Nail Art & Stamping

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 @@Wendy Stanbury I finally bought some of those water decals last month but different company and market place, I believe. I tried feather ones which came out great and a few others. i will try some again this weekend and hopw I remember to take pictures. I got a cute purple polish I want to try!

Here's a recent gradient mani. I experimented with doing the gradient from dark in the middle out to two lighter tones - one bright and one murky. I'm not sure that visually it's quite as effective as a one-direction gradient along the length of the nail, as there just isn't very much room for five colours, especially when they're effectively being used to create two gradients! But it was interesting to see the impact of the second aspect of the experiment - mixing shimmers with creams. It seems to work fairly well, and it would be neat to try with a single gradient. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The gradient from cuticle is Cult Nails Grunge, Zoya Cassedy, Hunter, and Rikki, and then an unlabeled Kozmic Colours with 40 stamped in the glass. The middle nail is Zoya Noot, and Cult Nails In A Trance is on the ring finger nail.

Incidentally, Grunge, Noot, and In A Trance make a fantastic camo colour combination too! (pre clean-up)

Here's a recent gradient mani. I experimented with doing the gradient from dark in the middle out to two lighter tones - one bright and one murky. I'm not sure that visually it's quite as effective as a one-direction gradient along the length of the nail, as there just isn't very much room for five colours, especially when they're effectively being used to create two gradients! But it was interesting to see the impact of the second aspect of the experiment - mixing shimmers with creams. It seems to work fairly well, and it would be neat to try with a single gradient. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The gradient from cuticle is Cult Nails Grunge, Zoya Cassedy, Hunter, and Rikki, and then an unlabeled Kozmic Colours with 40 stamped in the glass. The middle nail is Zoya Noot, and Cult Nails In A Trance is on the ring finger nail.

Incidentally, Grunge, Noot, and In A Trance make a fantastic camo colour combination too! (pre clean-up)

Always love looking at your manis, so creative and fun!

Yay! I'm so glad I found this section of the site!!! I just really got into nail stamping and am sooo addicted!!! I just ordered a couple of MoYou London plates and keep checking the mail box waiting for them to show up! Anyway, here's some past nail stamping i've done!

7ZjXYJL.jpg
NI7kdUm.jpg
nu0ju4M.jpg

uI799ET.jpg

Yay! I'm so glad I found this section of the site!!! I just really got into nail stamping and am sooo addicted!!! I just ordered a couple of MoYou London plates and keep checking the mail box waiting for them to show up! Anyway, here's some past nail stamping i've done!

7ZjXYJL.jpg
NI7kdUm.jpg
nu0ju4M.jpg

uI799ET.jpg
Gorgeous! I really need to get my stamp plates out more often. I'm too lazy, lol.

Gorgeous! I really need to get my stamp plates out more often. I'm too lazy, lol.
I love stamping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Unfortunately my wallet doesn't  :unsure:   It's an addiction to buy stamping plates and now I have no idea where I'm going to store them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

7ZjXYJL.jpg
NI7kdUm.jpg
nu0ju4M.jpg

uI799ET.jpg
Beautiful nails!

I'm excited about the results with this nail art experiment. The technique used is simple: dotting! That's it. I was tempted to stop at the blue dots because I liked it there. Then I did the red and navy dots, aka flowers, and I'm happy with that too. Now I'm considering navy stripes, but am not sure. And before adding stripes, I was also thinking of adding more flowers in a bright coral colour. There are just so many options for any mani. :)

T dots Red flowers lt.jpgT dots Red Flowers rt.jpg

eta: Yes, this mani is for the Inspirations Challenge too, so I'll post it there when it's time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited about the results with this nail art experiment. The technique used is simple: dotting! That's it. I was tempted to stop at the blue dots because I liked it there. Then I did the red and navy dots, aka flowers, and I'm happy with that too. Now I'm considering navy stripes, but am not sure. And before adding stripes, I was also thinking of adding more flowers in a bright coral colour. There are just so many options for any mani. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

T dots Red flowers lt.jpg
T dots Red Flowers rt.jpg

eta: Yes, this mani is for the Inspirations Challenge too, so I'll post it there when it's time.
So beautiful, love the flowers and the dots combo.

Just for interest: I've been using this white Gelish Sheek White with the Gelish base and top coats as my regular polish nail art base for a week and a half, and I'm noticing it's getting stained. The chartreuse stripes are from Bondi The Limelight (and a wee bit of it might also be from Zoya Meg; I'm not sure) and the orange-pink tone on the ring finger is from INLP Princess Diaries. It shows how important base coat would be when painting on 'bare' nails. I didn't use an rnp base coat here (since it doesn't matter if my gel base gets stained - it's there to keep my nail tips from breaking/flaking); but it would be interesting to see how much a base coat would protect the gel from staining.

Staining on white gel.jpg

Here is what happened to my Ciaté Lemon Fizz caviar from just a couple of days of regular wear. I didn't top the caviar with top coat for fear the coat would dissolve the colour on the caviar, as I've seen happen for other people; but the colour wore off anyway. You can better see the residual blue showing on the underside of some of the balls, but most of them are now colourless wherever they were exposed to soap, water, and minor abrasion. Before and after:

Fuchsia Caviar blue natlt.jpgCaviar blue wear.jpg

Here is what happened to my Ciaté Lemon Fizz caviar from just a couple of days of regular wear. I didn't top the caviar with top coat for fear the coat would dissolve the colour on the caviar, as I've seen happen for other people; but the colour wore off anyway. You can better see the residual blue showing on the underside of some of the balls, but most of them are now colourless wherever they were exposed to soap, water, and minor abrasion. Before and after:

Fuchsia Caviar blue natlt.jpg
Caviar blue wear.jpg
Thanks for posting these pics, I really want to try caviar nails and I was curious about the wear on them. 

Thanks for posting these pics, I really want to try caviar nails and I was curious about the wear on them. 
Glad to share! I look forward to seeing yours. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  If I do them again, I'll likely use Zoya basecoat again, as it worked well to keep the caviar in place; but I'll also consider using a top coat that can be gently applied with a fully loaded brush to keep the colour on them from wearing off.

Back