Need a new PC?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I'd give you a heads up!! I was debating whether to update the son's PC.. New motherboard, cpu, memory.. Operating system.. And came across the Office Depot add in sunday's paper..

Compaq Presario desktop with an AMD 63 3800+ cpu, 512 meg ram, 120 gig hard drive, lightscribe DVD burner and Windows vista and an HP color printer, after rebate for $249!!!

I stopped at OD on the way to work and bought one.. Figured it will get him through his senior year of HS and into college.. We have a LCD monitor.. Heck Windows Vista costs $250 so its like buying the operating system and getting the PC and printer free!!

This is my 3rd Compaq and they are very reliable even after HP bought them.. So if you are thinking of getting a new one, check Office Depot out.. But hurry...

Karren

That seems like a great deal. I don't know anything about Compaq. I've used HP for the past 15 years. I'm on my 4th computer with them. I've never had any problems, but I didn't know HP bought Compaq. It should be great for him in school.

They bought them a couple years back... And Compaq was always the elite machine.. We have used them at work for 20 years.. They now have HP stickers all over them.. Lol. Probably all made in the same factory anyway!!
smile.gif

Our son is excited.. Need to put a padlock on it to keep him from messing around inside!! Definately takes after me!! If it aint broke then you don't have enough features!! Lol

Karren

Originally Posted by Karren Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif If it aint broke then you don't have enough features!! Lol
Karren

add_wegbrech.gif
so true, i love my compaq, much more so than my gateway

I need a new one....but I can't buy one, and noone will buy me a new one. so, I go on my mom's new computer, and she get's pissed at me!! LOL!

Yay! I need a new computer. soo bad! But alas, I cannot afford it, and I go up on my mom's comp. and she gets pissed off at me.

My problem is the notebook I have for work. Now it's way too convenient to sit on my couch or in the bed and play instead of working. It did scratch the itch that I had to get a new desktop though. I bought a router so I wouldn't have to go to my office everyday and upload my charting. Can you remember a day when you didn't have a computer? What in the he** did we do with our time back then??????

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the heads up! I may just go get my daughter her own computer. I typically only use the iBook at home and let her use the desktop, an eMachine. It's a good computer, but old and slow. This one is actually replacing an old Emachine... That he "Fixed up".. Lol

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn /img/forum/go_quote.gif My problem is the notebook I have for work. Now it's way too convenient to sit on my couch or in the bed and play instead of working. It did scratch the itch that I had to get a new desktop though. I bought a router so I wouldn't have to go to my office everyday and upload my charting. Can you remember a day when you didn't have a computer? What in the he** did we do with our time back then?????? I remember them for sure and what time!! Lol. Used to build my own PCs in the 80s and 90 but they are so cheap anymore doesn't make any sence.. Including this one we have 2 compaq desktops, an HP desktop, a Sony Vaio desktop, my Compaq laptop, my daughters Dell laptop and the son just bought a little Toshiba Notebook at a yard sale.. All hooked together with a wireless router through the cable modem..
I can imagine the power company loves us!! Lol. Probably take most of our AC just to keep the PCs cool!!

Karren

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif What a great deal! It came with a monitor as well? Nope.. No monitor, Kee.. We hev a couple monitor from previous systems..
When I got home our son just about had it out of the trunk before I shut off the engine.. Did get him to clean his room before he was alowed to set it up.. Expensive room cleaning? Lol. He loves it... Very fast and super quiet..

Karren

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nope.. No monitor, Kee.. We hev a couple monitor from previous systems..
When I got home our son just about had it out of the trunk before I shut off the engine.. Did get him to clean his room before he was alowed to set it up.

Oh the cruelty!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh the cruelty!
laughing.gif
That's what parents are for!!! hehe
Karren

Latest posts

Back