need help finding...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
a lipstick/gloss that looks like this? for reference, i have pigmented, rosy lips.

thanks for any help!

sorry about the bad quality. it's a picture of a picture.

Because I'm a little partial to Chanel, I would try Desert liner with Beige de Chanel lipstick. I actually have a lipstick color in one of my palettes that would be perfect for you, but it's one of the few palettes I don't have labeled and I don't remember what it is. I want to say it might be a Laura Mercier color, but I'm not sure.

Have you checked out MAC's Flutterby, tanarama, or Rio Babe?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Have you checked out MAC's Flutterby, tanarama, or Rio Babe?
icon_wink.gif
those lipsticks come out too close to my lips and don't give me that look, i don't think. i need a more peach/apricot, i'm guessing. freckletone, you'd think, would look like that, but it came out disgustingly orange on me.

Originally Posted by envymi Because I'm a little partial to Chanel, I would try Desert liner with Beige de Chanel lipstick. I actually have a lipstick color in one of my palettes that would be perfect for you, but it's one of the few palettes I don't have labeled and I don't remember what it is. I want to say it might be a Laura Mercier color, but I'm not sure. i'll check those out!
thanks, girls.

Originally Posted by Marisol What about high tea? i had that and swapped it away because it was too dark, but thank you.
envy, gloss.com doesn't have that lipstick
frown.gif
i'm watching one on ebay, though. hopefully it won't get too expensive!

Hmm... try MAC Honey Flower or Deceptive (and my new fave, Sapalicious lip gelee)

joy, i've tried deceptive and it was too dark. what's honey flower like? i have honeylove. are they alike?
icon_redface.gif

trisha, i've been meaning to get that, but i keep forgetting. thanks for reminding me!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer a lipstick/gloss that looks like this? for reference, i have pigmented, rosy lips.
thanks for any help!

Maybe Clinique Impossibly Glossy in Beach Bunny...but it might be more transparent than you might be looking for, I'd suggest trying it on first. Another tip: my cousin uses a stick concealer that's slightly darker than her skin tone to get a nude look similar to that picture, then she puts a nude lip gloss like the one I mentioned over it. She doesn't put the concealer on thick...she uses a lip brush and puts just enough to get the color right.

Maybe MAC's Peachstock l/s? The pic looks like it has a little pink in it though. I also have a GA l/s that looks like that (but no pink). Can't remember what the color is at the moment (I'm at work).

Because I have dark top lip and pink bottom lip I often have to use a lip pencil to give myself a good even base color or some lipstick/gloss don't come off well.

How about trying to fill your entire lip first with Wet n' Wild's #666 lip pencil and then use a clear gloss.

spaz, i just purchased benefit's lip plump that trisha mentioned above, so i won't have to use a concealer because it does basically the same thing. thank you!
smile.gif

jess, i was thinking of peachstock, but i HATE satin lipsticks and i'm pretty sure it's a satin. what's that GA number? thanks!

quelinda, i don't know what all the hype is for #666, but i hate it! i guess i just don't like ANYTHING dark or close to my lip color. thanks, though!

if you might be interested in something other than mac, maybelline moisture whip lipstick in peachy mocha might match pretty well.

Originally Posted by Jennifer a lipstick/gloss that looks like this? for reference, i have pigmented, rosy lips.
thanks for any help!

Originally Posted by Jennifer spaz, i just purchased benefit's lip plump that trisha mentioned above, so i won't have to use a concealer because it does basically the same thing. thank you!
smile.gif

jess, i was thinking of peachstock, but i HATE satin lipsticks and i'm pretty sure it's a satin. what's that GA number? thanks!

quelinda, i don't know what all the hype is for #666, but i hate it! i guess i just don't like ANYTHING dark or close to my lip color. thanks, though!

Hope the Lip Plump works for you...let us know!

Originally Posted by Trisha Hope you love the Lip Plump, i dont use it straight from the wand, i put some on the back of my hand and pat it onto my lips with my fingers, i think you could use too much if you apply straight from the tube, just an FYI Jen! x oh, definitely! anything that i know could completely wash me out, like MAC's fleshpot, i usually dab twice on my lips and spread with my finger. thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by monniej if you might be interested in something other than mac, maybelline moisture whip lipstick in peachy mocha might match pretty well. i'm open to anything, not just MAC!
smile.gif
i'm definitely gonna look for peachy mocha! thank you!
thanks, spaz!
wink.gif

nydoll, i had hug me and swapped it away. it was too dark. i don't even know all the hype about it! it came out almost brown on my lips, but in my allure magazine, some model had it on and it looked nothing like it did on me! thanks, though!

Ever try MAC's Blankety. I tried it tonight while trying to do a nude look and I think it may be what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back