Need perfume ideas - I can't smell

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg

Reaction score
About 6 years ago, I had an unbelievable sinus infection and lost my sense of smell. Needless to say, I'm always worried about body odor and put on deodorant three times a day. I don't wear fragrance because I can't tell if it smells good or is overpowering.

Now I want to have a signature fragrance. Can anyone suggest something light that most people like and could be worn year round?

Thanks,

Renee

frown.gif
my best friend has constant allergies year round and lost almost any taste of food.

something really light i was wearing as a teen is Anais Anais by Cacharel. it has the sweet and delicate scent of rose, and i see no problem wearing it year round. it also exist in an eau de toilette version, so you're sure it's not too strong.

Well... what kind of scents did you like before you lost your sense of smell? Do you like vanilla or floral? etc.

A favorite of mine is Thierry Muglar's Alien. I wear it daily and get about 3 compliments in one day... all the time. I don't know what it is about it. Is it really light? No... but it is not over-powering at all, and definitely not strong. I think it is perfect. You should take a close friend or family member to the store to try it... and have them give you their opinion.

Thanks all. Years ago, I did this sampling test at a perfumery, and the results said I favored 'gardenia' type fragrances.

I'll try all of the suggestions and see what compliments I get. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Try Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path...it smells so feminine, powdery, and clean, I thinks its a classic scent.

Latest posts

Back