Need help.. cosmetic question about dark circles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am a man. and i have terrible looking dark circles under eyes and on my eyelids that is hereditary.. do you know what kind of concealer i can use to hide the appearance of them. i rather have a concealer that sticks like glue to the area that also lasts during the night.. a concealer that drys to the area really good without creasing or smudging with a creamy appearance that covers the dark circles perfectly with a natural look.. i have horrible dark circles... and i used cover girl which didnt provide good coverage, you could see right through it, i used the bobbi brown concealer which has a creamy appearance but it easily smudges and doesnt last a long time, i use the macs cosmetic now and it easily smudges. if i accidentally rub my eyes, it will smudge . please help me out here. tell me of a real good concealer that comes in large amounts and can actually not fade away and just stick like glue even after rinsing with water or rubbing eyes.. the thing with the macs and bobbi brown.. theres something fishy about their products.. i think they purposefully make it smudge easily and not last a long time and it comes in a very small pot that only lasts less than 3 months.. and i need a concealer that lasts a long time for my eyelids and under eyes... please help.. i cant even go outside without worrying...i know there isnt a cure but at least there can be a good reliable concealer for both my eyelids and undereye dark circles.

until i resolve my serious dark circles issue, i will be severely depressed and i dont know what i'll do.

Bare Minerals has a concealer that comes in a compact that works pretty well for me. It's $20. I found a dupe at Target by Sonia Kushiak for $9.99 and it works just as well if not better . Good luck !

I think you should first evaluate what your skin type is before considering what kind of concealer you should use. Do you have oily skin? That tends to be a culprit if liquid or cream based concealer rubs off so easily. You might want to get a finishing powder to set your makeup, it might help your concealer last throughout the day.

It looks like you want something that won't rub off easily with strong pigmentation. Remember you can always layer on concealer of the same brands. I hope you blend it evenly also. You should restrain yourself from rubbing your eyes. If ever you feel like doing so, use a gentler motion. Also don't be afraid to reapply! You can always apply mid day. And don't feel uncomfortable about having dark cycles! I think the brands that you have are fine, you just need to learn how to apply them a bit better and practice some kindness to your skin. 

What you experience is not uncommon, though I doubt that's any consolation! There is a line from LUSH Cosmetics called Color Essentials that is what I use on men. It's good for women of course, but it just has a more unisex feel to the packaging and even the product. What's excellent for men is that they do not look like makeup when they are on. YOu cannot see the product at all. There is just a general improvement in the skin tone and, especially under they eyes, a lightening of the area with pretty decent coverage of circles. If you try the Bare Minerals (beware the "Well rested" has a very slight sheen to it) and don't like it, give Lush Cosmetics a try. http://www.lushusa.com/Colour-Essentials/colour-essentials,en_US,sc.html Good luck!

Latest posts

Back