Need help coming up with a Beauty Blog name! ^.^

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to start a beauty blog and was wondering how those of you who have one decided upon a name? I'm that girl who takes 4 hours to select an email name so it could take ages for me to decide upon one 
idea.gif

I wanted a name that I felt could be taken seriously, so I chose Cosmetics Aficionado. Also, I didn't want one that sounded like a username, such as Internetchick's Beauty Haven. Just my personal preference.

What direction will your blog go in? That might help me suggest names.

I'd personally go with something based on your personality. Something that people will remember. That's really important on the internet. I often have to help people/companies come up with domain names that help in terms of search engine optimization, as well as being verbally & audibly catchy. Even if you're not buying your own domain & using something like Blogger to start off with, the title of your blog will be in your URL. I would highly suggest that even if you don't want to use your own domain right now, at least buy it & hold onto it until you do. I'd also suggest keeping the name of your blog private until you decide on it as there are people out there whose business it is to buy domains & hoard them so that later, those who really need or want those specific domains for their website or blog will have to pay a great deal more for them than the current price. It's better to discuss stuff like this privately as your blog could wind up turning into a business. You don't want to shoot yourself in the foot right from the beginning. BTW one of the best companies to use as a domain name registrar is Name Cheap. They're very good & you get free Whois guard for the first year. Some companies are a nightmare to deal with, so you need to keep that in mind as well. Anyways, good luck with everything :)

Thank you both for your help!

I definitely will consider purchasing a domain name down the line, but for now it's just going to be a fun hobby. I ended up deciding on a name my friends suggested to me that pokes fun at my love of disney as well as my ridiculously pale skin...."Fairest-of-all". I know it's not original, but it is easy to remember and I think it suits my personality well 
smile.gif

Do you happen to know if it just takes time and more posts/views to get your blog to show up in google searches? For example I can google something as specific as "fairest of all blogspot" and my page still does not come up. Do you have any suggestions? 
smile.gif

Have you submitted your blog to search engines? It takes time for it to show up.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you submitted your blog to search engines? It takes time for it to show up.
I'm asking questions I KNOW have to sound really dumb lol.....How do you go about submitting your blog? 

Ok, I'm a dork and I started giggling at the idea of "Fairest of the Mall", because IMHO, that would lend itself well to beauty AND fashion AND shopping, etc.

It takes awhile to get your blog show up on search engines but consistency is the key. Just google "submit site to search engine" and you will see search results. It will be very easy to submit a site but to get indexed, you need to be pretty consistent and have new posts all the time so google indexes your blog faster as well

Thanks for your help girls. I submitted it to the major sites so I can just hope for the best. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I'm a dork and I started giggling at the idea of "Fairest of the Mall", because IMHO, that would lend itself well to beauty AND fashion AND shopping, etc.
I swear to you I tried to get that name and it was already taken. It would have been perfect!!

Yeah, that's the frustrating thing when a name is already taken. Of course, you could still use it as a title, but that throws folks off when they type in the name, as opposed to searching or going via direct link

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that's the frustrating thing when a name is already taken. Of course, you could still use it as a title, but that throws folks off when they type in the name, as opposed to searching or going via direct link
Ya I decided to just stick with the name that matches my URL so there is no confusion.

How long did it take you all to start seeing your posts come up in search engines?

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you both for your help!

I definitely will consider purchasing a domain name down the line, but for now it's just going to be a fun hobby. I ended up deciding on a name my friends suggested to me that pokes fun at my love of disney as well as my ridiculously pale skin...."Fairest-of-all". I know it's not original, but it is easy to remember and I think it suits my personality well 
smile.gif
OMG! I love that name! It's perfect for a beauty blog by someone who is pale, while it does suggest Disney. It is really perfect for you!

There's no need to submit your blog/website/whatever. Google will pick it up, providing you've got content. The manner in which search engines index sites/blogs changes all the time. At one time, submitting your site was necessary. It hasn't been that way for quite a while. And like I said before, buy your domain ASAP, even if you just sit on it until you're ready to use it. It's already difficult to get the domains exactly as you want them. It will only get more difficult. I haven't even started my blog yet, but you can bet I already own the domain & have done other things to make sure I'm safe & secure. I'm just at the writing/photos/planning part right now so that when I begin, I've got a constant stream of content.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG! I love that name! It's perfect for a beauty blog by someone who is pale, while it does suggest Disney. It is really perfect for you!
Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love the name! It suits you perfectly.
Thank you both very much!!! Now if I can just get people to visit it haha 
laughing.gif

Latest posts

Back