Need ideas for makeup on weird face (huge eyes!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I agree about testers, but if you really want to try it out, what you can do is to take a alcohol pad, and wipe down the top layer.  You should have a fresh layer of new lipstick underneath, plus the top layer has now been wiped with alcohol.  Then take a q-tip or lip brush or other applicator to apply it.  (I normally just swatch on the back of my hand instead of my mouth because I've just seen some girls practically eating the lipstick testers and it just grosses me out!)  That's how a lot of makeup artists will keep their lipsticks sanitary is to always wipe down the top layer and use an applicator to grab the product instead of direct contact with lips.  With things like eyeliner pencils, you just sharpen down the product so you again are using fresh product instead of stuff that has touched someone else.

You asked if anyone related- so I just wanted to say I have a big forehead and also I have naturally brown hair & blonde eyebrows.  So, yep!

Thanks for the tips about the store samples. Ugh, yeah I definitely don't want to get herpes or the flu or anything, so I'll just go to stores that have good return policies.

Melissa - Yay, someone understands! Some of my friends say my I shouldn't use pencil on my eyebrows and that they look fine (and they do look tolerable as long as I stay inside), but all these friends also have beautiful dark eyebrows that only require tweezing as necessary.

You are beautiful!

I wish my eyes were larger and I wish my forehead was longer and I wish my hair was not as curly/kinky/frizzy and thick. I had laser done on my hairline to bring it back a bit, and to be honest it didn't really help much.

So basically what I am saying is ... Embrace and love yourself. We each have a want for something different but end result is, someone will always want what you have, or what I have or what the next person has.

Thanks Dinitchka! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, I'd do anything to have a lower hairline so I could just keep wearing my hair simply and not have my forehead look too big!

Originally Posted by BiologyGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! I love this forum, there is so much info! I guess I'll go start a hair thread now, since that seems to be where this thread is going. I have a question about makeup shopping though, probably a really stupid one but I'm a beginner so forgive me! Today I was in a cosmetics store, and I wanted to try on some lipstick but I wasn't sure how to do that. There were some open tubes to use as testers, but I'm guessing you're not supposed to just put them on your lips since that would be kind of unsanitary, right? So how are you supposed to try them out? I saw that there were some mirrors in the store with what looked like disposable eyeshadow applicators (and cotton swabs and pads) nearby for sampling other kinds of makeup, would I just use that to try on lipstick? I didn't end up buying anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRg0qCdgrss

Well, I think big, wide set eyes are beautiful! You should stop ripping on yourself. There is no problem but your self confidence! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you want your eyes to look closer set you should do a cat eye liner from the inside TOP eyelid extending out! The line being on the inner corner of your eye will make them appear closer.

I agree with above--you have GREAT features! Definitely play up those eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some well-placed bronzer/blush/highlighter might help you bring out the cheekbones and balance the eyes. You have great lips too--try some bold color, and that can also balance the rest.

I also want to point out--in those last photos you posted where your eyes look very dark...... that is not a you-have-bad-features problem, that is a photogapher-who-doesn't-know-how-to-use-light-properly problem. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think where you are standing in relation to the light is actually what is causing the problem and making you look like you're in the shadows. All they would have had to do was turn you around OR use a flash. Frankly, anybody's eyes would have looked like that in that scenario! I mean, look at the guy behind you in one--his eyes are also looking shadowy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Weird face?? Not at all! You have gorgeous eyes- I love them! I think you would look great with a short haircut with bangs (although this might be a bit more maintenance).  And I agree about trying out a bold lip look. You might grow to love it! Anyway, know that you're beautiful and let your confidence shine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back