Need opinion on Liquid eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot use liquid eye liners either. Like Charmaine, I do prefer Fluidlines since they are a gel.

I suck with liquid and fluidlines!! lol
wink.gif
(I'm a Powerpoint girl) But the only liquid one I ever liked and looked somewhat normal is the Maybelline Express Pen... it's blue w/ a gold cap (don't know the exact name) but that one was actually pretty decent.
smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback. I went to Wal-Mart today and bought a Covergirl liquid pencil and it doesn't seem to work for me. I think from now on will continue to stick with a regular eyeliner.

I love liquid eyeliner. It takes a little practice to get nice precise lines> I like it because I can get a really narrow line, more narrow than a pencil, and also I can line closer to my lash line than I can ever get with a pencil. Sometimes I'll use a pencil and then a liquid to cover the area really close to my lash line.

Hi! I ONLY wear liquid eyeliner. I think it looks much cleaner and stays longer than any other liner. The one I prefer is the Benefit BabeCake. It is a cake liner that when you add water turns into liquid, I use a thin brush and gently brush it on. Never flakes or runs.

I much prefer pencils and gel liners - it's hard for me to get a precise line with liquids, plus they take longer to dry than a gel or pencil, IMO!

I used to be a huge fan of liquid eyeliner, but it does take a steady hand to apply. When I first started using it I would draw a roughish line, then erase any little mistakes with a cotton bud. Now I just use a really sharp pencil eyeliner as that stays put on my upper lash line better!

I'm a gel liner girl! I love MAC Fluidlines and Stila Smudgepots, especially because they stay on flawless all day.

hi, i apply my liner with mac eyeshadow in carbon. gives a nice soft look and really brings out the colour of my eyes. i apply it with brush no. 266. i also use rimmel's liquid liner in black, i really like this too, just gives a different effect.

I am terrible at liquid liners. But I solved the problem by using a really thin brush to apply the liquid. Now, I have much better control & can draw a line quite nicely(its not perfect though
icon_smile.gif
), & in half the time that I used to. To solve the problem of buying expensive brushes, u could buy good quality paint brushes that work as well & cost lesser!

Just wanted to add that when applying gel or liquid liner, it's better to work slowly, with short feather-like strokes. Don't try to do it all in one swoop -- from personal experience, it rarely works!

although i haven't tried any gel liners yet. i find that they definitely give a more defined dramatic look. i agree with Joyeuux that shorter dashes vs. long strokes definitely work better.
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back