need advice & suggestions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about something. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

My mom makes this homemade soap that's really great for your skin - it's moisturizing, cleansing, anti-aging, and clears up acne & exzema or sorriasis (sp) (I can't remember which) - you end up needing less makeup because your skin is healthier & the makeup that you do use comes off easily when you wash your face with this soap & water. Everyone who tries it loves it & people keep telling my mom that she should try to sell it commercially, but she doesn't know how to go about getting started. I don't think a cosmetic company would take a kitchen made soap very seriously.

I think that is as good as anything on the market & it's just a great general face & body soap. The great thing is when someone has a particular skin problem - like acne - and they use this soap & see that their skin now looks & feels better than when they've went out and bought expensive products that just make their skin worse. And all the men in my family use it for shaving soap because it helps the razor glide across their skin easier & they don't get ingrown hairs.

There are so many good things about it, and I know that it would do really well if we could ever figure out how to get started.

What do yall think we should do? Who should we talk to? Are there companies that help people in this kind of situation? We are very confident in this soap, but we have no idea where to go with it. If yall have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

That sounds really wonderful! I buy handmade soap from a woman at the flea market. Perhaps she could try a booth there or at a farmers market or craft fair to see if it sells. There are organizations that help people start up their own small businesses. Get in touch with your local Chamber of Commerce. Good luck!!

Wow, this does sound interesting! Sounds like your Mom has a fantastic product. I am not really sure what your Mom's next move should be,but i would suggest she talks to someone who can give her some business idea's and advice. Mabe she will sell it on ebay or something.Your Mom could have her own website (Tony here on MuT design's and makes them). Good Luck to your Mom.

Maybe you or your Mom can give us some advice here on Mut as i get really bad acne and all the expensive lotions and potions don't alway's work, any adivce would be much appreciated.

Good Luck.

Welcome to mut!!!!!!Great idea and lots of luck,maybe you could do a search online?! Hope it works out!!Gwendolyn from NY
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm not sure how to go about marketing it, but perhaps you should start with a patent. There's a lot of info online about how to obtain one.

if you want to patent it, be careful with who you do it with. i saw some 60 minutes program on tv or something and they were talking about how those patent companies that you see on tv are frauds or something. so just be careful
smile.gif

Welcome to MUT Corrine. Let us know if she starts selling at ebay or at her own site. I wouldn't mind trying
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by corrine

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about something. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
My mom makes this homemade soap that's really great for your skin - it's moisturizing, cleansing, anti-aging, and clears up acne & exzema or sorriasis (sp) (I can't remember which) - you end up needing less makeup because your skin is healthier & the makeup that you do use comes off easily when you wash your face with this soap & water. Everyone who tries it loves it & people keep telling my mom that she should try to sell it commercially, but she doesn't know how to go about getting started. I don't think a cosmetic company would take a kitchen made soap very seriously.

I think that is as good as anything on the market & it's just a great general face & body soap. The great thing is when someone has a particular skin problem - like acne - and they use this soap & see that their skin now looks & feels better than when they've went out and bought expensive products that just make their skin worse. And all the men in my family use it for shaving soap because it helps the razor glide across their skin easier & they don't get ingrown hairs.

There are so many good things about it, and I know that it would do really well if we could ever figure out how to get started.

What do yall think we should do? Who should we talk to? Are there companies that help people in this kind of situation? We are very confident in this soap, but we have no idea where to go with it. If yall have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Welcome to MakeupTalk!

Latest posts

Back