Need rec's for face moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
During autumn and winter my face becomes more dry plus it is sensitive to fragrances in products. In the past I have used Vichy and RoC moisturizers for my face. Although I like them, the price is getting expensive $33.00-40.00 Canadian.

I was wondering what other brands you recommend that would be cheaper in price and good for sensitive skin. The winters here are harsh so I need something that will really moisturize my face without being too heavy or greasy.

With moisturizers is it important that they sink into the skin instead of just sitting on top of the skin surface? I do exfoliate once a week with RoC Gommage Douceur Exfoliator which is gentle for my skin.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45 Daily Moisturizer (can be found at Shopper's Drug Mart). I love it. It's not greasy and goes well under makeup. It's $18.99 CAD.

If you know of an AVON rep in your area, definitely check out the dry skin line. My mom uses this and it's one of the only things that helps her get through the colder months. HTH!

I like Aveeno moisturizers also. They have some with no SPF or ones with a 15 and a 30.

i'm addicted to La roche posay hydraphase during winter (21can$).

but when i want something that keeps my cheeks protected against the wind i go for a "cold cream". several brands have one, Uriage, Avène, even Mustela, this winter i've decided i would try the calendula cold cream from Weleda (i'm not sure this brand can be found in Canada, but it costs about 10can$).

Latest posts

Back