Need foundation help?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to this so hope I am doing this right? I am currently using Mac foundation in NW18 and its just not working for me. I have oily/acne proned skin and very frustrated with my routine lately. I have tried clinique, laura mercier, and tons of drug store brands of foundations. I now want to try the new Mary Kay Matte Foundation and dont know what shade to order (I dont live near a consultant)? Can someone help me??? Also I use the clinique skin care #3 and thinking of changing that too? Mary Kay is more affordable and well I guess I just dont know what to do anymore :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks

Maybe give Mary Kay a call and tell them the color you are using in MAC and hopefully they can match you up. There are also some threads on here that cross reference different foundation colors with different brands. I'm at work so can't really take time to look them up - try searching using 'foundation colors'

I dont know the right dupe for MAC but I hope this helps:

If you are Ivory:

Ivory with Yellow undertones = Ivory 2 or 4

Ivory with Olive undertones = Ivory 5

Ivory with Pink undertones = Ivory 1, 3, 6, or 7

If you are Beige:

Beige with Yellow undertones = Beige 1 or 2

Beige with Olive undertones = Beige 4,6, 7

Beige with Pink undertones = Beige 3,5, or 8

You really do need someone to match you tho to find just the right shade... the good news is that Mary Kay has a great return policy.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back