Need some advice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Ok, so I've been thinking about what I want to do with my life. Of course I want to work for MAC, but I don't think I'm ready to apply there. I don't even have anyone to bring in for the interview even if I was going to apply.

Anyways, I would like to apply to Macy's at one of the makeup counters. With how much you guys know about me, which counter should I try to apply to?

Here are the counters at my Macy's:

-Chanel

-Estee Lauder

-Lancome

-Dior

-YSL

-Sheisedo

-Biotherm

-Benefit

-Clinique

-Clarins

-Prescriptives

I'm leaning towards Chanel and Esteelauder because of the perks and discounts
icon_twisted.gif
but I don't know the products that well and don't know how to pronounce chanel's stuff. lol! Benefit would be easy cause there aren't that many products to deal with. lol.

Any advice?

Girl, I still think you should apply to work at MAC! You already have so much product knowledge, so that puts you ahead of the game. Not everyone who works at MAC has prior artistry experience. Past sales experience is also very important... and anyways, MAC has their 5 day basic training for all new hires which goes into color theory, products, application techniques etc.

They'll have you interview alone first and then if they like you, you'll come back to do an application. Maybe your BF has a sister or family friends who'd want to be your model. I took my old roomate & bought her lunch as a thank you. Who would say no to a free makeover and lunch? lol!

I'd apply at every counter, don't limit yourself - get your foot it the door

Originally Posted by Liz Ok, so I've been thinking about what I want to do with my life. Of course I want to work for MAC, but I don't think I'm ready to apply there. I don't even have anyone to bring in for the interview even if I was going to apply.
Anyways, I would like to apply to Macy's at one of the makeup counters. With how much you guys know about me, which counter should I try to apply to?

Here are the counters at my Macy's:

-Chanel

-Estee Lauder

-Lancome

-Dior

-YSL

-Sheisedo

-Biotherm

-Benefit

-Clinique

-Clarins

-Prescriptives

I'm leaning towards Chanel and Esteelauder because of the perks and discounts
icon_twisted.gif
but I don't know the products that well and don't know how to pronounce chanel's stuff. lol! Benefit would be easy cause there aren't that many products to deal with. lol.

Any advice?

i agree with the girls above. you won't know until you try, so see if you can get into MAC. if not, go for something else, but don't settle for anything you know you won't be happy doing! good luck!
smile.gif

ITA!!! Liz, go for what you REALLY want to do!

Originally Posted by Jennifer i agree with the girls above. you won't know until you try, so see if you can get into MAC. if not, go for something else, but don't settle for anything you know you won't be happy doing! good luck!
smile.gif

Liz, I agree with everybody here. You should apply Mac and if not try the rest of the counters at the Macy's. Don't ever think that you cannot do it! You are smart, beautiful, friendly, and excellent. Keep your spirit up, have faith in yourself. We are with you always
icon_smile.gif

Wow Liz, this sounds like an exciting time for you! You have the whole world laid out in front of you...try not to stress, just enjoy the fact that you have so many choices! Go with your gut!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* I'd apply at every counter, don't limit yourself - get your foot it the door I'd like to second that!!

Personally though I'd go to Chanel and Dior first because the only way that I could ever afford their products is if I worked for them and could get the freebies.

Personally i love Makeup and would be happy to get a job doing something i loved with any of the cosmetic company's you mentioned.It doesn't really matter which counter you work for as it is always a stepping stone and experience for you. As KO suggested, i would go to all of them with a big smile and winning attitude and hope one of the 10 company's would employ me.You are also 10 x luckier and more likely to get a job than if you only apply for one.Good Luck and all the best.

Originally Posted by K*O* I'd apply at every counter, don't limit yourself - get your foot it the door
Im with Karen on this one.This way you have more than one opportunity.

I wish you lots of luck Liz,anything you want to do you can,you are the only person who stands in your way
icon_wink.gif
Good luck

Latest posts

Back