and found BRIGHT CARROT RED brows. I looked like a bloody circus clown!!! My husband came home from work and found me in the bathroom, LMAO! He bust out laughing too, and after we calmed down we went to the drugstore to get an ash brown color to neutralize the damage. I picked out the color, then handed it off to my husband to purchase it because I was too embarrassed to let the clerk see my freaky brows. My husband said it was like buying condoms for his little brother! Fortunately I was able to fix my brows, though they ended up darker in the end. Well, at least I still *had* brows!!

If you ever decide to do that again, Sally's has an eyebrow coloring kit, to go lighter or darker, lol. I am just lucky they make eyebrow pencils, so I can color mine in.

That would be great to check out! I've colored my brows many times before, but never with a warm base. Made a BIG difference...lol!

lol, yeah sally's has the kits, and the ones for your eyelashes to, but not sure if I would trust myself doing my own eyelashes.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I have to share this nightmare with you! My husband just reminded me of it...
Last November I had a lot of warm blonde highlights added to my medium brown hair. I'm really fussy so I decided that night to dye my dark eyebrows a shade lighter to make my new color look more natural. I used a Clairol shade in medium warm brown, expecting to get a warmer, lighter eyebrow.

Oh, heck no. After 10 minutes I wiped the color off and found BRIGHT CARROT RED brows. I looked like a bloody circus clown!!! My husband came home from work and found me in the bathroom, LMAO! He bust out laughing too, and after we calmed down we went to the drugstore to get an ash brown color to neutralize the damage. I picked out the color, then handed it off to my husband to purchase it because I was too embarrassed to let the clerk see my freaky brows. My husband said it was like buying condoms for his little brother!

Fortunately I was able to fix my brows, though they ended up darker in the end. Well, at least I still *had* brows!!

Hahhahaha. Always look at the bright side ... unless you feel like a good cry!! LOL.
kkbanner2.jpg

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I have to share this nightmare with you! My husband just reminded me of it... Last November I had a lot of warm blonde highlights added to my medium brown hair. I'm really fussy so I decided that night to dye my dark eyebrows a shade lighter to make my new color look more natural. I used a Clairol shade in medium warm brown, expecting to get a warmer, lighter eyebrow. Oh, heck no. After 10 minutes I wiped the color off and found BRIGHT CARROT RED brows. I looked like a bloody circus clown!!! My husband came home from work and found me in the bathroom, LMAO! He bust out laughing too, and after we calmed down we went to the drugstore to get an ash brown color to neutralize the damage. I picked out the color, then handed it off to my husband to purchase it because I was too embarrassed to let the clerk see my freaky brows. My husband said it was like buying condoms for his little brother! Fortunately I was able to fix my brows, though they ended up darker in the end. Well, at least I still *had* brows!! I'd love to have seen a pic of that!! LOL!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I have to share this nightmare with you! My husband just reminded me of it... Last November I had a lot of warm blonde highlights added to my medium brown hair. I'm really fussy so I decided that night to dye my dark eyebrows a shade lighter to make my new color look more natural. I used a Clairol shade in medium warm brown, expecting to get a warmer, lighter eyebrow. Oh, heck no. After 10 minutes I wiped the color off and found BRIGHT CARROT RED brows. I looked like a bloody circus clown!!! My husband came home from work and found me in the bathroom, LMAO! He bust out laughing too, and after we calmed down we went to the drugstore to get an ash brown color to neutralize the damage. I picked out the color, then handed it off to my husband to purchase it because I was too embarrassed to let the clerk see my freaky brows. My husband said it was like buying condoms for his little brother! Fortunately I was able to fix my brows, though they ended up darker in the end. Well, at least I still *had* brows!! My experience involved Sun In(lightening spray for those that aren't familiar it lightens your hair either with sunlight or the heat of a hairdryer)I was at summer camp and I wanted the blonde streaks that everyone else had(not realizing it wasn't meant for dark auburn haired girls)Needless to say I ended up with bright Pumpkin orange hair..Had to get my hair dyed professionally when I returned home..I've been extremely careful ever since

Oh, yes! Sun In went orange on me, too! Let's see...that was back in 1986 when my hair was already punk enough. I could have been the 4th member of The Thompson Twins.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by allisong My experience involved Sun In(lightening spray for those that aren't familiar it lightens your hair either with sunlight or the heat of a hairdryer)I was at summer camp and I wanted the blonde streaks that everyone else had(not realizing it wasn't meant for dark auburn haired girls)Needless to say I ended up with bright Pumpkin orange hair..Had to get my hair dyed professionally when I returned home..I've been extremely careful ever since

Originally Posted by allisong My experience involved Sun In(lightening spray for those that aren't familiar it lightens your hair either with sunlight or the heat of a hairdryer)I was at summer camp and I wanted the blonde streaks that everyone else had(not realizing it wasn't meant for dark auburn haired girls)Needless to say I ended up with bright Pumpkin orange hair..Had to get my hair dyed professionally when I returned home..I've been extremely careful ever since It went orange on my friends hair too when she was on holidays!! It was hilarious..

Originally Posted by laura127 It went orange on my friends hair too when she was on holidays!! It was hilarious.. My hair turned out green once. I have no idea why, it was just very green. It was a costly mistake.I'd have to say my WORST "beauty" experience ever took place before my wedding when I paid $50+ dollars to have my makeup done. I looked like an older shower head in the bargain bin when she was through. Woah. I cried and was surprised and impressed with how ghastly ugly I could be with the right makeup!

I stuck my head over the sink as soon as I returned home and washed my face off with a pile of hand soap. After washing off the makeup job, my friends and relatives applauded. I did my own makeup for my wedding. I went natural looking instead of "bride of Frankenstein."

Here is my story.

I wanted to get spiral curls. I had my hair short (a bob) for a long time and I was finally letting it grow out. So I go to a new hair stylist, that a friend used. So, she does my hair and when she is done I look in the mirror and what do I look like?? A damn poodle!!!!
icon_cry.gif
Oh my gosh. I didn't know what to do. It was so bad, that I didn't leave the house that night. I went to the hairdresser with my mom the next day and a girl in there fixed it for me. After she stopped laughing.
icon_lol.gif
I've been going to her every since. Almost 8 years now.
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back