Need help with MAC purchase!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My b-day's coming up and my bf asked me what I want. Guess what I said.... $100 to spend at MAC!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm kinda of broke right now so this really makes me happy. He agreed to it and now I need help picking out certain things:

-Concealer: I know they have stick type and liquid type.. I'll be using it mostly for under eye circles. Any suggestions?

-Berry-color l/s: I read a thread on what's hot for fall and now I want one
icon_redface.gif
I'm gonna test on myself but I wanted to know what everyone's favorites were.

-e/s brush: I'm planning on buying a several for e/s. Which ones do you guys use/like?

I'm sooo excited! I'll make sure to post all my b-day purchases!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i'm not sure about the concealer or the lippie. but my fave e/s brushes are:

217, 222, 242, 239

Originally Posted by Liz i'm not sure about the concealer or the lippie. but my fave e/s brushes are:217, 222, 242, 239

Thanks Liz! I'll take those #'s to MAC!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilyindavis My b-day's coming up and my bf asked me what I want. Guess what I said.... $100 to spend at MAC!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm kinda of broke right now so this really makes me happy. He agreed to it and now I need help picking out certain things:
-Concealer: I know they have stick type and liquid type.. I'll be using it mostly for under eye circles. Any suggestions?

icon_redface.gif

-e/s brush: I'm planning on buying a several for e/s. Which ones do you guys use/like?

icon_cheesygrin.gif

What a nice BF!
Here are my faves:

Lipstick: O (berry with bronze frost, gorgeous!), Sophisto (sheer, lustre texture) & Viva Glam IV (bright berry with frost)

Concealor: Select Moisturecover (medium coverage)

Brushes: 224 (blending), 266 (angle), 239 (shader), 219

Originally Posted by Joyeuux What a nice BF!
Here are my faves:

Lipstick: O (berry with bronze frost, gorgeous!), Sophisto (sheer, lustre texture) & Viva Glam IV (bright berry with frost)

Concealor: Select Moisturecover (medium coverage)

Brushes: 224 (blending), 266 (angle), 239 (shader), 219

Hehe thanks! They all sound fantastic!

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilyindavis My b-day's coming up and my bf asked me what I want. Guess what I said.... $100 to spend at MAC!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_redface.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Lucky you!!
For concealer, I suggest MAC's Select Cover-Up in the tube (smooth, light reflecting and non-cakey when topped with a bit of translucent powder). OR, try Select Moisturecover (highly moisturizing, and easy to use with its wand applicator). I suggest the latter if your undereye area is really dry.

As for berry colored lipstick, MAC has several! For a really bright, "I just ate a bowl of rasperries"
icon_redface.gif
look, try applying "Berry Boost" and then blotting with a tissue for the matte look of a lipstain. "Brick-O-La" is another really nice berry lipstick for fall.

MAC has a really nice berry lipglass too: its called "Desire"... but its more mauve-y berry than red-ish. It would look nice paired with one of the lipsticks though.

My favorite MAC e/s brushes are: 263 or 269 (for angled brushes), 222, 213, and 249.

Happy Shopping!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by ikebana
icon_biggrin.gif

Lucky you!!

For concealer, I suggest MAC's Select Cover-Up in the tube (smooth, light reflecting and non-cakey when topped with a bit of translucent powder). OR, try Select Moisturecover (highly moisturizing, and easy to use with its wand applicator). I suggest the latter if your undereye area is really dry.

As for berry colored lipstick, MAC has several! For a really bright, "I just ate a bowl of rasperries"
icon_redface.gif
look, try applying "Berry Boost" and then blotting with a tissue for the matte look of a lipstain. "Brick-O-La" is another really nice berry lipstick for fall.

MAC has a really nice berry lipglass too: its called "Desire"... but its more mauve-y berry than red-ish. It would look nice paired with one of the lipsticks though.

My favorite MAC e/s brushes are: 263 or 269 (for angled brushes), 222, 213, and 249.

Happy Shopping!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Wow they all sound great! I know I'm gonna spend more than $100 once I get there LOL
biggrin.gif

Have fun on your MAC trip girlie! I cant help with the concealer or lipsticks because i've never used any of MAC's concealers before & i'm a nude girl when it comes to lips but i do want to suggest getting MAC's #239. Its a great brush for packing colour on the lids. It was mentioned twice or 3 times already in this thread so i think you can see its a favourite of many MuT'ers!

I can tell you only about the concealer,I have the liquid type Select Cover and I have dark circles and it did nothing I suggest you to buy the stick one,it's better for dark circles!!

Originally Posted by Sophia I can tell you only about the concealer,I have the liquid type Select Cover and I have dark circles and it did nothing I suggest you to buy the stick one,it's better for dark circles!! although I never tried the stick one I agree that the liquid one (Select Cover Up) is tough to use. it dries pretty fast and therefore it´s not all that easy to blend.

i have moistureblend concealer and i like it, but definitely not for dark circles. it IS, though, the only concealer i've found to not settle in wrinkles under the eyes. i had to buy it for my mom's friend (who's 37 and showing wrinkles) and with this concealer, you can barely see it (with the help of chanel's precision eye cream, of course
wink.gif
).

Hi girls and girls

Ive recently mailed the MAC website to ask if they could suggest some colours for the smokey eyed vampy look. they have come up with Vapour as a base, Electra (which i find a bit too 80's blue for me) and Print.

These colours just dont seem to be working well for me. ive blonde hair and blue eyes. Or maybe its how im putting it on.

Do you guys have any more colour suggestions for a really vampy smokey eyed look with MAC colours? An idea for a glossy lip with it as well would be helpful.

Thanks

Lorraine

check out trisha's smokey eye tutorial over here:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=8945

Originally Posted by barbiedalchow Hi girls and girls
Ive recently mailed the MAC website to ask if they could suggest some colours for the smokey eyed vampy look. they have come up with Vapour as a base, Electra (which i find a bit too 80's blue for me) and Print.

These colours just dont seem to be working well for me. ive blonde hair and blue eyes. Or maybe its how im putting it on.

Do you guys have any more colour suggestions for a really vampy smokey eyed look with MAC colours? An idea for a glossy lip with it as well would be helpful.

Thanks

Lorraine

Originally Posted by barbiedalchow Hi girls and girls

Thanks

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine!With a good basic black eyeliner and a good brush you can rock the smokey eye look with any color eyeshadow you want! The best tip I could offer you for a great smokey eye is to blend, blend blend! I think we were talking about it on another thread, but one of my favorite smokey eyes brushes is the NARS smudge brush. I think if you can find that thread, I posted pictures of my brush to show how great it is. Most people think a smokey eye consists of only grey or black shadows, but you can actually get a beautiful smokey eye with any color. Although, I am a huge fan of the basic grey/black combo as well!
icon_biggrin.gif
As for the glossy lip, I just bought a new lustreglass lipgloss from MAC called Garden. If you go vampy on the eyes, this color would really be fantastic. It's a pale, sheer irredescent pinky color with shimmer particles throughout. Give it a try!

Latest posts

Back