Nars and Nouba

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nouba is an Italian brand and Nars isn't available here, but... their products seem VERY similar, that's odd!

main_singleeyeshadow.jpg
24.jpg

family_lipgloss.jpg
33.jpg

main_bronzingpowder.jpg
14.jpg

Here too, Nouba is a drugstore brand (nice quality though). Very probably Nars is better but I've never tried anything from them and I can't compare it with Nouba.

On an Italian board we're now discussing the similarity between Nars and Nouba. We focused on pretty identical products and packaging materials.

Sigh, too bad Nouba isn't sold in Usa b/c you can't compare the two brands in this way. Well, FYI Nouba is cheaper than Nars (a single e/s costs about € 12.50 = $ 14.85).

P.S. A girl realized that Nars sells a l/s called Nouba
icon_eek.gif

I have one Nouba e/s and it is great quality!Though no NARS here,so I can't compare
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Zoey I have one Nouba e/s and it is great quality!Though no NARS here,so I can't compare
frown.gif
We are in the same boat
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL,I have a friend who has NARS blushes,but I only have Nouba e/s
icon_rolleyes.gif

Takashimaya in NYC is carrying NOUBA. I haven't tried their products yet but they appear to be of very high quality. I still have so much makeup such as Cle de Peau, Kanebo, Laura Mercier!

But I will definitely try the NOUBA line very soon!

They seem pretty similar to me! I noticed that in pics Leony posted before... I wouldn't say because it's a drugstore brand in one country it's of lesser quality. Shu and Shiseido are drugstore brands in Japan, but not here

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wouldn't say because it's a drugstore brand in one country it's of lesser quality. Shu and Shiseido are drugstore brands in Japan, but not here Definitely! Moreover, Nouba seemed to change her policy here too. As far as I know, their products are sold only at more selected stores now.

Yeah, they look so much alike. too bad I can't get a hold of NOUBA here. Only NARS here
frown.gif

I'd say Nouba is a very good quality product range. I pick things up when i go back to Holland and shop around in Douglas. They used to have similar blushes to the MAC MSF, i was kicking myself not buying 1 or 2 of the range they had. Oh well, their colourful liquid liners are just to die for! The range of colorus are just soo pretty!

You can buy them here in the UK from this online shop: Nouba

It is pricey though.

Originally Posted by Delphine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't think Nouba is available here in France
frown.gif
but I'm very close to Italy
laughing.gif
You may not have Nouba, but you do have Black-Up (french brand). God i love that brand! the pigmentation of their eyeshadows and pigment powder are sooo good!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shu and Shiseido are drugstore brands in Japan, but not here LMAO, mind you, Shu is NOT a drugstore brand here in Japan, it's one of HE MU line as well along with Shiseido Deptstore one. Shiseido itself, has many other lines using another name including the drugstore ones such as Majolica Majorca or Maquillage.

Thanks Leony about this info, I thought so too. From what I have heard, Shu Uemura and Shiseido are expensive brands in Japan and not drugstore brands. I haven't been to Japan (well, I have during layovers) so I could not confirm this so I thank you for this confirmation!

I also read great reviews about Shiseido's sister company Majolica Mallorca, especially its lengthening mascara. Is it really that good?

Kim

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif LMAO, mind you, Shu is NOT a drugstore brand here in Japan, it's one of HE MU line as well along with Shiseido Deptstore one. Shiseido itself, has many other lines using another name including the drugstore ones such as Majolica Majorca or Maquillage.

Originally Posted by cocochanel_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also read great reviews about Shiseido's sister company Majolica Mallorca, especially its lengthening mascara. Is it really that good?

Kim

I bought four MM e/s on adambeauty.com, they're very pigmented and great quality. Leony, do you think these shadows are as good as Shu ones? I read some reviews about the comparison between the two brands: MM SV821 seems very similar to Shu ME 945. Do you know if it is true? TIA!

Originally Posted by cocochanel_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Leony about this info, I thought so too. From what I have heard, Shu Uemura and Shiseido are expensive brands in Japan and not drugstore brands. I haven't been to Japan (well, I have during layovers) so I could not confirm this so I thank you for this confirmation!
I also read great reviews about Shiseido's sister company Majolica Mallorca, especially its lengthening mascara. Is it really that good?

Kim

Yes, it's actually pretty good, but you will need an eye makeup remover to remove the mascara lol. I have the before after pics on my computer, I'l post it later on before-after mascara thread.

Originally Posted by Mirtilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought four MM e/s on adambeauty.com, they're very pigmented and great quality. Leony, do you think these shadows are as good as Shu ones? I read some reviews about the comparison between the two brands: MM SV821 seems very similar to Shu ME 945. Do you know if it is true? TIA! MM eyeshadow is the best one if we compare it to other Japanese drugstore brand eyeshadow. But, in my opinion we can't really compare it to Shu eyeshadow, since the quality is different, Shu e/s are more pigmented than MM e/s. Just take a look on the price. MM e/s cost around $5 USD while Shu cost around $19 USD here. So, there's a lot of difference on the price.
If MM has the same quality as Shu, I won't be buying Shu e/s lol.

I think I have the MM and Shu swatches pics on my computer. I'll look for it and post it later on gallery.

Latest posts

Back