Nasty SA Update, Letter Received..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MacForMe
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
We can get just a tad nasty here on the East Coast..
icon_evil.gif
Oh yeah!! I hear ya!
icon_lol.gif
Especially us NY'ers!!! Just watch how we drive - that will tell you right there! We hate 'creepers' and people that just can't drive for s&%t - so aggravating!!
icon_mad.gif
Anyhoo, glad you got your free gloss! that was cool!! You should go back there and tell her 'thanks! the report I gave MACon your bad attitude got me a free gloss! Thanks for being such a b**ch!"
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL I'm gonna go tomorrow... but luckily all the SA's at my MAC are really sweet - guess they are cautious since they're in NY!!! lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh yeah!! I hear ya!
icon_lol.gif
Especially us NY'ers!!! Just watch how we drive - that will tell you right there! We hate 'creepers' and people that just can't drive for s&%t - so aggravating!!
icon_mad.gif
Anyhoo, glad you got your free gloss! that was cool!! You should go back there and tell her 'thanks! the report I gave MACon your bad attitude got me a free gloss! Thanks for being such a b**ch!"
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL I'm gonna go tomorrow... but luckily all the SA's at my MAC are really sweet - guess they are cautious since they're in NY!!! lol
wink.gif
Hey Neighbor! I am only 20 minutes from NYC .. but i dont go there anymore.. haven't been able too (for a clue on that, see my notepad).. I think, that if i do see Missy Beeyatch, i will thank her for getting me the free glass.. GREAT idea! ROCK ON!

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hey Neighbor! I am only 20 minutes from NYC .. but i dont go there anymore.. haven't been able too (for a clue on that, see my notepad).. I think, that if i do see Missy Beeyatch, i will thank her for getting me the free glass.. GREAT idea! ROCK ON! I'm actually on LI - but the NYC insanity carries over here too!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hey Neighbor! I am only 20 minutes from NYC .. but i dont go there anymore.. haven't been able too (for a clue on that, see my notepad).. Damn... I don't think I would be able to either if I were you. It was hard enough just living only a hop,skip & jump away - and even just watching on tv. Unfortunately, one of my b/f's friends worked in one of the top floors of tower 1... and the last we heard from him was right after the first tower was hit, and my b/f called him (he picked up the office phone... and said something happened and they were all being evacuated & he'd call him when he got outside from his cell) No more phone calls.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Damn... I don't think I would be able to either if I were you. It was hard enough just living only a hop,skip & jump away - and even just watching on tv. Unfortunately, one of my b/f's friends worked in one of the top floors of tower 1... and the last we heard from him was right after the first tower was hit, and my b/f called him (he picked up the office phone... and said something happened and they were all being evacuated & he'd call him when he got outside from his cell) No more phone calls.
icon_neutral.gif
awww jeez.. we heard alot of that happening, people would ask us if we saw this person or that person and shove photos in our faces. It was a very hard thing for us to deal with. When the NJ Govmnt called upon us for service, we knew it was gonna be hard. Very very hard. Still not the same since i came home from my time there..

Originally Posted by MacForMe I'll kick her butt from NJ to MAC's Headquarters in Canada if she gives me any more attitude.. I'm armed, I'm ready.. she better watch it.. NJ attitude coming out! Let us know how things go on your visit. I'm actually traveling to a far-away mall tomorrow to get more Fluidlines (it's the only mall in this general area that has them). I actually liked the MA I dealt with at this mall the last time so I'm looking forward to my visit & hoping she'll be there. I almost dread going to the MAC counter at one of the closer malls because of the attitude. I only visit those counters if I can just tell them what I want & don't need help.

Glad that you got a positive response from MAC. I think it sucks when one person (such as an SA) gives that whole company a bad rep. We tend to remember the bad experiences more than the positive ones. I think that a lot of these companies need to make sure that they hire good people cause otherwise, they are going to lose good customers.

MAC does have great customer service! I haven't had an experience with a bad SA, but I did have a lipglass go rancid on me about 3 months after I bought it, and when I emailed them to tell them about it, they sent me a free replacement lipglass. How nice!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme MAC does have great customer service! I haven't had an experience with a bad SA, but I did have a lipglass go rancid on me about 3 months after I bought it, and when I emailed them to tell them about it, they sent me a free replacement lipglass. How nice!
smile.gif
Did it smell bad? I've heard a lot about lipglasses going rancid. What "symptoms" should I look for?

Mine just smelled bad. It went from having that yummy light vanilla smell to this awful chemical smell. I wouldn't even put in on my lips because I couldn't stomach the smell, and I expect more from a $14 lipgloss. I think mine was just old when I got it though, as I've had other lipglasses for 2-3 years with no problems.

Somethin very similar happened to me at a Lancome counter except the SA didn't yell at me. Whatever she had in her hand she slammed down on the counter and said whadda ya want. I told her I wanted blush but not sure what color and she sighed like it was a big pain in the butt. I looked at her name tag, said maybe I'll come back when I can find someone in a better mood, turned around and walked out. When I got home I called and talked to the manager at the Lancome counter told her what happened, gave her the SA's name and she said she would send me some stuff. Sure enough within a few days I got a bunch of samples and a $50 gift card.

This isn't MU related, but I was never so mad in my life. This was several years ago when I lived in Tennessee. It is legal to own a box turtle but illegal to sell them. I went to Petsmart to buy a ton of stuff for my turtle and this girl starts tellling me it's illegal to own a box turtle and I nicely told her that I had made several callls and it was okay to own one. Then she tells me I know it's illegal, my daddy's a conservatio officer. I told her I didn't give a damn herv or what her daddy was and she could take what I bought and shove it up her butt and walked out. I was so mad I had to sit in my car about 10 minutes to calm down and I did call the store and complain about her and they offered to send me a $20 gift card. I told them no thanks, that I wouldn't be going back in that store and never did. I went to another pet store to get my pet supplies and ended up paying alot more but it was worth it. Kills me why some people are so rude

Great for you macforme,its really nice when companies take the time to listen and help the company.you handled the situation wonderfully.Enjoy oh baby its one of my first mac gloss
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That is cool they sent you the free l/g, because really, couldn't any one of us write a letter to Mac and say a SA treated us bad just to get some free stuff?
wink.gif
Of course I'm sure you gave them the SA's name, and maybe they even asked other people that worked at the same counter...

Originally Posted by MacForMe I will haul her nasty butt out of the store and give her hell. BEEEYATCH!
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
LOL!!!!https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gif:ic on_lol:https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gif

more mac free stuff for you! now you're two for two. free stuff makes it almost worth the trouble.

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hey!Most of you know that 2 weeks ago, I was at MAC Short Hills, NJ when an SA YELLED at me for asking for an item that was limited edition, which was actually not a item for me, but a request from my friend who couldn't go to MAC with me. Not to mention being ignored at first, then rushed and basically treated BADLY.. So, i wrote to MAC via their website.

Well.. Today, i was pleased to see a yellow bubble envelope sticking out of my door.. i thought it was a swap but NO! A nice big white M*A*C* sticker was on it. They wrote a nice letter, said they were very sorry to hear what happened and hoped that it was "anomalous".. well lets hope it was a one time deal. Anyway, included in the envelope was a nice OH BABY Lipglass..very nice indeed..

good for you standing up to them!

Originally Posted by beckibelle Somethin very similar happened to me at a Lancome counter except the SA didn't yell at me. Whatever she had in her hand she slammed down on the counter and said whadda ya want. I told her I wanted blush but not sure what color and she sighed like it was a big pain in the butt. I looked at her name tag, said maybe I'll come back when I can find someone in a better mood, turned around and walked out. When I got home I called and talked to the manager at the Lancome counter told her what happened, gave her the SA's name and she said she would send me some stuff. Sure enough within a few days I got a bunch of samples and a $50 gift card.

This isn't MU related, but I was never so mad in my life. This was several years ago when I lived in Tennessee. It is legal to own a box turtle but illegal to sell them. I went to Petsmart to buy a ton of stuff for my turtle and this girl starts tellling me it's illegal to own a box turtle and I nicely told her that I had made several callls and it was okay to own one. Then she tells me I know it's illegal, my daddy's a conservatio officer. I told her I didn't give a damn herv or what her daddy was and she could take what I bought and shove it up her butt and walked out. I was so mad I had to sit in my car about 10 minutes to calm down and I did call the store and complain about her and they offered to send me a $20 gift card. I told them no thanks, that I wouldn't be going back in that store and never did. I went to another pet store to get my pet supplies and ended up paying alot more but it was worth it. Kills me why some people are so rude

man, i was just thinking how we should share crazy CUSTOMER stories, for those of us MUTers who work retail. It's amazing how rude people can be -- on both sides of the counter!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux man, i was just thinking how we should share crazy CUSTOMER stories, for those of us MUTers who work retail. It's amazing how rude people can be -- on both sides of the counter! I hear ya Joy.. I could never be rude to a salesperson. Their jobs are hard! And i know i could never do it.. because i know, i would not be able to handle it very well. I'd be fired day one..
icon_rolleyes.gif

I never saw that SA again. Instead, when i went back, I met another one and she was SO nice.. I even wrote a letter about her service to MAC.
claps.gif
She went WAY out of her way to help us..I hope she was told about it..

Originally Posted by MacForMe I hear ya Joy.. I could never be rude to a salesperson. Their jobs are hard! And i know i could never do it.. because i know, i would not be able to handle it very well. I'd be fired day one..
icon_rolleyes.gif

I never saw that SA again. Instead, when i went back, I met another one and she was SO nice.. I even wrote a letter about her service to MAC.
claps.gif
She went WAY out of her way to help us..I hope she was told about it..

People love to take out their frustrations on salespeople, it's amazing. But I think it's totally unacceptable for a SA to do it to a customer -- it's my job to help people out, gotta leave all my sh!t at home!
I had a really amusing experience with a woman who came up to my counter just to tell me how much she hates MAC, thought my makeup was "glaring" and that all of our products are "ugly" and only meant for "dark people".
icon_eek.gif
She got really frustrated because I didn't get angry back at her. She was looking for a fight, but I didn't give it to her. lol! And at the end of the interaction, she thanked me for atleast not being worthless like everyone else. Wow.

Back