Need Book Recommendations Please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been struggling to read Confessions of a Shopaholic, but can't seem to get into it. Is there anything anyone could recommend? I tend to like mystery/suspense, but want to try something else. The only thing I won't read are romance novels.

TIA!

I just finished "Can you keep a secret" by the same author of Confessions, Sophie Kinsella. I thought it was a way better book than Confessions... I got kind of bored and/or irritated with Confessions.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've been struggling to read Confessions of a Shopaholic, but can't seem to get into it. Is there anything anyone could recommend? I tend to like mystery/suspense, but want to try something else. The only thing I won't read are romance novels.
TIA!

Also, I'd like to recommend you keep at it with Confessions for awhile. It gets a lot better and more interesting IMHO. Just a suggestion!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha PS. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

my sister bought that on our way home from croatia at the airport and LOVED it. she thought it was so sad.
i started reading "still thinking of you (even though i shouldn't be)" by adele parks, but i didn't like it because it goes so slow and there's SO many pages. i also couldn't stand it because i'm guessing it's by a british author and she mentions all these places i'm not familiar with lol

have you read "da vinci code"? it seems very popular. everyone's reading it. i just don't like books like that.

in class, we just started reading "the color purple".

I really like books by Iris Johanson... I know you're looking for something different, but for mystery/suspence/romance... her books are awesome. I think Ive read every one of them
icon_wink.gif
A few of her books are about the same characters, but its not really a series - you can pick up any one in any order, and you won't end up lost or anything... but if you read another - you may notice that there are a few of the same people in it. The books are the kind you CANNOT PUT DOWN! So, they move really fast. You should check them out!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Great ones to check out:

The Ugly Duckling

The Face of Deception

Body Of Lies

The Search

Oh heck... they're all good! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I'll have to check those out, sounds interesting Janelle! x They are !
wink.gif
I think she's the only authorthat I can say always writes one great book after another... like Face of deception is the one befor Body of Lies (I think) same main character - A forensic sculpter who uses that clay to re-create faces on skulls... really cool topic anyway - but the rest of the story really makes it interesting. I think she has one new book out that I haven't seen yet... but I will be getting that one soon!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back