Nasty Blackheads

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a blackhead extractor (I don't know the brand) up on Sephora. It gets a lot of raves on MUA.

Clay masks can definitely work.
smile.gif

no matter what you do you'll always have them on your nose. but i use either my comodome extractor or very gently with one of my nails. close my pores with cold water and toner. pores are bigger on the nose which makes it easier for dirt and oils, etc. to get in them.

Originally Posted by Lorrine24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you notice a dramatic difference after your first use of the bentonite clay or does it take some time? How about with that apple cider vinegar? What were the irritating effects of the vinegar you noticed?
I remember in highschool a friend of mine used a combo of products one night and totally got rid of her blackheads right then and there! However, she was a snot and would never tell me what it was she did. Nice friend.
icon_evil.gif

I'm definitely trying this!
I tell ya though, that wasn't very nice of her not to let you know what she used, I have to agree that was rather rude of her not to inform you.

I can tell a big difference after using a clay mask. I use Clarins pure and radiant mask and absolutley love it.

Originally Posted by smilingface /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like the Aztec mask. Maybe that is what the above poster was talking about. You can get it at Whole Foods and mix it with apple cider vinegar. It is a bentonite clay mask and it works great. It isn't too expensive either. You put it on for about 15-20 minutes and rinse. It takes a bit to get all of it off. Usually I just hop in the shower. It cleans out my pores like nothing else. The full name is Aztec secret Indian Healing Clay. I use it with the Braggs acv. Good luck! I use the Aztec Clay as well & I love it! Although, I HATE the smell of Vinegar, so I use water instead. I'm not sure if the vinegar works better than water, but water works just great for me!

I used to use Garnier's pure collection.It really good for blackheads. And the one I wouldnt suggest is clean and clear for blackheads.

I got the Queen Helene.

I just need to remember to use it...

Do I mix the ACV in with water then mix them both with the mask?

Avon Correct and fade peel pads are so good at loosening them up, I use it to bring them up to the surface. I usually do it after I take a shower, the steam should open up your pores.

I use the pore strips too but I've been using cetaphil and adding a bit of bi carb soda so it forms into a paste, since then it's minimized the size and amount of them, it's good too because it's not too harsh and abrasive on my skin like other scrubs.

My facial therapist gets rid of mine for me.. but I noticed that since I've switched to using mineral makeup, I get alot less of them... nothing else has changed so... :?

it's probably due to zinc oxide, which is soothing. that and the fact mineral makeup doesn't contain fillings, like in the traditional makeup.

i don't like much the nose strips, i always get some glue on them, and i think they're a bit too harsh for my skin.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use just plain bentonite clay mixed with a little water to make a clay mask. It pulls everything to the surface. Even acne you didn't realize you had! Really gentle too. I buy it in bulk cheap from an herb store. Apple cider vinegar really cleared up my blackheads too, but it was a little too irritating for my skin. All the other blackhead products I've seen just seemed too expensive or too harsh for me. WOW thanks I'm gonna try to find some of that bentonite clay
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back