Nars Blushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Love them
smile.gif

The MUA at Nars was explaining to me how different shades of blush go with different shades of lipstick and eye colors. Wow, I have alot to learn!

For those that are familar with Nars can you name your fav blush and what look you think goes best?

I have Deep Throat and Orgasm. Deep Throat is best worn with smokey eye and nude lips. Orgasm is best worn with pink lippies and lighter eye makeup. This is what I was told at the Nars counter. Do you all agree? How do you wear your favorite Nars blushes?

I am thinking about getting LoveJoy and Outlaw next. Any suggestions appreciated!

Originally Posted by Liz mine are : orgasm, deep throat, sin, lovejoy, torrid I've only seen pictures of torrid but it looks a little dark. Its a nice shade though. How does it look on?

i love nars blushes. i'm looking to get zen next. it's just a basic beige. i just bought my 3rd one, which was ninotchka. i have lovejoy and of course, orgasm.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I've only seen pictures of torrid but it looks a little dark. Its a nice shade though. How does it look on? torrid is more peachier than orgasm

Angelika, it's a hot pink/fuschia color. I like darker colors because you can vary the intensity.
icon_smile.gif

I love - Silvana, Deep Throat and Torrid.

I also have Taj Mahal, Crazed and Lovejoy - but i don't reach for these alot, infact, hardly ever.

I have Orgasm, Torrid & Sin but i rarely use Sin. Angelika is next on my list
biggrin.gif

I don't go by what kind of eye look I have but I try to match my blush to my lipstick
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I used to have Sin but got rid of it thinking I broke out from it. But I found out later on that I am not so I ordered it again.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I like ordering stuff when department stores have gift with purchase
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla
icon_rolleyes.gif
I like ordering stuff when department stores have gift with purchase
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Any excuse!!
wink.gif

I've only bought Sin and I'm almost finished with it - I love it. Orgasm is too orangey on me.

I have Mata Hari, it's a matte candy pink. I usually prefer matte blush so I can choose where the shimmer goes. I have Orgasm too, which I wear in the evenings because on me it's a bit full on for daytime use.

Originally Posted by Trisha i have all the blushes from NARS and really think they are the best powder blush out there (IMO anyway!)
i dont choose my blush according to my eye look tho, so dont be limited by what the MA said, just make sure your cheek/lip colour is in the same colour family xx

I agree!...I have all the colors now too, but there are some that don't work well with certain skintones...like there are some that work way better on darker skin and others that only look good on fairer skin.Do you have any pics of yourself greeneyedangel?

Originally Posted by Liz mine are : orgasm, deep throat, sin, lovejoy, torrid Is sin a purple color? I am afraid that If I buy it it will look like if my cheeks are bruised

It has that effect on some ladies so you might want to try it next time you're in a department store that carries Nars.

Originally Posted by smallpuppy Is sin a purple color? I am afraid that If I buy it it will look like if my cheeks are bruised

Sin is not a purple color. It's a mauve-y / berry type color - but definitely not purple. It has subtle gold flecks in it.

I'm fair-skinned with dark hair and it looks great on me. Good for skin with blue undertones.

Latest posts

Back