Need some recs for Chanel Glossimers...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have Pin Up and really want to get another Glossimer b/c I love the texture. I have no idea what to get though...

I don't like reds, berries, or bright/dark pinks. I like shades like light pinks, beiges, peaches.

If you have any suggestions, PLEASE lmk! Thanks!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Blizzard and Twinkle are the 2 that I go through the most. How is the texture of these? They have some nice shades, but I'd have to order online & I really dont like thick, goopy glosses - so want to know beforehand
wink.gif

OOOH, they're not thick or goopy at all. These are the only glosses I can stand!

Originally Posted by envymi OOOH, they're not thick or goopy at all. These are the only glosses I can stand! Reaaaaaally now!
icon_wink.gif
Hmmm... I think I know what I might get on the next Sephora haul!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Wow, this site is DANGEROUS!!!
eek.gif
LOL I hate thick glosses - I like ones that feel like lipstick, but look like gloss... my hair would always stick to my face w/ the goopy ones... and if you put your lips together, it would feel all thick and just UGH!
eek.gif
Thanks for the tip Envy!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My friend collected almost ALL of the Glossimers.. she should know what is good. I own and love Twinkle and Sirop. Sirop is a sheer pink, but it 's so pretty, you should try it on first!

Thanks! I'll add Sirop to the must-try list.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette My friend collected almost ALL of the Glossimers.. she should know what is good. I own and love Twinkle and Sirop. Sirop is a sheer pink, but it 's so pretty, you should try it on first!

I would say that Glossimers are less sticky and not as thick. It's kind of drier than lipglass, definately less "wet." I don't really know how to explain it but it's more "comfortable" on my lips than lipglass. Good staying power... I don't really know how it matches up against lipglass; I haven't had either come off without me taking it off first.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Haven't tried these... how would you compare 'em to MAC lipglass?

Chanel Glossimers are the BEST!!! Way better than MAC. I have pin up and twinkle. I cannot live without 'em!
icon_razz.gif

Janelle, you really should try these. Not sticky...very smooth.

I hate the way Lipglass feels on my lips-way too tacky. MAC lip products always make my lips really dry after I take it off too. I never have that problem with the Glossimers or any of Chanel lipsticks or liners.

Oh, too many to recommend. Definitely agree w/evny about Twinkle & Blizzard & w/lotus about Volage. Based on what I've seen you wear, you should also check out Whisper, Unity, Zanzibar & Barely Fig.

Latest posts

Back