Need advice/help on this hair style

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have seen this hair style on a couple of people and I am tempted to try it. But I cannot do it. Any help/advice? I am hair lame at times. I need help on the bang aspect of it.

Thanks!

I do that style. I just section off the areas I want to pull back. I like to backcomb it a bit for height. Then I just clip the back with either a barette or bobby pins.

I think there is a photo tut on it. Look up 'pomp' or pompadour and you should find something. I think the link was to an external page on livejournal.

Aha. A hairstyle I can do. I also take sections. Back comb, spray, smooth it then clip it. I like this style.

one of my mom's friends have a very similar hairstyle. i know she puts back her front part which is shorter than the rest of her hair (about shoulder length). but i don't really know how she does it, i just know it suits her really well.

I comb out the sections I want, pull it back, and pin it with bobby pins or a clip. I find it works better if my hair is a little dirty.

ugh, bad thing is, I always get gaps in this style since I normally have my hair parted slightly to one side. So frustrating..

did you try it out Marisol?

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif ugh, bad thing is, I always get gaps in this style since I normally have my hair parted slightly to one side. So frustrating..
did you try it out Marisol?

Not yet but when I do I will let you all know.

Lol, yellow hair. What I do is keep half of the bangs down and tease the back and hairspray that area and then hide the nasty little rats nest with the bangs that havent' been hairsprayed, then I clip it back and put it all in a high pony. I learned that from purzebuzz. She added a headband, but same aspect.

Latest posts

Back