NatureBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yousoldtheworld

Michaela
Reaction score
I got to try NatureBox this month - it's another food subscription service, this one is focused on healthy snacks! I really liked everything I got this month! I just finished my blog post about it and thought I'd share it here, too, since I know some of you like food services.  The citrus kick almonds are freakin' out of this world.

It's $20 a month, but it's 4-6 full sized items, and they donate a meal to hungry children for every box sold. The promo code REFER25 will save you 25 percent on your first box, if interested (this is not a personal referral code, just one for everyone). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.naturebox.com/

Posting a note of CAUTION about this subscription.

They will reject all Debit Cards. Will only take reg. CCs. I even called them to find out why.

No good answer was given.

I'd steer clear of this one until they realize that many of us are only going to pay with debit cards with limits.

Thanks,

Laura

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got to try NatureBox this month - it's another food subscription service, this one is focused on healthy snacks! I really liked everything I got this month! I just finished my blog post about it and thought I'd share it here, too, since I know some of you like food services.  The citrus kick almonds are freakin' out of this world.

It's $20 a month, but it's 4-6 full sized items, and they donate a meal to hungry children for every box sold. The promo code REFER25 will save you 25 percent on your first box, if interested (this is not a personal referral code, just one for everyone). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.naturebox.com/
I like the idea of this one! Would you say that it is worth the $20 for you personally? I love that it is healthy products; there needs to be more of these around! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anyone is interested in this, Daily Candy is having a sale on it:

$30 for 3 months....

http://deals.dailycandy.com/deal/12966/naturebox-ew-50-percent-off

I would get it, but I rather use my calories on junkfood
18.gif

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT subscribe to this box. I have subscribed to many boxes (at least 10 of them) and none have had as bad customer service as this one.

My first box was shipped on August 5th and finally arrived in my town 2 weeks later. USPS attempted delivery when I wasnt home and so I asked them to redeliver it on Saturday. Online it says the box was delivered Saturday but guess what? I never received the box. So who knows where they 'delivered' it to. I mentioned this to NatureBox in the same email where I asked them to ship all future boxes to a different mailing address (so that this wont happen again) and you would think they would offer to get in contact with USPS themselves or send a new box. Did they do either? Nope. Not even an, 'I am so sorry that 4 weeks after your box has shipped, you still havent received it.'

Like i said, do yourselves a favor and STAY AWAY. SO many other companies would have done all 3: said Im sorry, contacted USPS AND mailed out a new box (BB, Sample Society, off the top of my head) and this company did NOTHING. Good luck staying in business!!

That is too bad that your customer service experience was bad! Ours was great. We loved the snacks that we got and only cancelled because there were lots of nuts and one of my kids has a nut allergy so we don't typically have any nuts in our house. They were great about caceling and said they will soon be opening a subscription aimed at people with food needs. They even sent an extra package of snacks for free in a separate package. I hope your box was just temporarily misplaced and it gets to you soon. I don't thin there is any way to contact USPS when a box is missing.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is too bad that your customer service experience was bad! Ours was great. We loved the snacks that we got and only cancelled because there were lots of nuts and one of my kids has a nut allergy so we don't typically have any nuts in our house. They were great about caceling and said they will soon be opening a subscription aimed at people with food needs. They even sent an extra package of snacks for free in a separate package. I hope your box was just temporarily misplaced and it gets to you soon. I don't thin there is any way to contact USPS when a box is missing.
I have filed a claim with USPS but I dont think anything will come of it. They said they would look into it and gave me a claim #, butI doubt anyone will actually follow up. The USPS and its employees are useless.

This is one of those situations where I think it is a real shame that you can't get good customer service unless you post in a public forum. I think Vee had the same experience with Glossybox.

This is one of those situations where I think it is a real shame that you can't get good customer service unless you post in a public forum. I think Vee had the same experience with Glossybox.
I did not bother responding to their post nor did I email them. They can kiss my u know what.

There are a ton of half-off-your-first-box promos all over the place from various podcasts, so I decided that $10 was a decent price to give it a shot. I picked the one for Neil deGrasse Tyson's podcast. It's the least I could do after he made Laurence Fishburne FANBOY THE HELL OUT due to NdGT's cameo in a Superman comic book. It was one of the most adorable things I've ever heard.

Ahem. I digress. It's been more than a year and a half since the last post in this thread, so I'm going to be curious to see how things have changed with this company, especially given the recent funding infusion it has received. I wish I could see what they were sending in my current box because I've already forgotten what I requested to be included, but, hey, it's stress snacking time at work (the specific reason I'm getting this: We're short-handed at work, so I'm basically stuck at my desk all day except to refill my water and go to the restroom/copy machine on Mondays and Tuesdays, as are the other two people in my department. I don't even bother taking an hour for lunch on those days and instead just grab a sandwich to eat at my desk), so whatever shows up *will* be consumed. Crossing my fingers that this goes well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'e been getting them the last few months, and they have some really good things.

The Sriracha Roasted Cashews? HOOOOLY MOLY, I'm in love with those.
I did not realize they had Sriracha cashews. This changes everything.

Is it possible to fill your entire selection with one item? 
whistling.gif
 (I'm only half joking) I might need to actually subscribe again to get the new snacks!

My first box is here!  It was supposed to have five items, and I had forgotten what I had requested to be included, but based on what I received, it looks like I asked for:

• Southern BBQ Sunflower Kernels
  • Peanut Butter Nom Noms
  • Lemon Tea Biscuits
  • Lemon Meringue Waffles
  • Honey Macadamia Pretzel Pops
So.  You might note that I'm a little vague and verging on confused about what I ordered.  This is because they sent me A SIXTH SNACK!  The above five snacks were listed on my packing slip, but I also received Toasted Sesame Sticks, which was actually something I had been going back and forth about including this time around because I love those things, but I can easily pick them up at Trader Joe's. 

Now I want to just dig into all of these, but I specifically got them for *work* snacking, so I will be strong!  At least until I get out of the shower!

I used the half off code to to buy the big box with 4 bags of each of the 5 snacks and picked them out. I figured it was a pretty awesome deal because I love nuts, but hate how expensive they are at the grocery store. Plus they gave me an additional freebie as well! This is what I ended up with:

• Chile Lime Pistachios (4)
  • Peppery Pistachios (4)
  • Garden Tomato Crunchies (4)
  • Honeycomb Sunflower Kernels (4)
  • Baked Sweet Potato Fries (4)
  • Toasted Sesame Stix (1)
I haven't tried the sesame sticks, but I loved all the nuts. The first time I tried the sweet potato fries, I liked them, but then the other day I thought they were just too sweet potatoish.

I canceled because I didn't think it was worth it at full price even for the $19.99 box, but then I got the Popsugar Mix in my April box. So then I used their link for half off and their curated snack selections. I'm a sucker for a mystery box.

I got my box for this month, I added on a couple of things, and my other items were "surprise me" things.

Lone Star Snack Mix - this is good, bbq almonds, cashews, and peanuts with little multi seed crisp things...

Cocoa Waffle Wafers - These are okay, not too sweet but I think I'd have preferred the lemon ones...super low cal, though! Probably won't get this one again.

Roasted Kettle Kernels - Yum...these are like if kettle corn had a baby with  corn nuts...surprised how much I like them.

Chipotle Maple Almonds - haven't tried, but I love all their nuts.

Toasted Sesame Stix - meh. They're good for sesame sticks, just not an exciting option for me. I'll eat them though.

Add ons:

Honey Nut Medley - So good!

Praline Pumpkin Seeds - Haven't opened them yet but I'm excited

Sriracha  Roasted Cashews - My absolute favorite, I could go through 10 bags of them each month.

When you ladies ordered your first box how long did it take you to receive it?  I just subscribed on Monday evening and according to there website it shipped yesterday (There's a tracking # anyway, no details on if it's moved yet).  I also got the mix in the PopSugar box and loved it.  Can't wait to try what I get!

Latest posts

Back