need help finding...

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
a lipstick/gloss that looks like this? for reference, i have pigmented, rosy lips.

thanks for any help!

sorry about the bad quality. it's a picture of a picture.



 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Because I'm a little partial to Chanel, I would try Desert liner with Beige de Chanel lipstick. I actually have a lipstick color in one of my palettes that would be perfect for you, but it's one of the few palettes I don't have labeled and I don't remember what it is. I want to say it might be a Laura Mercier color, but I'm not sure.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Have you checked out MAC's Flutterby, tanarama, or Rio Babe?
those lipsticks come out too close to my lips and don't give me that look, i don't think. i need a more peach/apricot, i'm guessing. freckletone, you'd think, would look like that, but it came out disgustingly orange on me.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by envymi Because I'm a little partial to Chanel, I would try Desert liner with Beige de Chanel lipstick. I actually have a lipstick color in one of my palettes that would be perfect for you, but it's one of the few palettes I don't have labeled and I don't remember what it is. I want to say it might be a Laura Mercier color, but I'm not sure. i'll check those out!
thanks, girls.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Marisol What about high tea? i had that and swapped it away because it was too dark, but thank you.
envy, gloss.com doesn't have that lipstick
i'm watching one on ebay, though. hopefully it won't get too expensive!

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Hmm... try MAC Honey Flower or Deceptive (and my new fave, Sapalicious lip gelee)

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
joy, i've tried deceptive and it was too dark. what's honey flower like? i have honeylove. are they alike?


trisha, i've been meaning to get that, but i keep forgetting. thanks for reminding me!


 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer a lipstick/gloss that looks like this? for reference, i have pigmented, rosy lips.
thanks for any help!

sorry about the bad quality. it's a picture of a picture.

Maybe Clinique Impossibly Glossy in Beach Bunny...but it might be more transparent than you might be looking for, I'd suggest trying it on first. Another tip: my cousin uses a stick concealer that's slightly darker than her skin tone to get a nude look similar to that picture, then she puts a nude lip gloss like the one I mentioned over it. She doesn't put the concealer on thick...she uses a lip brush and puts just enough to get the color right.
 
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
899
Reaction score
0
Maybe MAC's Peachstock l/s? The pic looks like it has a little pink in it though. I also have a GA l/s that looks like that (but no pink). Can't remember what the color is at the moment (I'm at work).

 
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Because I have dark top lip and pink bottom lip I often have to use a lip pencil to give myself a good even base color or some lipstick/gloss don't come off well.

How about trying to fill your entire lip first with Wet n' Wild's #666 lip pencil and then use a clear gloss.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
spaz, i just purchased benefit's lip plump that trisha mentioned above, so i won't have to use a concealer because it does basically the same thing. thank you!


jess, i was thinking of peachstock, but i HATE satin lipsticks and i'm pretty sure it's a satin. what's that GA number? thanks!

quelinda, i don't know what all the hype is for #666, but i hate it! i guess i just don't like ANYTHING dark or close to my lip color. thanks, though!

 
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
7,760
Reaction score
1
if you might be interested in something other than mac, maybelline moisture whip lipstick in peachy mocha might match pretty well.

Originally Posted by Jennifer a lipstick/gloss that looks like this? for reference, i have pigmented, rosy lips.
thanks for any help!

sorry about the bad quality. it's a picture of a picture.

 
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer spaz, i just purchased benefit's lip plump that trisha mentioned above, so i won't have to use a concealer because it does basically the same thing. thank you!

jess, i was thinking of peachstock, but i HATE satin lipsticks and i'm pretty sure it's a satin. what's that GA number? thanks!

quelinda, i don't know what all the hype is for #666, but i hate it! i guess i just don't like ANYTHING dark or close to my lip color. thanks, though!

Hope the Lip Plump works for you...let us know!

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Trisha Hope you love the Lip Plump, i dont use it straight from the wand, i put some on the back of my hand and pat it onto my lips with my fingers, i think you could use too much if you apply straight from the tube, just an FYI Jen! x oh, definitely! anything that i know could completely wash me out, like MAC's fleshpot, i usually dab twice on my lips and spread with my finger. thanks


Originally Posted by monniej if you might be interested in something other than mac, maybelline moisture whip lipstick in peachy mocha might match pretty well. i'm open to anything, not just MAC!
i'm definitely gonna look for peachy mocha! thank you!
thanks, spaz!


nydoll, i had hug me and swapped it away. it was too dark. i don't even know all the hype about it! it came out almost brown on my lips, but in my allure magazine, some model had it on and it looked nothing like it did on me! thanks, though!

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Ever try MAC's Blankety. I tried it tonight while trying to do a nude look and I think it may be what you are looking for.

 
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
899
Reaction score
0
Jennifer, the the GA l/s I was talking about is the Shine l/s in #18.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
marisol, i have that. it's more a pinky-beige. thanks, though!

jess, thanks!!!

 

Latest posts

Top