Need Some Chicken Recipes Please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I've been doing the SBD & have lost inches & am quite pleased. Now that I'm into phase 2, I wanted to incorporate some healthy yet tasty options for chicken. I never followed the SBD recipes & just broiled my chicken w/seasoning but now, I want more variety.

Keep in mind, I'm trying to avoid any added sugar into recipes & would use substitutions (thanks Tess!) instead. Anything quick & easy would be a great change from my Garlic Salt/Italian Spice/Pepper combination. I'm trying to think of a marinade that would use low-sodium soy sauce, clear rum, balsamic vinegar--not together of course, but if someone has something, I'd be open to it. I'm just bored of what I've been eating & need to break out of my rut.

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated & welcome w/open taste buds.
biggrin.gif
THANKS!

I've found a couple that look pretty good, not sure if they are exactly what you are looking for but I'll keep looking. I think with the chicken satay you can use substitutes for the sugar and salt, it also calls for light coconut milk which I've never used so I have no idea what the contents in it are has far as sugar or sodium go. Hope these help
smile.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=165 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD width=15></TD><TD align=left width=150><TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=phototext>

spacer.gif

Chicken Satay

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Chicken Satay

1-1/2 lbs. chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces

1 Tbs. curry powder

1/2 Tbs. pepper

1 Tbs. salt

1 Tbs. sugar

1 Tbs. garlic powder

1/4 cup light coconut milk

8 to 10 bamboo skewers

Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Marinate meat for four to 24 hours. Thread three to four pieces of marinated chicken on a bamboo skewer, leaving the last several inches empty.

Tandoor-style Chicken Breasts

These grilled chicken breast are loaded with flavor, not fat. By basting with the marinade during the grilling you keep the flavor on and keep the chicken moist.

INGREDIENTS:

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=165 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD width=15></TD><TD align=left width=150><TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=phototext></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>PREPARATION:

Mix together everything but the chicken in a bowl. Cut breasts in half lengthwise and place in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over chicken and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours covered. Preheat grill. Remove chicken from dish reserving the marinade. Grill 15-20 minutes over a medium heat, brushing with remaining marinade frequently. Great served over rice. About 4 grams fat per serving. 1 breast per serving

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Garlic marinade is know for its ability to stay on the meat. The rich, white texture, and that wonderful unmistakeable flavor of garlic, olive oil and spices will make you seek out this delicious marinade.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil

4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed

1 tablespoon water

2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon ground mustard

3 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar, dry sherry or apple juice

Instructions:

Heat oil in skilletover medium-high heat. Cook garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in rosemary, water, soy sauce and mustard; remove from heat. Stir in vinegar; cool. Use to marinade 1 pound beef, pork or chicken: bake, broil or grill meat.

Servings:

1/2 cup marinade

Originally Posted by keaLoha Thanks Tess! I'll give these a try tonight & tomorrow!
smile.gif
You are very welcome!

This is a yummy marinade that we use on both chicken and beef. It works great on kebabs! It has all the classic Asian flavors -- we never buy pre-made teriyaki sauce anymore, we always use this marinade! Not sure if you want to use honey, but I'm sure it would work without it!

2 tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce

2 tbs honey

1 tbs grated fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 tsp grated lemon peel

1/4 tsp crushed hot red pepper flakes

Mix well; stir in meat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hrs, stirring occasionally.

Here's another recipe with honey, I guess you can ignore it if you don't want honey! But otherwise it's pretty healthy since it's broiled or baked.

Honey Mustard Chicken

1/3 cup Dijon mustard

1/3 cup honey

2 tbs chopped fresh dill or 1 tbs dried dill

1 tsp freshly grated orange peel

1 chicken quartered

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix mustard, honey, dill, and orange peel in a small bowl.

2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chicken, skin-side down, on pan. Brush sauce on top of chicken. Turn chicken over. Pull back skin and brush meat with sauce. Gently pull skin back over sauce. Brush skin with remaining sauce.

3. Bake until juices run clear, approximately 30 minutes.

OR: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Broil chicken, turning once and brushing with sauce.

(Keep in mind that if you are only making one or two chicken breasts, you won't even use half the sauce so you'll be eating a lot less than 1/3 cup of honey!)

OMG, those sound great. I didn't get a chance to try either Wednesday night b/c I had a puppy/dog class orientation. Hopefully my dog will learn something from this class--especially b/c it's cutting into our dinner hour.
wink.gif

OMG, I'm such a dork, I forgot about them.
icon_redface.gif
Been scouring magazines for stuff, but totally forgot that I love 30-minute meals w/Rachel Ray. LOL!

Here's a really easy one:

Place chicken pieces (your choice) on cookie sheet.

Sprinkle with garlic powder, seasoning salt & paprika.

Bake at 425 for 50 - 60 min (depending on your pieces).

I use skinless and boneless breasts and season both sides.

Enjoy
rolleyes.gif

Stacey

Hmmm...I don't have any SBD-worthy recipes but I do have a fool-proof way of cooking chicken breasts with a clingy marinade or sauce! The meat turns out very tender, juicy and full of flavor. For non-SBD cooks, this is THE way to do barbecue chicken in the oven! Just thicken up (reduce) the barbecue sauce for a few minutes on the stove before using. Bottled sauce is too runny.
wink.gif

Ingredients:

boneless chicken breasts, rinsed, patted dry with paper towls and peppered.

thick marinade* or sauce

Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable or other refined oil in a heavy-bottomed, non-reactive skillet (12-inch is great) over high heat until oil begins to smoke. (don't try this with olive-oil, it has a lower smoke point and won't work as well.) Add peppered chicken breasts skinned-side down to the skillet quickly and sear for one minute (or until light golden), then flip with tongs and sear for an additional minute on the other side. Remove the breasts and place on a holding plate. Wipe excess oil from skillet. Add sauce to same skillet and reduce heat to medium and bring sauce to simmer. Remove from burner, place chicken breasts back in skillet with sauce, coat thickly with heated sauce and place in a preheated 325 degree oven on the upper-middle rack (about 5 inches from element). Cook for about 10-14 minutes or until the thickest part registers 130 degrees. Set oven to BROIL and continue to cook 5-10 minutes longer, or until temp registers 160 degrees. The key is the chicken temperature, not the time. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes before eating.

*If the marinade is too runny but you'd like to cook the chicken in it, wipe excess oil from the skillet and reduce for a few minutes on medium-high heat, about 4-5 minutes or to a thicker, desired consistency.

We eat a lot of chicken and I make a lot of Asian-type chicken recipes. These are so easy, it's embarrassing. But if you're short on time after work like me, this are very tastey and don't take a lot of time. I just go to the Asian section or Spanish section of my supermarket and buy a bottle of marinade. Then I get either chicken breasts (or whichever part you usually eat) and after washing it good, I poke holes in it with a fork or a knife. Then I stick the pieces of chicken in a zip lock bag and pour in either some Sesame Ginger or Teriyaki marinade sauce into the bag and seal it and refrigerate it overnight. If we're in the mood for Spanish, then I will buy a bottle of Goya Mojo Criollo marinade and use that instead. There are a wide variety of marinade sauces that really eliminate all the seasoning and lengthy steps. Its really literally like: pour, marinade, cook and eat.

When you are ready to cook, spray a baking or roasting pan with PAM and put the chicken pieces in the pan and either cover with aluminum foil if your pan didn't come with a lid. Cook covered at 350 degrees until almost done. (usually an hour roughly). Then uncover chicken and cook 10 to 15 minutes more to brown.

The only thing is you have to check the calorie content on these marinades to see if they comply with the South Beach Diet.

I made a chili kind of chicken i used boneless chicken breasts. i cut up red and green peppers a red onion i brushed extra virgin olive oil with some chili seasoning and creole seasoning along with some mrs dash.

i baked it covered for 45 mins at 375 and it was wonderful.

South Beach is low carb, right? If so, here are some recipes that you might enjoy!

Canadian Chicken Cordon Swiss

4 boneless chicken breasts

4 slices Canadian Bacon

4 slices Swiss Cheese (or Mozzarella, or other white cheese)

freshly ground pepper

minced parsley, or parsley flakes

1 cup ground pork rinds

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

olive oil

Pound chicken breasts flat. Sprinkle with seasonings. Place one slice of Canadian Bacon, and one Swiss Cheese slice on each

chicken breast. Roll up chicken to enclose ham and cheese. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Brush with Olive oil. Combine pork rinds with Parmesan cheese. Cover the chicken breasts with the ground pork rind mixture. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 30 - 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 839 Calories; 55g Fat (59.6% calories from fat); 78g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 182mg Cholesterol; 1968mg Sodium. Exchanges: 10 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Fat.

Broccoli stuffed chicken

4 chicken breasts with or w/o skin

1 small tub of chive/onion cream cheese (full fat kind)

1/2 bag frozen broccoli

2-3 tablespoons chopped garlic (I get it in jars or fresh is fine)

1/4 cup parmasan or mozerella cheese

Grease baking pan. Thaw chicken breast, and cut almost in half (but leave the breasts attached). Set in pan. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Thaw broccoli (I use the microwave)and chop it (in a blender or however you choose) into small bits. Mix with 3/4 of the tub of cream cheese and rest of the ingredients.

Then stuff them into the chicken with a spatula...and fold chicken over onto the "stuffing"...Put into oven for 35 to 45 mins.

You may alter this recipe, such as use chopped spinach instead of broccoli. Or you may use salt/pepper or more garlic if wanted. Drizzle olive oil on top of chicken breasts if desire, and you also can "cover" the chicken with a lid in the oven or tinfoil to hold moisture if wanted but not necessary...

Enjoy!

Planet Hollywood Chicken Crunch

Notes:

This is a favorite of many viewers.

Ingredients:

1 C. Cap'n Crunch Cereal

1 C. Corn flakes

1 C. Flour

1 Tbsp. Granulated Onion

1 Tbsp. Granulated Garlic

2 tsp. Ground black pepper

1 C Milk

2 Eggs

1 lb. Chicken tenders, or breasts cut into strips

Preparation:

Pulse cereals in blender until the consistency of fine crumbs. Pour into bowl. Combine flour, onion, garlic, and pepper in bowl. Beat eggs and mix with milk in third bowl. Dredge breast tenders, first in milk mixture, then in flour mixture, and finally in cereal crumbs. Deep fry at 325 for 3 - 4 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Serve with Creole mustard.

*I have found it easier to put the cereal crumbs and flour in blender together rather than doing this separately. I'm not big on deep frying but if you make it once for the kids they will love it!

Copykat recipe

Originally Posted by Naturally This sounds good ..but I'd replace the granulated Onion & Garlic with the real thing ..tastes better. I've done a similar sort of recipe with just the corn flakes though ..YUMMY ..kids love it too and instead of flour ...use bisquick (light or original). Hi Kim:
I am going to try the bisquick recipe, sometimes I don't have both cereals on hand. Thanks for the info on this
smile.gif
your right onion and garlic would taste better. There are some good recipes on this board!

K

Hi:

There is some great finds here, was wondering around the other day and saw a chicken lime tacos with step by step instructions that was great one!

K

Latest posts

Back